Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental 22:18 - Jun 6 with 3009 viewsDubtractor

Firstly because he actually got a higher vote share vs Jeremy Hunt, but secondly because there was literally no opposition for this vote.

Do they genuinely think that their own MPs, not to mention the media and public, are that stupid?!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:20 - Jun 6 with 2086 viewsXYZ

"Do they genuinely think that their own MPs, not to mention the media and public, are that stupid?!"

Yes, they do.

The BBC didn't pull them up on it - did anyone else?

Are they wrong?
This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:22 - Jun 6 with 2069 viewsJ2BLUE

Politics is an absolute cesspit isn't it?

Before the vote an assortment of polished turds in suits were interviewed and lied through their teeth. Now this. Just once I would like to see a journalist refuse to move on and keep repeating facts until their 'guest' admits they are lying or walks out. It's all too easy to just lie. Never any consequences.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2022 10:39]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:22 - Jun 6 with 2065 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some of the public have proven they’re stupid enough to lap up their lies and deception, so yep they think it will still work.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:24 - Jun 6 with 2054 viewsOldsmoker

Did you mention 'Spinning'? No? But you wanted to didn't you?

Any excuse

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:25 - Jun 6 with 2045 viewseireblue

Not all, just enough.
This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:35 - Jun 6 with 2020 viewslowhouseblue

boris is finished.

but, actually, in the final round of mp voting when he was elected leader (so the last time tory mps voted) he got 160 votes out of 313. so 51%

this evening he got 59% of the votes of tory mps.

so, comparing the 2 most recent times tory mps have voted he has increased his share. that bits not a lie. but, you are right of course that this time no one was standing against him.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:39 - Jun 6 with 1992 viewsXYZ

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:35 - Jun 6 by lowhouseblue

boris is finished.

but, actually, in the final round of mp voting when he was elected leader (so the last time tory mps voted) he got 160 votes out of 313. so 51%

so, comparing the 2 most recent times tory mps have voted he has increased his share. that bits not a lie. but, you are right of course that this time no one was standing against him.

wtf?

Are you that stupid? Or that biased?
This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:39 - Jun 6 with 1982 viewslowhouseblue

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:39 - Jun 6 by XYZ

wtf?

which bit didn't you understand??

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:40 - Jun 6 with 1977 viewsJ2BLUE

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:39 - Jun 6 by XYZ

wtf?

He's not defending it. Just making a point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:43 - Jun 6 with 1959 viewsXYZ

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:39 - Jun 6 by lowhouseblue

which bit didn't you understand??

Comparing a leadership election where there is an opponent to a VOC is simply politically incoherent.

Apples and Beachfront properties for rent.

I thought you were more intelligent tbh. I can only conclude that you've signed up to the "let's deceive them as we've got nothing else"
This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:44 - Jun 6 with 1952 viewsDubtractor

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:35 - Jun 6 by lowhouseblue

boris is finished.

Aha, I was obviously looking at the members vote.

As you agree though, its a pretty meaningless comparison with today's vote.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:45 - Jun 6 with 1937 viewsDubtractor

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:43 - Jun 6 by XYZ

Comparing a leadership election where there is an opponent to a VOC is simply politically incoherent.

Apples and Beachfront properties for rent.

I thought you were more intelligent tbh. I can only conclude that you've signed up to the "let's deceive them as we've got nothing else"

Tbf to Lowers, he was only making that comparison because I did in my OP.

Play the ball not the man etc!

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:45 - Jun 6 with 1927 viewsXYZ

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:40 - Jun 6 by J2BLUE

He's not defending it. Just making a point.

Read the OP. That's the point being made.

Then ask yourself what Lowhouse is up to.
This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:45 - Jun 6 with 1924 viewspointofblue

boris is finished.

It's almost lying through omission. Yes, he claimed more of the vote tonight but he had no opposition tonight. A vote against him was a vote for uncertainty, infighting and questioning... and yet 41% of Conservative MPs still decided that was the better option.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:46 - Jun 6 with 1924 viewsStokieBlue

Abuse of statistics upsets me.

