Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans 19:49 - Jun 3 with 1982 viewsMullet

Independent review time innit. I'm sure by the time it's done all will be well again etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 19:58 - Jun 3 with 1949 viewsPendejo

One hopes they investigate this also...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61685718

Afterwards sounds worse... The freaks come out at night... Game finished quite close to midnight local time didn't it?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 20:19 - Jun 3 with 1901 viewsMullet

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 19:58 - Jun 3 by Pendejo

Afterwards sounds worse... The freaks come out at night... Game finished quite close to midnight local time didn't it?

Yep, I never went to that part of Paris but understand it's pretty rough as it is. With massive disorder and loads of tourists for easy pickings it's not all that surprising in hindsight is it?

As much as I'm not a fan of Liverpool fans' stereotypical element, the idea this was all obvious and one-sided when even the British press were tweeting the opposite in real time was very telling wasn't it?

I'm not sure what kind of recompense Liverpool fans can really get either.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 20:48 - Jun 3 with 1810 viewsbluelagos

Kin hell, after the senate appearance and complete denial by the French authorities of any wrong doing, was anticipating a long and protracted fight to get anywhere near an acceptance of responsibility.

Major and significant communication. Hopefully the French state are similarly honest in their assessment,

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 20:51 - Jun 3 with 1794 viewsSwansea_Blue

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 19:58 - Jun 3 by Pendejo

Blimey. I knew there was a problem with locals forcing entry, but this is a whole different level. I hope those who immediately jumped to blame the Liverpool fans are having a bit of re-think about their lazy stereotyping.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 9:27]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 20:57 - Jun 3 with 1772 viewsclive_baker

Some Liverpool fans went to the ground without tickets - foolish

Some locals went to the ground without tickets - foolish

The organisation of the event was a complete disaster, shutting gates and penning in fans with no communication at all. The French police are utter pricks who applied force far in excess of what was necessary, largely involving innocent people going about their business trying to watch a football match which they had paid good money for.

There you go UEFA, done it for you, save your dodgy money and spend it on something else.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 21:48 - Jun 3 with 1654 viewsBlueBadger

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 20:51 - Jun 3 by Swansea_Blue

Blimey. I knew there was a problem with locals forcing entry, but this is a whole different level. I hope those who immediately jumped to blame the Liverpool fans are having a bit of re-think about their lazy stereotyping.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 9:27]

Don't worry, they won't.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 22:06 - Jun 3 with 1615 viewsBasingstokeBlue

So they stopped short of calling out lthe French police as fascist pigs, then?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 08:58 - Jun 4 with 1282 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

#donotgotothefrencholympics or similar should do it!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 08:59 - Jun 4 with 1280 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A Royal commission perhaps.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 09:05 - Jun 4 with 1263 viewsKeno

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 20:19 - Jun 3 by Mullet

Yep, I never went to that part of Paris but understand it's pretty rough as it is. With massive disorder and loads of tourists for easy pickings it's not all that surprising in hindsight is it?

As much as I'm not a fan of Liverpool fans' stereotypical element, the idea this was all obvious and one-sided when even the British press were tweeting the opposite in real time was very telling wasn't it?

I'm not sure what kind of recompense Liverpool fans can really get either.

"that part of Paris but understand it's pretty rough"

could be worse, it could be Manchester

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 10:01 - Jun 4 with 1189 viewspointofblue

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 08:58 - Jun 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

#donotgotothefrencholympics or similar should do it!

Though similar was said after the 2011 summer riots in relation to London 2012 and the latter passed without a hitch. Hopefully lessons will be learned and responsibility taken ahead of 2024.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 09:23 - Jun 5 with 958 viewsPhilTWTD

Interesting updated thread from Rob Draper of the Daily Mail:

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 13:59 - Jun 5 with 790 viewsRyorry

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 09:23 - Jun 5 by PhilTWTD

Interesting updated thread from Rob Draper of the Daily Mail:

Wow - chilling indeed. All football fans who follow their teams in Europe should read the thread, esp -

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 14:46 - Jun 5 with 745 viewsNthsuffolkblue

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 13:59 - Jun 5 by Ryorry

Wow - chilling indeed. All football fans who follow their teams in Europe should read the thread, esp -

I am not certain what that clip is showing. The crowd seem fairly jammed in but they are in line and are not going anywhere, are they? Is it the crowd density that he is referring to? In my (unqualified) mind having them spread out and funnelled towards the narrow opening would be far more dangerous.

I would assume from what the expert is saying there in the text, the behaviour of the Liverpool fans in not crushing when the gate did get opened is the main factor in ensuring no loss of life occurred.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 16:19 - Jun 5 with 681 viewsRyorry

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 14:46 - Jun 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not certain what that clip is showing. The crowd seem fairly jammed in but they are in line and are not going anywhere, are they? Is it the crowd density that he is referring to? In my (unqualified) mind having them spread out and funnelled towards the narrow opening would be far more dangerous.

I would assume from what the expert is saying there in the text, the behaviour of the Liverpool fans in not crushing when the gate did get opened is the main factor in ensuring no loss of life occurred.

"having them spread out and funnelled towards the narrow opening would be far more dangerous"

But that is exactly what was going on, enforced by the French police.

And "are not going anywhere" was the precise danger - they couldn't go anywhere at that point, as the gates were closed.

Suggest you read the original thread detailing a live account of what happened on the ground by the same journo, who was there in the crowd. Phil linked that too, so just look through his forum posts.

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 16:27 - Jun 5 with 668 viewsNthsuffolkblue

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 16:19 - Jun 5 by Ryorry

"having them spread out and funnelled towards the narrow opening would be far more dangerous"

But that is exactly what was going on, enforced by the French police.

And "are not going anywhere" was the precise danger - they couldn't go anywhere at that point, as the gates were closed.

Suggest you read the original thread detailing a live account of what happened on the ground by the same journo, who was there in the crowd. Phil linked that too, so just look through his forum posts.

I agree that the management was poor and I am sure this is what happened - I just don't see it on the video with the Tweet. Thought it was a strange clip to attach unless there is something in the clip that I am missing.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 16:37 - Jun 5 with 646 viewsRyorry

UEFA Apology to the Scousers and Madrid fans on 16:27 - Jun 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree that the management was poor and I am sure this is what happened - I just don't see it on the video with the Tweet. Thought it was a strange clip to attach unless there is something in the clip that I am missing.

Those people there are part of that funnelling, fairly near the gates. As you suggested, the calmness & restraint of the LFC fans may well have saved lives.

I think it might have been the same journo who said one of the scariest things was that no lessons seemed to have been learned from the Taylor report on Hillsborough, particularly that *"the police on the ground had no power or authority to change a dangerous situation quickly" - everything was controlled by higher authorities who were a distance away (paraphrase).
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 16:38]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024