Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… 14:43 - Jun 7 with 2013 viewsMattinLondon

…and then get arrested for stupidly doing a Nazi salute. Utter stupidity, but they’ll probably think it was just bantz and that they didn’t do anything wrong.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61719764
Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 14:45 - Jun 7 with 1966 viewsunbelievablue

Saw plenty of it in Dortmund a few years ago. To the old bill's credit it was policed extremely patiently, very unlike what we saw in Paris.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2022 14:45]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 14:47 - Jun 7 with 1937 viewsBlueBadger

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 14:45 - Jun 7 by unbelievablue

Saw plenty of it in Dortmund a few years ago. To the old bill's credit it was policed extremely patiently, very unlike what we saw in Paris.

In all fairness, chucking about the old seig heil probably means you deserve 'Paris treatment', mind.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 14:50 - Jun 7 with 1909 viewsMattinLondon

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 14:45 - Jun 7 by unbelievablue

I just don’t get the mentality of going to another country and being deliberately offensive. And I know it’s not just [some] English fans that do it but that doesn’t make it less wrong.
Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 14:55 - Jun 7 with 1858 viewsunbelievablue

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 14:50 - Jun 7 by MattinLondon

I just don’t get the mentality of going to another country and being deliberately offensive. And I know it’s not just [some] English fans that do it but that doesn’t make it less wrong.

Probably is almost exclusively England fans that throw the salutes.

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 14:57 - Jun 7 with 1845 viewsnoggin

England football lads, bringing shame on the nation since 1979ish.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 15:06 - Jun 7 with 1792 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 14:55 - Jun 7 by unbelievablue

Probably is almost exclusively England fans that throw the salutes.

Hungary, Poland and others too I think.

I fear there will be trouble out there this eve.
Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 15:10 - Jun 7 with 1755 viewsnoggin

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 15:06 - Jun 7 by PrideOfTheEast

I hope anyone causing trouble or insulting locals gets a good kicking and I hope it hurts. That German bombers song is so fjking embarrassing, from grown men.

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 15:17 - Jun 7 with 1717 viewsunbelievablue

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 15:06 - Jun 7 by PrideOfTheEast

You're right, but the difference being those lot are typically actual NeoNazis.

Login to get fewer ads

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 15:52 - Jun 7 with 1554 viewsdavblue

1st away day in a few years isn't it?

Not that, that's an excuse of course but behavior once people being let out over the last year has proved some people can't behave.
Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 15:53 - Jun 7 with 1537 viewsEwan_Oozami

"Three looneys in their shirts...."

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 15:59 - Jun 7 with 1497 viewsTractorWood

This sort of fixture will bring a huge number of people out who have no intention of going to the game. Just going abroad for 4 days of drinking.

I went to lots of England away to get enough caps for Euro 2016. German police tend to be reasonably excellent at policing so I suspect there will only be small scale idiocy.

Only thing I would say is that there are lots of sensible people who do make it to England away games who just want to watch us play. It's such a shame this pointless thug element persists.

That said I was in Munchen a good few years ago and Germany happened to play Austria on a sunny day and late kick off. I remember seeing a 200 person brawl in a beer garden. Not a word of it on the news locally.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 17:23 - Jun 7 with 1284 viewshammo56

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 15:59 - Jun 7 by TractorWood

This sort of fixture will bring a huge number of people out who have no intention of going to the game. Just going abroad for 4 days of drinking.

I went to lots of England away to get enough caps for Euro 2016. German police tend to be reasonably excellent at policing so I suspect there will only be small scale idiocy.

Only thing I would say is that there are lots of sensible people who do make it to England away games who just want to watch us play. It's such a shame this pointless thug element persists.

That said I was in Munchen a good few years ago and Germany happened to play Austria on a sunny day and late kick off. I remember seeing a 200 person brawl in a beer garden. Not a word of it on the news locally.

Spot on TW about the majority of people following England away being sensible people who just want to see the team play. Over the years have made friends with a lot of people who support other clubs and have had some great banter with them, even a few who support that lot up the A140.
As you say you will always get some idiots go to the games which are easy to get to. I had noticed prior to the pandemic that the number of these seemed to be increasing again, the games in Amsterdam and Dortmund being examples. This is one of the reasons why I decided to call it a day after the Euro final.
As I am now officially a OAP decided I can’t put up with that now and will use my bus pass for following Town away!
Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 17:46 - Jun 7 with 1196 viewsParky

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 14:57 - Jun 7 by noggin

England football lads, bringing shame on the nation since 1979ish.

How did I know you’d be in this thread?
Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 18:14 - Jun 7 with 1128 viewsTractorWood

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 17:23 - Jun 7 by hammo56

Spot on TW about the majority of people following England away being sensible people who just want to see the team play. Over the years have made friends with a lot of people who support other clubs and have had some great banter with them, even a few who support that lot up the A140.
As you say you will always get some idiots go to the games which are easy to get to. I had noticed prior to the pandemic that the number of these seemed to be increasing again, the games in Amsterdam and Dortmund being examples. This is one of the reasons why I decided to call it a day after the Euro final.
As I am now officially a OAP decided I can’t put up with that now and will use my bus pass for following Town away!

Good to hear Hammo. Hope you are well.

I also have called it a day after the Euros final.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 18:55 - Jun 7 with 1040 viewsnoggin

Three idiots spend a lot of money to follow England… on 17:46 - Jun 7 by Parky

How did I know you’d be in this thread?

I don't know, give us a clue...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024