Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tiverton electorate 21:07 - Jun 6 with 1507 viewsXYZ

The ball's in your court ...
Tiverton electorate on 22:20 - Jun 6 with 1444 viewsOldsmoker

The Tiv posse will see the spin and realise that BJ hasn't accepted he's had a good kicking tonight.
Maybe they'll decide to give him a real good kicking this time just to make the Tories realise that there are no safe seats left.
Johnson will spin the defeat (again) but it's his partys take on things that matters, not him.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Tiverton electorate on 22:29 - Jun 6 with 1416 viewsXYZ

Tiverton electorate on 22:20 - Jun 6 by Oldsmoker

The Tiv posse will see the spin and realise that BJ hasn't accepted he's had a good kicking tonight.
Maybe they'll decide to give him a real good kicking this time just to make the Tories realise that there are no safe seats left.
Johnson will spin the defeat (again) but it's his partys take on things that matters, not him.

Lib Dems heavily odds-on on a mature Betfair market - if you fancy the tories chances you can get over 4/1.

Johnson's chosen the one-limb-at-a-time way to die.

All he's doing is benefiting Labour (& "anyone but the tories") in a vain attempt to cling on.

It'd be amusing if it wasn't so damaging to the country and there being so many people suffering real day-to-day living difficulties/ impossibilities.
Tiverton electorate on 22:30 - Jun 6 with 1411 viewsBigCommon

What defeat?. .Out of interest?.. I thought he won a vote of confidence?.. Not a landslide, but a win is a win... Not looking for an argument, just not clear on the defeat you mention...
Tiverton electorate on 22:33 - Jun 6 with 1398 viewsgtsb1966

Tiverton electorate on 22:30 - Jun 6 by BigCommon

What defeat?. .Out of interest?.. I thought he won a vote of confidence?.. Not a landslide, but a win is a win... Not looking for an argument, just not clear on the defeat you mention...

The Tiverton by election defeat..... hopefully
Tiverton electorate on 22:37 - Jun 6 with 1396 viewsXYZ

The impending (i.e. predicted by him) defeat at the Tiverton by-election.

"A win is a win" - check out Jacob Mogg's changing definition of what a "win" is in a tory leader's vote of confidence.
Tiverton electorate on 23:00 - Jun 6 with 1364 viewsHARRY10

this has much in common with the Major government, try to cling on with your fingernails screeching down the blackboard - then two years later get heaved out with the biggest landslide sine the Tories were booted out couple of months after WW2.

He commands just a third of the house. His USP, people believed his lies, is gone,

What will he have to concede to keep the 148 from kicking him out ?

If, as Mad Nad claims, they are all remainers where does that leave him ?

Anyone playing chess will know when it is your king v a king and a rook the game is up.

The walrus will not be forgiven the harm he is doing, and has done
Tiverton electorate on 23:15 - Jun 6 with 1348 viewsOldsmoker

Didn't say BJ was defeated did I?
Just said he had a good kicking tonight.
If it was a UFC fight, BJ would be saying 'He never touched me' even though the bruises and blood suggest otherwise.

Edit: And the defeat (again) was not about tonight it was about the LibDem crushing defeat in the Shropshire by-election which Boris spun to be 'no big thing'.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 23:20]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Tiverton electorate on 04:46 - Jun 7 with 1267 viewsBigCommon

Tiverton electorate on 23:15 - Jun 6 by Oldsmoker

Didn't say BJ was defeated did I?
Just said he had a good kicking tonight.
If it was a UFC fight, BJ would be saying 'He never touched me' even though the bruises and blood suggest otherwise.

Edit: And the defeat (again) was not about tonight it was about the LibDem crushing defeat in the Shropshire by-election which Boris spun to be 'no big thing'.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 23:20]

Apologies, I misread your OP....
Login to get fewer ads

Tiverton electorate on 09:35 - Jun 7 with 1148 viewsGuthrum

The loss of the Tiverton-Honiton and Wakefield seats, should that happen, will be spun as a victory by Johnson loyalists. After all, they are by-elections, thus only protest votes, "proving" that the Conservatives would win in a General Election both there and elsewhere.

