Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jubilee highlights 11:17 - Jun 6 with 1439 viewsblueasfook

Paddington Bear stole the show for me.

Also, pleased to not to have to see His Royal Nonce hanging about like a bad smell.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 11:18]

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Jubilee highlights on 11:48 - Jun 6 with 1363 viewsJ2BLUE

I saw people raving about the Paddington thing. I thought it was good but was expecting more based on the reaction.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jubilee highlights on 11:49 - Jun 6 with 1373 viewsblueasfook

Jubilee highlights on 11:48 - Jun 6 by J2BLUE

I saw people raving about the Paddington thing. I thought it was good but was expecting more based on the reaction.

What more would you want? Paddington's acting was impeccable. I wouldn't be suprised if he gets a Hollywood deal off the back of his performance.

TWTD Veteran

Jubilee highlights on 11:52 - Jun 6 with 1354 viewsFixed_It

Jubilee highlights on 11:48 - Jun 6 by J2BLUE

Well if you expected Liz and Padders to break into a song and dance routine I can understand your disappointment. But maybe your expectations were a tad unrealistic.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Jubilee highlights on 11:53 - Jun 6 with 1342 viewsblueasfook

Jubilee highlights on 11:52 - Jun 6 by Fixed_It

Well if you expected Liz and Padders to break into a song and dance routine I can understand your disappointment. But maybe your expectations were a tad unrealistic.

When he swigged out of the teapot, I was laughing my ass off

TWTD Veteran

Jubilee highlights on 11:57 - Jun 6 with 1326 viewsJ2BLUE

Jubilee highlights on 11:52 - Jun 6 by Fixed_It

My expectations were based on the reaction. Sorry you disapprove.

Truly impaired.

Jubilee highlights on 12:00 - Jun 6 with 1317 viewsblueasfook

Jubilee highlights on 11:57 - Jun 6 by J2BLUE

I hope Paddington doesnt read TWTD. You'll break his little heart.

TWTD Veteran

Jubilee highlights on 12:30 - Jun 6 with 1237 viewsRyorry

Jubilee highlights on 11:53 - Jun 6 by blueasfook

When he swigged out of the teapot, I was laughing my ass off

And then poured the remaining drops into the Queen's cup, tea hee!

Staying with comedy, particularly enjoyed Stephen Fry's crediting her with all the unseen work she does, incl "Prime Ministers tolerated" 😂

The 7 0 in the flypast was amazing, I'm guessing v. tricky to maintain. Prior risk assessment must have been a 'mare ...

The 'Wedding Party' (Bollywood) group in the pageant yesterday - visually stunning + great feelgood factor.

All of the music, from the grand organ & hymns in St Pauls to the rock belted out at Party in the Park.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Jubilee highlights on 12:40 - Jun 6 with 1206 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Jubilee highlights on 11:57 - Jun 6 by J2BLUE

But then your expectations also clouded your own reaction, whereas those who saw it "live" were surprised by it and reacted spontaneously.

I had read that it was "even better than the 2012 James Bond thing" before watching it on the BBC website. The 2012 James Bond sketch was so unexpected, and was a brilliant addition to what was a fantastic opening ceremony that I had expected to be a bit sht. Watching it having been told it was great would have killed that sense of surprise.

So I watched the Paddington thing and thought "It's OK, pretty good, she's a game old thing, isn't she?" But had I sat through all the surrounding concert then I can see that the element of surprise would have been very striking.
Login to get fewer ads

Jubilee highlights on 12:42 - Jun 6 with 1188 viewsJ2BLUE

Jubilee highlights on 12:40 - Jun 6 by ArnoldMoorhen

But then your expectations also clouded your own reaction, whereas those who saw it "live" were surprised by it and reacted spontaneously.

I had read that it was "even better than the 2012 James Bond thing" before watching it on the BBC website. The 2012 James Bond sketch was so unexpected, and was a brilliant addition to what was a fantastic opening ceremony that I had expected to be a bit sht. Watching it having been told it was great would have killed that sense of surprise.

So I watched the Paddington thing and thought "It's OK, pretty good, she's a game old thing, isn't she?" But had I sat through all the surrounding concert then I can see that the element of surprise would have been very striking.

