Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory 09:39 - Jun 7 with 3451 viewsPhilTWTD

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/youre-alerting-potenti
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 09:43 - Jun 7 with 3341 viewsdavblue

Didn't we get some small compo from Norwich as part of that fiasco.
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 09:46 - Jun 7 with 3281 viewsFrimleyBlue

So, don't be to happy with our 2 signings just yet then

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 10:17 - Jun 7 with 3105 viewsPhilTWTD

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 09:43 - Jun 7 by davblue

Didn't we get some small compo from Norwich as part of that fiasco.

Yes, they had to pay us about £100,000 if I remember rightly, so not quite as clear-cut a situation as he suggests.
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 10:24 - Jun 7 with 3039 viewsSheffordBlue

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 09:46 - Jun 7 by FrimleyBlue

So, don't be to happy with our 2 signings just yet then

Free Agents are a slightly different situation aren't they? They've effectively now become Ipswich employees on contracted terms. The fact they won't be eligible to play football for us until registered is a separate matter. I guess they could break that contract in the same way that a player currently under contract can effectively push for a move away.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:01 - Jun 7 with 2841 viewsDyland

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 10:17 - Jun 7 by PhilTWTD

Yes, they had to pay us about £100,000 if I remember rightly, so not quite as clear-cut a situation as he suggests.

Was Mr Cullen working for Nodge at the time?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:13 - Jun 7 with 2748 viewsPhilTWTD

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:01 - Jun 7 by Dyland

Was Mr Cullen working for Nodge at the time?

Not at the time as far as I can see.
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:21 - Jun 7 with 2710 viewsDyland

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:13 - Jun 7 by PhilTWTD

Not at the time as far as I can see.

Just some digs at Town's current business maybe. Or probs overthinking that.

There's seems to be a weird spat developing between our clubs. Football rivalries can be odd eh. Pompey John won't stop staying in Suffolk on his summer hols mind! Lovely bloke tbf.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:26 - Jun 7 with 2676 viewstextbackup

So are we saying MA has ballsed up here? Or hugely confident the two lads are in the building and no chance of head being turned?

FWIW I think they both sound massively happy to be here, and won’t go anywhere

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:36 - Jun 7 with 2630 viewsSouperJim

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:26 - Jun 7 by textbackup

So are we saying MA has ballsed up here? Or hugely confident the two lads are in the building and no chance of head being turned?

Both are essentially free agents who have signed contracts with us which begin once their current deals expire, so the potential risk of them going elsewhere as mentioned in the article doesn't apply.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:50 - Jun 7 with 2545 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:26 - Jun 7 by textbackup

dif situation as ours are free agents and I'm sure MA will have thought it through, cant see him announcing if wasn't 100%

Its quite normal, lots of clubs do it, evans just left everything last min so we are not used to it
[Post edited 7 Jun 2022 11:51]
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 12:23 - Jun 7 with 2373 viewsitfcjoe

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:36 - Jun 7 by SouperJim

Both are essentially free agents who have signed contracts with us which begin once their current deals expire, so the potential risk of them going elsewhere as mentioned in the article doesn't apply.

That's no different to what Crook did

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 12:28 - Jun 7 with 2354 viewsNthQldITFC

I can't remember Ian Crook, was he any good? What position did he play? I've got a feeling he might be one of their 'legends' from the Dortmund game they won, but I can't even remember who he was!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 12:35 - Jun 7 with 2316 viewsIllinoisblue

Sounds the sort of bloke who would look both ways before crossing the road. Then look again. And again one more time just to be sure.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 12:38 - Jun 7 with 2300 viewsSouperJim

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 12:23 - Jun 7 by itfcjoe

That's no different to what Crook did

In 1996... I'm fairly confident we've got a grip on the legalities of this stuff these days.

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 12:42 - Jun 7 with 2273 viewsSmithersJones

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 12:38 - Jun 7 by SouperJim

In 1996... I'm fairly confident we've got a grip on the legalities of this stuff these days.

Even if everything is properly registered, if the player changes his mind or gets a better offer there's a limit to what you can do to hold him. Didi Hamann signed for Bolton then left for Man City without playing a game. Bolton got a transfer fee but concluded there was no point holding a player against his will.
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 13:18 - Jun 7 with 2091 viewsSteve_M

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 12:28 - Jun 7 by NthQldITFC

I can't remember Ian Crook, was he any good? What position did he play? I've got a feeling he might be one of their 'legends' from the Dortmund game they won, but I can't even remember who he was!

Good passer of the ball but don't think he was ever very mobile. Don't think we really missed out on a great deal there as he didn't do a lot for Nodge in his last few years there (in contrast to a few years before when he was pretty good).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 13:25 - Jun 7 with 2046 viewsitfc_bucks

Nice to see we're still rent free in the collective memory, at Fratton Park.

#obsessed
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 13:28 - Jun 7 with 2026 viewsSTYG

The fact that thousands of transfers take place each year and he's dragging one up from a quarter of a century ago makes a mockery of his own warnings really.

In my book, if a player did that to my club then good riddance. They obviously didn't want to be here or were willing to stand by their word, so let them go elsewhere. Felt the same about Hassan Kachloul back in the day.
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 14:18 - Jun 7 with 1839 viewsSouperJim

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 13:28 - Jun 7 by STYG

The fact that thousands of transfers take place each year and he's dragging one up from a quarter of a century ago makes a mockery of his own warnings really.

In my book, if a player did that to my club then good riddance. They obviously didn't want to be here or were willing to stand by their word, so let them go elsewhere. Felt the same about Hassan Kachloul back in the day.

Well quite, one occurance in the past 26 years hardly seems a robust reason for caution.

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 16:04 - Jun 7 with 1608 viewsPhilTWTD

Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 11:50 - Jun 7 by abracaDOBRA_

dif situation as ours are free agents and I'm sure MA will have thought it through, cant see him announcing if wasn't 100%

Its quite normal, lots of clubs do it, evans just left everything last min so we are not used to it
[Post edited 7 Jun 2022 11:51]

Crook was a free agent at the time as well. Norwich released him, then Mike Walker returned as manager and decided he'd like him back.
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 16:04 - Jun 7 with 1602 viewsPhilTWTD

We had a grip on the legalities then, hence Norwich were ordered to pay us compensation.
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 16:08 - Jun 7 with 1587 viewsrgp1

Didn't pompey accuse us of Sh1thousery over a potential signing last summer?
Pompey CEO Norwich fan with long memory on 05:58 - Jun 8 with 1207 viewsVeggie

Not at all bitter then. What a whopper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024