Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ndaba for Left Wing back 11:14 - Jun 7 with 1349 viewsmarkchips

Given the number of players tried there last year without success and the obvious need for a permanent placement it seems strange there have been no murmurs of activity in the transfer market to recruit for this position.

I expect the schoolteacher wants to take a good look at Ndaba before committing funds. I see Penney more as a left sided midfielder , not a defender. He is too poor defensively so will stay as back up I expect, although his crossing is reasonable.

Ndaba for Left Wing back on 11:27 - Jun 7 with 1291 viewsSheffordBlue

I'm not sure we can draw too much from the lack of transfer rumours on this position. Ashton has continued to keep things quite well locked down. I think we're far more likely to spend quite a bit of the budget on this position than use Ndaba there.

The in-house solution is more likely to be Humphrey's who has apparently trained with the first team in that position.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Ndaba for Left Wing back on 11:30 - Jun 7 with 1280 viewsBiGDonnie

School teacher?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Ndaba for Left Wing back on 11:34 - Jun 7 with 1263 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why do we need to try to label McKenna with some lazy nick name coined by the ill informed tabloids?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ndaba for Left Wing back on 11:34 - Jun 7 with 1263 viewsitfcsuth

I think Penney is a perfectly good understudy, and would have no problem with him coming in to the side as a when required - I actually think he had quite a strong end to the season.

I'm not the solution is a CB who has never played as a LWB, especially not at this level.

We will recruit in that area I am sure.

I'm not sure why we are calling KM a school teacher, if we are going for nicknames, let's go for an accurate one - 'one of the best and brightest young coaches across Europe'.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2022 11:36]
Ndaba for Left Wing back on 16:52 - Jun 7 with 814 viewsmarkchips

Ndaba for Left Wing back on 11:27 - Jun 7 by SheffordBlue

I'm not sure we can draw too much from the lack of transfer rumours on this position. Ashton has continued to keep things quite well locked down. I think we're far more likely to spend quite a bit of the budget on this position than use Ndaba there.

The in-house solution is more likely to be Humphrey's who has apparently trained with the first team in that position.

Humphries at left back sound an interesting call. Got a feeling O'Dowda will be high on the list especially if Celina coming back is a realistic possibility within budget.
Ndaba for Left Wing back on 17:08 - Jun 7 with 782 viewsDeano69

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Ndaba for Left Wing back on 17:55 - Jun 7 with 676 viewsArnoldMoorhen

You're getting slammed for this, but he was Player of the Year for his loan team playing slightly less than half his games at LB.

If a very attacking (ie can't tackle well) left sided Number 10 is brought in (say, Celina) then we may continue to see a slight asymmetry to our attack, and a more defensive LB/LWB.
Ndaba for Left Wing back on 18:28 - Jun 7 with 627 viewsLeoMuff

Ndaba for Left Wing back on 16:52 - Jun 7 by markchips

Humphries at left back sound an interesting call. Got a feeling O'Dowda will be high on the list especially if Celina coming back is a realistic possibility within budget.

Would be very good, but attracting significant championship interest apparently..

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Ndaba for Left Wing back on 18:34 - Jun 7 with 609 viewsVeggie

Erm. The transfer window doesn’t open until 10th June.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024