Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appalling 09:42 - Jun 5 with 4441 viewsWicksy

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeZEHIGo9u_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

Appalling on 09:59 - Jun 5 with 3560 viewsPendejo

Context?

As we only have this footage there is none.

1. He's an innocent jogger Met have gone OTT on him
2. He's a violent serial rapist who'd rather take his chances in the Thames than be arrested

Multiple other scenarios, I hope it's justified taser... But given Met rep..
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 10:12]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Appalling on 10:03 - Jun 5 with 3531 viewsZXBlue

Appalling on 09:59 - Jun 5 by Pendejo

Context?

2. He's a violent serial rapist who'd rather take his chances in the Thames than be arrested

Appears to have a knife in one hand. And we have no idea, as you say, what the context was. May have a record of violence against officers, may have just committed a violent offence etc. Who knows?
Appalling on 10:24 - Jun 5 with 3457 viewsBlueNomad

You do see him holding something thin in his right hand and then after he falls it is in the road being kicked away by an officer. You see what you want to see in order to make the case you want.

Perhaps evidence is better than supposition, unless of course you have seen body cam footage and an empty evidence bag?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 10:30]
Appalling on 10:33 - Jun 5 with 3406 viewsBloomBlue

Looks like he's carrying a knife or some object all he had to do was drop it.
But until we know the full story it's hard to judge.
Appalling on 10:34 - Jun 5 with 3402 viewsWicksy

Appalling on 10:24 - Jun 5 by BlueNomad

You do see him holding something thin in his right hand and then after he falls it is in the road being kicked away by an officer. You see what you want to see in order to make the case you want.

Perhaps evidence is better than supposition, unless of course you have seen body cam footage and an empty evidence bag?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 10:30]

Can't see how 3 tasers were necessary. Could've just sat on him after 1 surely?

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

Appalling on 10:37 - Jun 5 with 3377 viewsZXBlue

Appalling on 10:34 - Jun 5 by Wicksy

Apart from the fact he got up and was still up for the fight? And may have had other weapons?

People seem to expect police to ignore danger to themselves and act like perfect robots.
Appalling on 10:40 - Jun 5 with 3367 viewsBloomBlue

If he's carrying a knife how do they know he's not carrying another one, if they sit on him he could stab them.
All he had to do was drop it, go down on his knees and hold his hand but from that clip he was refusing to drop it.

Need more evidence but just based on that clip that individual is totally at fault and the police have done nothing wrong, just protecting the public.
Appalling on 11:06 - Jun 5 with 3248 viewsBlueNomad

You really understand real life situations don’t you!
Login to get fewer ads

Appalling on 11:25 - Jun 5 with 3195 viewsronnyd

There were also reports that it was a screwdriver he was brandishing and also abusing passers by. Perhaps he was a miserable council worker doing preventative maintenance on the bridge.
Appalling on 11:54 - Jun 5 with 3101 viewsNeedhamChris

You're playing the man not the ball here. There are no end of legitimate reasons to criticise them but based on the evidence at this point this isn't yet one of them

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Appalling on 13:17 - Jun 5 with 2875 viewsIllinoisblue

Appalling on 09:59 - Jun 5 by Pendejo

Context?

This is the problem with so many videos shared online; the lack of context. It’s a problem.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Appalling on 15:12 - Jun 5 with 2684 viewsParky

Appears he died after jumping into the Thames.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61698168.amp
Appalling on 15:34 - Jun 5 with 2626 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It appears a little this way and I would like to know the logic of each choice to use the Taser. Although there may have been a threat with a knife on the first occasion, was that still so on the second and third? I am sure there will be an investigation especially if the individual has died and I would assume the officers will be suspended pending the result of the investigation.

When will a date be set for the retrial of the girlfriend of the officer who killed Dalian Atkinson?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Appalling on 16:20 - Jun 5 with 2543 viewsnoggin

Appalling on 15:12 - Jun 5 by Parky

Appears he died after jumping into the Thames.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61698168.amp

Confirmed by the Met. Hopefully any protest will be peaceful.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 16:23]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Appalling on 16:26 - Jun 5 with 2508 viewsZXBlue

Appalling on 15:34 - Jun 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

It appears a little this way and I would like to know the logic of each choice to use the Taser. Although there may have been a threat with a knife on the first occasion, was that still so on the second and third? I am sure there will be an investigation especially if the individual has died and I would assume the officers will be suspended pending the result of the investigation.

When will a date be set for the retrial of the girlfriend of the officer who killed Dalian Atkinson?

How many officers were there? If it is six, then perhaps they could have tackled him safely, though could nto be sure if another weapon was present. If two against a big strong guy... Thye really ought not to be expected to take the risk.
Appalling on 16:34 - Jun 5 with 2476 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Appalling on 16:26 - Jun 5 by ZXBlue

How many officers were there? If it is six, then perhaps they could have tackled him safely, though could nto be sure if another weapon was present. If two against a big strong guy... Thye really ought not to be expected to take the risk.

The facts that we are aware of are that there were 2 officers and they appear to have physically threatened by a man with a screwdriver.

Whilst they are physically threatened the use of a Taser is within the law.

