Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beattie statue skated on again presumably? 11:54 - Jun 5 with 5134 viewsMullet

Will be a real shame if they have to put spikes or some other brutal architecture around it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 12:11 - Jun 5 with 4071 viewsronnyd

Couldn't there be some pebbles cemented a couple of feet away from the base, just to stop the kids from skating up close to it? If they were the same colour they would hardly notice.
Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 15:34 - Jun 5 with 3571 viewsdominiciawful

I simply cannot understand people defending the original incident. How hard is it for those who skate to show the slightest bit of respect to the statue and its plinth? It's clearly a memorial to somebody held high in the thoughts of a lot of people. Are they really that braindead and inconsiderate?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 15:43 - Jun 5 with 3533 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 15:34 - Jun 5 by dominiciawful

I simply cannot understand people defending the original incident. How hard is it for those who skate to show the slightest bit of respect to the statue and its plinth? It's clearly a memorial to somebody held high in the thoughts of a lot of people. Are they really that braindead and inconsiderate?

I don't think they are, it is just a very rare angle in the urban environment. Cobbles is indeed the answer!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 15:54 - Jun 5 with 3481 viewsHighgateBlue

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 15:43 - Jun 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

I don't think they are, it is just a very rare angle in the urban environment. Cobbles is indeed the answer!

Given that angles has been brought up, the word that comes to mind in relation to these sk8ter boiz is obtuse...
Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 17:21 - Jun 5 with 3258 viewshoppy

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 15:43 - Jun 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not the first time the Cobbold approach was the best way to go…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 17:40 - Jun 5 with 3189 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 17:21 - Jun 5 by hoppy

Not the first time the Cobbold approach was the best way to go…

Mine's a pint thanks.

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 18:24 - Jun 5 with 3061 viewshoppy

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 17:40 - Jun 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Mine's a pint thanks.

Of white wine?!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 18:31 - Jun 5 with 3038 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 18:24 - Jun 5 by hoppy

Of white wine?!

Red please.

Login to get fewer ads

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 18:47 - Jun 5 with 2966 viewsmonytowbray

It’s gonna happen, they only need to put cobble stones or a flower bed around it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 18:48 - Jun 5 with 2966 viewsmonytowbray

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 15:34 - Jun 5 by dominiciawful

No one “defended” it. Don’t be disingenuous. Easy upvote ratio win from flag shagger crowd though.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 18:49]

TWTD never forgets…

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 18:50 - Jun 5 with 2959 viewsmonytowbray

It is an incredible wall ride ledge. Say what you like about all other context but that’s a fact.

TWTD never forgets…

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 20:48 - Jun 5 with 2730 viewsdominiciawful

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 18:48 - Jun 5 by monytowbray

No one “defended” it. Don’t be disingenuous. Easy upvote ratio win from flag shagger crowd though.

I'm pretty sure some people did defend it. Or how about "excused"?

And I'm pretty sure I didn't post that just to get upvotes from flag shaggers. I think it was the view shared by most people, to be honest. The fact it was done on a prominent and new memorial with obviously no consideration shown was what angered me most. Lots of us contributed a little bit towards that statue. It's not as if people were skating up against some non-descript piece of concrete somewhere.

And being an anti-Unionist republican, I'm not overly bothered about going after flag shagger upvotes.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 21:07 - Jun 5 with 2670 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 18:50 - Jun 5 by monytowbray

It is an incredible wall ride ledge. Say what you like about all other context but that’s a fact.

Hey up here's Tony Hawk writing it off as 'kids being kids' again.

Except it probably wasn't kids, it was probably 20 something blokes who should understand what criminal damage is.

I'll await the usual 'hardly crime of the century' post, which is a standard response from the boarding/scooting fraternity.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 21:11 - Jun 5 with 2656 viewstextbackup

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 18:48 - Jun 5 by monytowbray

you're in a bad place right now arent ya pal.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 22:39 - Jun 5 with 2505 viewsSwansea_Blue

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 20:48 - Jun 5 by dominiciawful

I'm pretty sure some people did defend it. Or how about "excused"?

And I'm pretty sure I didn't post that just to get upvotes from flag shaggers. I think it was the view shared by most people, to be honest. The fact it was done on a prominent and new memorial with obviously no consideration shown was what angered me most. Lots of us contributed a little bit towards that statue. It's not as if people were skating up against some non-descript piece of concrete somewhere.

And being an anti-Unionist republican, I'm not overly bothered about going after flag shagger upvotes.

More like ‘explained’, if I remember rightly. Those who know skating pointed out it was inevitable and were surprised that it hadn’t been considered in the planning.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 22:47 - Jun 5 with 2475 viewsmonytowbray

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 22:39 - Jun 5 by Swansea_Blue

More like ‘explained’, if I remember rightly. Those who know skating pointed out it was inevitable and were surprised that it hadn’t been considered in the planning.