Small scandal emerging in that senior Tories told junior Tories that there definitely wouldn't be a vote today - a total lie.

They are saying he will be gone in 3 months - the junior MPs have turned.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:48 - Jun 6 with 1902 viewslowhouseblue

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:44 - Jun 6 by Dubtractor

Aha, I was obviously looking at the members vote.

As you agree though, its a pretty meaningless comparison with today's vote.

it's a silly comparison because the two situations are very different. but, looking at the 2 most recent votes of tory mps, a higher % voted for boris this time than last time. so what his supporters are saying isn't factually incorrect - just very incomplete.

but prime ministers don't survive for long with even 41% of their mps voting against them

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:48 - Jun 6 with 1908 viewsNthQldITFC

We all know people who will spout absolutely any complete and utter bolllocks they can think of to avoid admitting the truth. That our country is run by such pathetic little men is a disgrace, but I suppose it has always been so to some extent, and probably will be until we've cooked ourselves, which won't be long. It's just that this particular turd smells so much worse than anything we've had before in this country.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:50 - Jun 6 with 1897 viewsXYZ

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:45 - Jun 6 by Dubtractor

Tbf to Lowers, he was only making that comparison because I did in my OP.

Play the ball not the man etc!

Your original point was spot on.

Claiming that 59% in a VOC is an improvement on 51% in a contested leadership election is simple political deception.

It's nonsense aimed at the hard of thinking.

He's more intelligent than that and therefore one can only conclude there's other motives.
This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:58 - Jun 6 with 1867 viewsXYZ

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:50 - Jun 6 by XYZ

Your original point was spot on.

Claiming that 59% in a VOC is an improvement on 51% in a contested leadership election is simple political deception.

It's nonsense aimed at the hard of thinking.

He's more intelligent than that and therefore one can only conclude there's other motives.

Love the downvote in the absence of a direct reply.

Classy.
This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 23:02 - Jun 6 with 1853 viewsCaptainAhab

Boris and his cohorts have basically taken the old adage "you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time" and decided that sounds like too much hard work. They've realised all they need to do is fool some of the people some of the time. They know the vast majority see through the bullsh*t, but they really don't care.
This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 23:10 - Jun 6 with 1827 viewsOldsmoker

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 23:02 - Jun 6 by CaptainAhab

Boris and his cohorts have basically taken the old adage "you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time" and decided that sounds like too much hard work. They've realised all they need to do is fool some of the people some of the time. They know the vast majority see through the bullsh*t, but they really don't care.

I've always preferred the 'kick in the nuts or a punch in the face' option.
You don't really want either do you?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 08:28 - Jun 7 with 1525 viewsGuthrum

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 22:48 - Jun 6 by lowhouseblue

it's a silly comparison because the two situations are very different. but, looking at the 2 most recent votes of tory mps, a higher % voted for boris this time than last time. so what his supporters are saying isn't factually incorrect - just very incomplete.

but prime ministers don't survive for long with even 41% of their mps voting against them

Tho it comes down to mechanisms again. If he refuses to resign, there is no way to force him out short of the Opposition tabling a VONC in the Government as a whole in the Commons. Which even Conservative rebels would be unlikely to support, on party lines.

Otherwise, they have to wait a year for another leadership challenge.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 08:57 - Jun 7 with 1464 viewsPinewoodblue

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 08:28 - Jun 7 by Guthrum

Tho it comes down to mechanisms again. If he refuses to resign, there is no way to force him out short of the Opposition tabling a VONC in the Government as a whole in the Commons. Which even Conservative rebels would be unlikely to support, on party lines.

They will change the rules..it is what politicians of every persuasion do.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 08:59 - Jun 7 with 1459 viewsKeno

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 08:28 - Jun 7 by Guthrum

or change the rules?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 09:09 - Jun 7 with 1434 viewsvilanovablue

This 'improved vote share' argument they are using is mental on 08:59 - Jun 7 by Keno

or change the rules?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/07/rebels-warn-boris-johnson-rules

Worth remembering they threatened May with this who was technically in a stronger position and she was gone within a matter of months.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024