What seems, on the face of it, is to use the Taser 3 times and when the individual is not posing a threat. If he still has the screwdriver and is attempting to use it as a weapon and the officer who is using the Taser feels that is the only way to prevent him doing so then fair enough and I am sure that is what the investigation will find. However, the issue is whether officers are using Tasers as a weapon to enable them to make an arrest instead of as a means to defend themselves.

In light of the Dalian Atkinson death, Taser use needs to be carefully considered.

What was the risk to the officers (or the public) at the point of the second and third use of the Taser? This is the key question for a proper investigation to determine (and not for us to attempt to answer here).

Appalling on 16:39 - Jun 5 with 2453 viewsZXBlue

Appalling on 16:34 - Jun 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

The facts that we are aware of are that there were 2 officers and they appear to have physically threatened by a man with a screwdriver.

Whilst they are physically threatened the use of a Taser is within the law.

What seems, on the face of it, is to use the Taser 3 times and when the individual is not posing a threat. If he still has the screwdriver and is attempting to use it as a weapon and the officer who is using the Taser feels that is the only way to prevent him doing so then fair enough and I am sure that is what the investigation will find. However, the issue is whether officers are using Tasers as a weapon to enable them to make an arrest instead of as a means to defend themselves.

In light of the Dalian Atkinson death, Taser use needs to be carefully considered.

What was the risk to the officers (or the public) at the point of the second and third use of the Taser? This is the key question for a proper investigation to determine (and not for us to attempt to answer here).

He was clearly posing a threat. He had one weapon, may have ahd others, he was not giving himself up but ready for more. They approached him and he went for one of them.

We risk making it impossible for officers to do their job without severe risk, if we pull this stuff apart when all appears broadly reasonable.
Appalling on 16:45 - Jun 5 with 2427 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Appalling on 16:39 - Jun 5 by ZXBlue

He was clearly posing a threat. He had one weapon, may have ahd others, he was not giving himself up but ready for more. They approached him and he went for one of them.

We risk making it impossible for officers to do their job without severe risk, if we pull this stuff apart when all appears broadly reasonable.

As I say, that is for a proper investigation to decide and not for us on here.

I am not as confident as you that it is as clear-cut as you assert but I trust the investigation will be conducted by someone with more knowledge than me.

Appalling on 16:54 - Jun 5 with 2403 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sh*t's going to hit the fan for that I suspect.

RIP to the fella (whatever the context, it's not particularly pleasant watching his last few minutes).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Appalling on 17:40 - Jun 5 with 2274 viewsZXBlue

Appalling on 16:45 - Jun 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

As I say, that is for a proper investigation to decide and not for us on here.

I am not as confident as you that it is as clear-cut as you assert but I trust the investigation will be conducted by someone with more knowledge than me.

I think people need ot put themselves in a police officer's mind and shoes occasionally. We ask them to do a very difficult stressful and dangerous job. Personally, I dont think we should ask them to do it in a way that puts them at any more risk than is absolutely necessary.

Of course, at the heart of this, may well be mental health issues and the core fault lies with government. It is almost impossible to get the help you need until you reach the point of being arrested, hurting someone, or hurting yourself.
Appalling on 17:52 - Jun 5 with 2233 viewsBiGDonnie

What's appalling?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Appalling on 18:06 - Jun 5 with 2190 viewslongtimefan

Appalling on 17:40 - Jun 5 by ZXBlue

I think people need ot put themselves in a police officer's mind and shoes occasionally. We ask them to do a very difficult stressful and dangerous job. Personally, I dont think we should ask them to do it in a way that puts them at any more risk than is absolutely necessary.

Of course, at the heart of this, may well be mental health issues and the core fault lies with government. It is almost impossible to get the help you need until you reach the point of being arrested, hurting someone, or hurting yourself.

Indeed. As others have said context is everything. Who knows what might have preceded this. I have a relative who was a police dog handler who was called to an incident where someone yielding a knife had already been tasered twice with little effect. Ended up with both the dog and him receiving stab wounds. Fortunately both recovered, though the dog needed life saving surgery. I wouldn’t want to do a policeman’s job even if paid ten times was they get.
Appalling on 19:01 - Jun 5 with 2078 viewsZXBlue

Appalling on 18:06 - Jun 5 by longtimefan

Indeed. As others have said context is everything. Who knows what might have preceded this. I have a relative who was a police dog handler who was called to an incident where someone yielding a knife had already been tasered twice with little effect. Ended up with both the dog and him receiving stab wounds. Fortunately both recovered, though the dog needed life saving surgery. I wouldn’t want to do a policeman’s job even if paid ten times was they get.

Old friend of mine had to deal solo with a knife in his first few months of probation as a policeman. First proper footchase, until the guy turned on him and pulled a knife down on a canal path. You can understand why they do not want to take risks.
Appalling on 19:40 - Jun 5 with 1985 viewsSwansea_Blue

Appalling on 17:52 - Jun 5 by BiGDonnie

What's appalling?

Killing someone I’d imagine.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Appalling on 19:49 - Jun 5 with 1955 viewsgtsb1966

Appalling on 19:40 - Jun 5 by Swansea_Blue

Killing someone I’d imagine.

The police didn't kill him though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024