Exactly. Excused isn’t the word either. I’d say “rationally explained when grown men were talking about beating up kids and doxxing skaters with no evidence” fits.

Texters. I’m fine. My MH isn’t your business nor there to be joked about. I’ll leave it at that.

TWTD never forgets…

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 22:51 - Jun 5 with 2460 viewsmonytowbray

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 21:07 - Jun 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Except it probably wasn't kids, it was probably 20 something blokes who should understand what criminal damage is.

I'll await the usual 'hardly crime of the century' post, which is a standard response from the boarding/scooting fraternity.

Sorry Mr. Watches Blokes Kick a Ball Around At £30 a Pop.

TWTD never forgets…

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 23:40 - Jun 5 with 2388 viewsBlueBadger

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 21:11 - Jun 5 by textbackup

you're in a bad place right now arent ya pal.

Mate, you regularly got angry that people don't turn out for every single game, ever because people suggested that getting relegated limply didn't represent an improved match day experience and because Mick still breathes, if we're talking unhealthy mental attitudes.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 23:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 00:26 - Jun 6 with 2337 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 22:51 - Jun 5 by monytowbray

Sorry Mr. Watches Blokes Kick a Ball Around At £30 a Pop.

Maybe. But I'm not embarrassing myself dismissing the damaging of a statue that Town fans paid for, (again), am I? Which one of us is the c0ck?

....And your use of capitalisation is awful.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 0:58]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 04:14 - Jun 6 with 2228 viewsmonytowbray

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 00:26 - Jun 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Maybe. But I'm not embarrassing myself dismissing the damaging of a statue that Town fans paid for, (again), am I? Which one of us is the c0ck?

....And your use of capitalisation is awful.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 0:58]

1. Again, no one “dismissed” it. Go back and read the thread and stop making things up from pre-determined narratives in your own head. I’ve not dismissed it here either so where the “again” came from baffles me. Any evidence of this claim would be appreciated.

2. If you’ve had to resort to childish insults again you’ve failed.

3. I was referring to you as the name (Mr…) therefore one would capitalise letters.

4. Finally on the topic - what would be the appropriate action BTW? We don’t even know who did it so perhaps we should put a list up of everyone in Ipswich who owns a board and doxx them? Tweet their work and demand they’re sacked? Suggest physical violence direct or wished upon? This is what happened last time and if you think that’s the grown up response you should likely grow up. Or is it simply a matter of sticking cobble stones and/or a flower bed down?

TWTD never forgets…

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 06:25 - Jun 6 with 2152 viewstextbackup

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 22:47 - Jun 5 by monytowbray

Exactly. Excused isn’t the word either. I’d say “rationally explained when grown men were talking about beating up kids and doxxing skaters with no evidence” fits.

Texters. I’m fine. My MH isn’t your business nor there to be joked about. I’ll leave it at that.

yeah, sound full of the joys of spring

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 06:30 - Jun 6 with 2145 viewstextbackup

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 23:40 - Jun 5 by BlueBadger

Mate, you regularly got angry that people don't turn out for every single game, ever because people suggested that getting relegated limply didn't represent an improved match day experience and because Mick still breathes, if we're talking unhealthy mental attitudes.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 23:52]

regularly get angry, or take the piss out of you, two very different things.

you must be confusing me for someone else with the MM comment. fully understand the job he done here now, and have back tracked multi times.

and match day experience/relegated pathetically - yeah, defiantly got me mixed up

cute that you are sticking up for your mate though

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 09:33 - Jun 6 with 1879 viewsdirtyboy

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 21:07 - Jun 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

I don't want to defend those using this as a piece of equipment, but when it comes to the youth using such items, my thoughs are they're not hurting anyone and at least they have a hobby and not just hanging about causing mindless vandalism (this is not that).

I think the suggestion that some cobbles or rumble strips are the best solution, or just let it be, they're not jumping on his actual statue.

Beattie was a working class lad and I doubt people like that would hate on kids being kids using their environment to have fun.

There's probably some middle ground between all of our opinions.
Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 10:42 - Jun 6 with 1763 viewsmonytowbray

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 06:30 - Jun 6 by textbackup

regularly get angry, or take the piss out of you, two very different things.

you must be confusing me for someone else with the MM comment. fully understand the job he done here now, and have back tracked multi times.

and match day experience/relegated pathetically - yeah, defiantly got me mixed up

cute that you are sticking up for your mate though

LOL.

TWTD never forgets…

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 20:50 - Jun 6 with 1395 viewstextbackup

Beattie statue skated on again presumably? on 10:42 - Jun 6 by monytowbray

LOL.

Wheeeey someone’s perked up and raised a smile, thank Christ

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024