Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The unlikely success of next season 14:04 - Jun 2 with 2005 viewsC_Jam_Blue

There is always at least one player who turns out to be an unlikely success in any season. Arguably Jackson and maybe Wolf last season. I have a hunch it could be Edwards and Cameron Humphreys next season. A few games early last season Edwards was electric, hopefully he will rediscover that form

It was only one game but Humphreys looked very composed against Charlton, great pass for the final goal too.

Anyone else?
The unlikely success of next season on 14:10 - Jun 2 with 1962 viewsRobTheMonk

I always think that Ben Morris is going to have a pre season stormer.
The unlikely success of next season on 14:12 - Jun 2 with 1943 viewswkj

The unlikely success of next season on 14:10 - Jun 2 by RobTheMonk

I always think that Ben Morris is going to have a pre season stormer.

I think Ben Morris is just hear on a formality now - I could be mistaken

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The unlikely success of next season on 14:21 - Jun 2 with 1918 viewsitfcjoe

Corrie Ndaba or Kyle Edwards

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The unlikely success of next season on 14:30 - Jun 2 with 1883 viewsDarth_Koont

Donacien was the real standout last season in that category. An outrageously good season and only pipped to POTY by his partner in prime, Burns.

Next season, I’d love it to be Cameron Humphreys but it’s his age and eventual time on the pitch that make it unlikely.

But I’ll take a stab in the dark that Aluko will be much more influential and central to our play next season with a proper pre-season and the overall need to re-structure our attack.

Pronouns: He/Him

The unlikely success of next season on 18:16 - Jun 2 with 1705 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure how unlikely Woolf was really?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The unlikely success of next season on 18:22 - Jun 2 with 1697 viewspointofblue

The unlikely success of next season on 18:16 - Jun 2 by J2BLUE

Not sure how unlikely Woolf was really?

With him it was more a case of the skill being there but not the confidence. The lack of confidence led to errors, with then resulted in him being dropped and nearly shipped out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The unlikely success of next season on 03:04 - Jun 3 with 1400 viewsBigCommon

The unlikely success of next season on 14:30 - Jun 2 by Darth_Koont

Donacien was the real standout last season in that category. An outrageously good season and only pipped to POTY by his partner in prime, Burns.

Next season, I’d love it to be Cameron Humphreys but it’s his age and eventual time on the pitch that make it unlikely.

But I’ll take a stab in the dark that Aluko will be much more influential and central to our play next season with a proper pre-season and the overall need to re-structure our attack.

Not sure if Humphrey will get the minutes to be a stand out success . But I'd love to see him given a first team squad place. And perhaps we see "the emergence" of a future star.... Looking through the current bunch, and in all honesty, don't think it would be much of a surprise to me, if any of them had a stand out season, given the strength in there... If our midfield is super solid, then I recon Chappers could really kick on in the AM area. Did really well last season. (exceptionally well tbh for his first season here) But, if we can win back, and recycle the ball, quicker this season. Could see someone like him, getting a lot more of it.. .
The unlikely success of next season on 03:32 - Jun 3 with 1384 viewsKropotkin123

Jackson got 3 goals in 12 games last season. I don't think he can be considered a success last season. He's also only scored 18 in 105 games, so it is a gamble to keep him, and statistically it is highly unlikely that he will get 20 goals next season. I think if he does then it is a success. I think with a manager playing to his strengths, he could get 20 goals and be an unlikely success. We'll see.

*used wiki for stats

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

The unlikely success of next season on 04:57 - Jun 3 with 1363 viewstextbackup

on the flip side, ive got a horrible feeling donacian is going to have a poor season

based on nothing other than gut feeling

and jackson had about 4/5 good games last season, lets not deem that a success, surely?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 4:59]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The unlikely success of next season on 07:13 - Jun 3 with 1264 viewsVeggie

If it’s unlikely, then the most likely would be Pigott, if he’s still here next season.
The unlikely success of next season on 07:16 - Jun 3 with 1255 viewsGlasgowBlue

Edwards for me. KM is going to turn him into a match winner.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The unlikely success of next season on 09:12 - Jun 3 with 1098 viewsGuthrum

The unlikely success of next season on 07:16 - Jun 3 by GlasgowBlue

Edwards for me. KM is going to turn him into a match winner.

He might turn out to be our RWB. We already know he can run with the ball and get past defenders. All he needs is some work on crossing and shooting. Plus staying injury-free.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The unlikely success of next season on 09:33 - Jun 3 with 1053 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dobra

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The unlikely success of next season on 19:26 - Jun 4 with 698 viewsTractorgirlforever

The unlikely success of next season on 07:13 - Jun 3 by Veggie

If it’s unlikely, then the most likely would be Pigott, if he’s still here next season.

I agree with you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024