Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Birthday George Burley 10:58 - Jun 3 with 752 viewswkj

Really sold me the ITFC dream when I was in high school. Always a pleasure seeing him at Portman Road and an utter gentleman to talk to.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Happy Birthday George Burley on 13:21 - Jun 3 with 626 viewsEdmundo

Such a shame we couldn't cope with Europe and the Prem in 2001-2. A definite case of a victim of his own success. Had we stayed up, I'm pretty sure we'd have a 3rd manager's statue up by now. Loved his football the 90s. Like Newcastle before us, we were everyone's second team.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Happy Birthday George Burley on 13:39 - Jun 3 with 610 viewsBondiBlue

Hopefully this won't come true but... best ITFC manager i'll see in my lifetime? Fingers crossed mckenna can compete but it's a high bar.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Happy Birthday George Burley on 16:03 - Jun 3 with 521 viewsVeggie

Evans definitely should have reappointed him post (or maybe even prior) to MM. He really could not have done any worse than those that followed.
Happy Birthday George Burley on 16:21 - Jun 3 with 504 viewsclive_baker

Happy Birthday George Burley on 16:03 - Jun 3 by Veggie

Evans definitely should have reappointed him post (or maybe even prior) to MM. He really could not have done any worse than those that followed.

Those of us that vouched for that were told we were living in the past and letting nostalgia cloud our judgement. Of course we might’ve been guilty of that, but equally we had a very experienced and knowledgable man manager, ex premier league manager, and ex international player and manager, with a genuine affinity for the club, who was local, very keen to have another crack and who favoured a style that would’ve found favour with both the fans and the staff at the club and academy. Who knows how it might’ve turned out, but I dare say it couldn’t have been much worse than those following MM. It’s a shame for me, a real regret of the club IMO. I really think he could’ve been perfect after Mick for a bit of a rebuild, getting the fans on side and bums on Sears, while looking to the academy. Felt like we needed a reset, we just went about it terribly under Hurst, and since.

I know times change but I can’t help but feel we missed an opportunity I’m not giving George at least a 12 month deal and seeing how it was going.

Happy birthday George, what a guy.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Happy Birthday George Burley on 18:11 - Jun 3 with 454 viewsSE1blue

Happy Birthday George Burley on 16:21 - Jun 3 by clive_baker

Those of us that vouched for that were told we were living in the past and letting nostalgia cloud our judgement. Of course we might’ve been guilty of that, but equally we had a very experienced and knowledgable man manager, ex premier league manager, and ex international player and manager, with a genuine affinity for the club, who was local, very keen to have another crack and who favoured a style that would’ve found favour with both the fans and the staff at the club and academy. Who knows how it might’ve turned out, but I dare say it couldn’t have been much worse than those following MM. It’s a shame for me, a real regret of the club IMO. I really think he could’ve been perfect after Mick for a bit of a rebuild, getting the fans on side and bums on Sears, while looking to the academy. Felt like we needed a reset, we just went about it terribly under Hurst, and since.

I know times change but I can’t help but feel we missed an opportunity I’m not giving George at least a 12 month deal and seeing how it was going.

Happy birthday George, what a guy.

'Bums on Sears"?

He would have still missed them, even if they sat on his lap.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024