Didn't expect this level of analysis but yes, fair points!

Truly impaired.

Jubilee highlights on 12:51 - Jun 6 with 1159 viewsMattinLondon

I was interested in the social history of the monarchy at the time of her accession to the throne. That 75% of people polled then thought that the royal family (in particular the Queen) was descended directly from God. And that tens of thousands of people descended onto the palace during on summer in the 50s to wish her a safe trip to wherever she was going on hols.

Found the historical aspect of the Jubilee quite interesting. Found contrasting the popularity of the Queen and Royal Family then, to now quite fascinating.
Jubilee highlights on 13:09 - Jun 6 with 1105 viewsblueasfook

Jubilee highlights on 12:51 - Jun 6 by MattinLondon

I was interested in the social history of the monarchy at the time of her accession to the throne. That 75% of people polled then thought that the royal family (in particular the Queen) was descended directly from God. And that tens of thousands of people descended onto the palace during on summer in the 50s to wish her a safe trip to wherever she was going on hols.

Found the historical aspect of the Jubilee quite interesting. Found contrasting the popularity of the Queen and Royal Family then, to now quite fascinating.

I just liked the Paddington bit. The rest of the flag waving nonsense didnt really appeal to me.

Paddington for King!

TWTD Veteran

Jubilee highlights on 13:10 - Jun 6 with 1100 viewsblueasfook

Paddington for the next Bond wouldn't be a bad shout.

Q could make him an explosive marmalade sandwich.

TWTD Veteran

Jubilee highlights on 13:12 - Jun 6 with 1091 viewsChrisd

I only caught bits and pieces over the weekend, but Saturday night's display I thought was wonderful. The atmosphere, energy and the numbers there lining The Mall reminded me of scenes from the London Olympics in 2012, it made me proud to be British.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Jubilee highlights on 13:19 - Jun 6 with 1060 viewshomer_123

Haven't googled it yet....was she game or was it deep fake video?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 13:25]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jubilee highlights on 13:27 - Jun 6 with 1036 viewsRyorry

Good analysis.

Funniest bit for me was the doorstopper size sarnie produced from the handbag, when obviously the entire expectation was of something "dainty"!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Jubilee highlights on 13:45 - Jun 6 with 979 viewshomer_123

Jubilee highlights on 13:09 - Jun 6 by blueasfook

I just liked the Paddington bit. The rest of the flag waving nonsense didnt really appeal to me.

Paddington for King!

Surely Paddington for PM?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jubilee highlights on 13:54 - Jun 6 with 960 viewsPendejo

HRN too busy being top of the pop charts...

Paddington skit was brilliant, no-one should be surprised at how well the Queen acts, she's had to act being polite and friendly to numerous ice holes throughout her life

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Jubilee highlights on 13:58 - Jun 6 with 947 viewsblueasfook

Jubilee highlights on 13:54 - Jun 6 by Pendejo

HRN too busy being top of the pop charts...

Paddington skit was brilliant, no-one should be surprised at how well the Queen acts, she's had to act being polite and friendly to numerous ice holes throughout her life

How timely he got "Covid" just before the jubilee weekend.

I reckon he had a sulk becuase he couldnt be front and centre so declared he wasnt going. Probably sulked in his room all weekend with his teddy bears.

TWTD Veteran

Jubilee highlights on 15:17 - Jun 6 with 850 viewsBluespeed225

Jubilee highlights on 13:10 - Jun 6 by blueasfook

Paddington for the next Bond wouldn't be a bad shout.

Q could make him an explosive marmalade sandwich.

Could Ben Wischaw claim double bubble, bit like matey in The Krays?
Jubilee highlights on 15:23 - Jun 6 with 839 viewsEly_Blue

I hear that Paddington is currently in a detention centre awaiting his flight to Rwanda

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Jubilee highlights on 16:09 - Jun 6 with 761 viewsblueasfook

Jubilee highlights on 15:23 - Jun 6 by Ely_Blue

I hear that Paddington is currently in a detention centre awaiting his flight to Rwanda

Well he is from deepest, darkest Peru. His own fault for overstaying his visa.

TWTD Veteran

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024