At least, that seems to be the argument Raab was putting forward this morning.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tiverton electorate on 10:15 - Jun 7 with 1093 viewsmylittletown

Tiverton electorate on 23:00 - Jun 6 by HARRY10

this has much in common with the Major government, try to cling on with your fingernails screeching down the blackboard - then two years later get heaved out with the biggest landslide sine the Tories were booted out couple of months after WW2.

He commands just a third of the house. His USP, people believed his lies, is gone,

What will he have to concede to keep the 148 from kicking him out ?

If, as Mad Nad claims, they are all remainers where does that leave him ?

Anyone playing chess will know when it is your king v a king and a rook the game is up.

The walrus will not be forgiven the harm he is doing, and has done

The thing it doesn't have in common is that Major had a cabinet which included some pretty serious players, such as Heseltine, Ken Clarke, Hurd, Rifkind, Waldegrave, Bottomley, even Portillo, .

Johnson's cabinet are a load of dishonest no-marks.
Tiverton electorate on 10:18 - Jun 7 with 1088 viewsIpswichKnight

Tiverton electorate on 09:35 - Jun 7 by Guthrum

The loss of the Tiverton-Honiton and Wakefield seats, should that happen, will be spun as a victory by Johnson loyalists. After all, they are by-elections, thus only protest votes, "proving" that the Conservatives would win in a General Election both there and elsewhere.

At least, that seems to be the argument Raab was putting forward this morning.

The end game is in play, the big dog will get two kickings in the by-election and then a third kicking from the standards committee. After those there will be a queue around Westminster of Tory MPs demanding a change of the confidence rules ( which the 1922 committee can change as they see fit ). He will not win a 2nd confidence motion.
Tiverton electorate on 20:31 - Jun 7 with 903 viewsHARRY10

Tiverton electorate on 10:18 - Jun 7 by IpswichKnight

The end game is in play, the big dog will get two kickings in the by-election and then a third kicking from the standards committee. After those there will be a queue around Westminster of Tory MPs demanding a change of the confidence rules ( which the 1922 committee can change as they see fit ). He will not win a 2nd confidence motion.

or simply that half of those (Tory MPs)who want him out abstain from supporting any Bill he brings to the house

something that is being reported has already got under

tick tock
Tiverton electorate on 20:58 - Jun 7 with 882 viewsportitfcman

2019 General Election result.

Tiverton Electorate - 82,953

Conservative majority - 24,239

Labour & Liberal shared the defeat almost equally.

Even after yesterday’s slapped wrist, it’ll stay blue.
Tiverton electorate on 21:12 - Jun 7 with 863 viewsportitfcman

Tiverton electorate on 20:58 - Jun 7 by portitfcman

2019 General Election result.

Tiverton Electorate - 82,953

Conservative majority - 24,239

Labour & Liberal shared the defeat almost equally.

Even after yesterday’s slapped wrist, it’ll stay blue.

Labour AND LibDem total vote share = 34%

Conservatives? Over 60%

Boris could kick a corgis and still win comfortably!
Tiverton electorate on 21:49 - Jun 7 with 830 viewsClapham_Junction

Tiverton electorate on 21:12 - Jun 7 by portitfcman

Conservatives? Over 60%

North Shropshire general election 2019:
- Conservatives: 63%
- Labour & Lib Dems: 32%

North Shropshire by-election 2021:
- Lib Dems: 47%
- Conservatives: 32%
Tiverton electorate on 21:53 - Jun 7 with 802 viewsHARRY10

Tiverton electorate on 21:12 - Jun 7 by portitfcman

Conservatives? Over 60%

are you a brexiteer, by any chance ?

you don't sound too bright

perhaps you could look at the huge majority the Tories had in

N. Shropshire 63%
Amersham 55%

and both lost

local elections, nearly 500 council seats lost

Johnson is now at -45 popularity, and only 28% thought (yesterday) that MPs should vote to keep him as PM

I would put your money on Gary Glitter* being given a knighthood in the next honours list over the Tories winning in either by election

* though if Johnson has any say in it, Mr Gadd only needs to offer a few thousand roubles, and profess undying support for Putin and it'll be Sir Glitter before you know where you are
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024