Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dominic Ball 10:29 - Jun 6 with 2839 viewsDyland

Any of the football geeks (or closet QPR fans) on here seen much of this lad? Sounds like a decent signing...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Dominic Ball on 10:42 - Jun 6 with 2764 viewsbringbacktheglory

My brother-in-law is a season ticket holder at QPR and he is gutted to lose him. Not the most technical but an absolute workhorse who makes others around him look better. He will not shy away from a battle and breaks up play, reading the game really well.
Ta (n/t) on 10:43 - Jun 6 with 2736 viewsDyland

Dominic Ball on 10:42 - Jun 6 by bringbacktheglory

My brother-in-law is a season ticket holder at QPR and he is gutted to lose him. Not the most technical but an absolute workhorse who makes others around him look better. He will not shy away from a battle and breaks up play, reading the game really well.

Dominic Ball on 10:53 - Jun 6 with 2692 viewsitfcjoe

I’ve nearly finished his book which is well worth a read

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dominic Ball on 10:54 - Jun 6 with 2682 viewsDyland

Dominic Ball on 10:53 - Jun 6 by itfcjoe

Come on, you're a total footy nerd, you must have seen him play ja?

Dominic Ball on 10:55 - Jun 6 with 2660 viewsFrimleyBlue

From what I can gather, he's a De Vos type of player but in midfield. No nonsense, gets stuck in and gives everything he can to help his team win.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Dominic Ball on 10:56 - Jun 6 with 2672 viewsDyland

Dominic Ball on 10:55 - Jun 6 by FrimleyBlue

From what I can gather, he's a De Vos type of player but in midfield. No nonsense, gets stuck in and gives everything he can to help his team win.

I'm looking for eye witness accounts Makers...

Dominic Ball on 11:02 - Jun 6 with 2644 viewsim_marcacus

Good grief. He’s exactly what we’ve been missing, his previous fans are gutted to lose him, he’s by all accounts an intelligent & lovely bloke, we got him to drop down 24 league places, he cost nothing, and he’s in the prime of his career…. Times really have changed somewhat, ain’t they 🥴
Dominic Ball on 11:07 - Jun 6 with 2614 viewsitfcjoe

Dominic Ball on 10:54 - Jun 6 by Dyland

Come on, you're a total footy nerd, you must have seen him play ja?

A couple of times as tended to watch them this year when on and Dozz played, very neat and tidy on the ball and disciplined position ally of it - sort of a Coke Skuse type as doesn’t leave his post

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Dominic Ball on 11:09 - Jun 6 with 2581 viewsDyland

Dominic Ball on 11:07 - Jun 6 by itfcjoe

A couple of times as tended to watch them this year when on and Dozz played, very neat and tidy on the ball and disciplined position ally of it - sort of a Coke Skuse type as doesn’t leave his post

Do you mean Cole Skuse, or a cross between Giles Coke and Skuse? :)

Dominic Ball on 11:24 - Jun 6 with 2477 viewschicoazul

Dominic Ball on 11:02 - Jun 6 by im_marcacus

Good grief. He’s exactly what we’ve been missing, his previous fans are gutted to lose him, he’s by all accounts an intelligent & lovely bloke, we got him to drop down 24 league places, he cost nothing, and he’s in the prime of his career…. Times really have changed somewhat, ain’t they 🥴

Remember when so many of us said the same thing about Chaplin Fridge Walton and Morsy?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dominic Ball on 11:38 - Jun 6 with 2445 viewsim_marcacus

Dominic Ball on 11:24 - Jun 6 by chicoazul

Remember when so many of us said the same thing about Chaplin Fridge Walton and Morsy?

Cost nothing, fans gutted to lose him.. a year on and still pulling off the same trick after not even reaching the play offs. Ashton must have had a boner all week after this one was done.
Dominic Ball on 12:04 - Jun 6 with 2296 viewsBlueBadger

Dominic Ball on 11:24 - Jun 6 by chicoazul

Four of our key players, you mean?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dominic Ball on 12:26 - Jun 6 with 2198 viewsOsborneOneNil

Dominic Ball on 10:53 - Jun 6 by itfcjoe

Just starting that now, Joe.

I heard him on TalkSport the other week chatting about it. He also expected a Championship side to come in for him. Which, by all accounts, they did but he came here.

Nice.
Dominic Ball on 14:32 - Jun 6 with 1916 viewsHighgateBlue

Dominic Ball on 11:02 - Jun 6 by im_marcacus

True, and there's much to be excited about. (my QPR fan neighbour says similar things to all this - "shame to lose him...")

But the most Ipswich thing would be for us just to get better and better, and then finish 11th anyway...
Dominic Ball on 14:50 - Jun 6 with 1835 viewsBiGDonnie

Dominic Ball on 10:56 - Jun 6 by Dyland

I'm looking for eye witness accounts Makers...

Frimmers saw him on sky once last season

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Dominic Ball on 14:56 - Jun 6 with 1793 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dominic Ball on 14:50 - Jun 6 by BiGDonnie

Frimmers saw him on sky once last season

Probably more than once actually Donnie with the amount of times they were on sky, but having said that, I can't say I took much notice of him tbh hence no direct opinion about him as a player other than what I said in my original reply.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Dominic Ball on 16:15 - Jun 6 with 1663 viewsArnieM

Every team needs that battling unsung hero that does the dirty stuff . He appears to tick all those boxes … breaks play up , re cycles the ball asap and in most effective outlet .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dominic Ball on 16:27 - Jun 6 with 1626 viewsMullet

Only remember him at Rotherham which isn't fair to judge as he didn't stand out beyond being tough and physical.

Reports on his progress since are positive though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dominic Ball on 19:04 - Jun 7 with 1196 viewsVeggie

I must say he sounds exactly the kind of player we need. A tough, aggressive holding midfielder who tries 100% all of the time. We need a bit of strength and determination to win the ball and drive us on. The question is, will he play instead of Lee Evans with Morsy ahead of him? Maybe KMc will switch to 2 CBs instead of 3 to accommodate all 3.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2022 19:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024