Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Malik Wilks 01:46 - Jun 8 with 2197 viewschenners17

Looks like Malik Wilks is going to be available from Hull.
Looks like P'boro and Shef Wed are interested.

Potential ST/Left sided option for town? He scored 19 in their promotion season a year ago but struggled this season through injury and falling out of favour.
Malik Wilks on 08:51 - Jun 8 with 1812 viewsSouperJim

Presuming he's fit, I'd have your arm off.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Malik Wilks on 09:03 - Jun 8 with 1752 viewsJakeITFC

Absolutely snap yes if we can make it happen.
Malik Wilks on 09:50 - Jun 8 with 1626 viewsBig_Jase

Would be a cracking signing for us, was it just a spurious twitter rumour that linked us the other day?

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Malik Wilks on 09:51 - Jun 8 with 1622 viewsKieran_Knows

I suspect he might end up at Peterborough with Grant McCann again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Malik Wilks on 09:56 - Jun 8 with 1585 viewsMediocre_Quick

I see silly season is kicking off...

Would be a hell of a signing, BUT, we're looking for a LWB more than a LM/LW, so unless he wants to convert to that role, I don't see it happening
Malik Wilks on 10:00 - Jun 8 with 1552 viewsSouperJim

Malik Wilks on 09:56 - Jun 8 by Mediocre_Quick

Would be a hell of a signing, BUT, we're looking for a LWB more than a LM/LW, so unless he wants to convert to that role, I don't see it happening

I never quite understand why some folk think that because we need someone in position X, there is zero chance we'll sign someone in position Y. If a player improves us, they improve us.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Malik Wilks on 10:06 - Jun 8 with 1514 viewsportmanking

Malik Wilks on 09:51 - Jun 8 by Kieran_Knows

I suspect he might end up at Peterborough with Grant McCann again.

Really? Despite us probably being able to double the wages he can get at Posh? MacAnthony has been quite open about them being brassic post-Covid and having to blood some of their youngsters over the next season or two.
Malik Wilks on 10:43 - Jun 8 with 1397 viewsBlueyandCrazy

He'll go to Wednesday
- from up north, played all career up north
- won't have to move
- they will at least match us wages wise

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Login to get fewer ads

Malik Wilks on 10:56 - Jun 8 with 1355 viewsportmanking

Malik Wilks on 10:43 - Jun 8 by BlueyandCrazy

He'll go to Wednesday
- from up north, played all career up north
- won't have to move
- they will at least match us wages wise

I agree, there's more chance of him heading there than Peterborough.
Malik Wilks on 11:01 - Jun 8 with 1324 viewsjayessess

Malik Wilks on 09:56 - Jun 8 by Mediocre_Quick

Unless we're pretty confident that Celina will return, we're still missing an attacking midfielder.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Malik Wilks on 11:17 - Jun 8 with 1244 viewsKieran_Knows

Malik Wilks on 10:06 - Jun 8 by portmanking

Really? Despite us probably being able to double the wages he can get at Posh? MacAnthony has been quite open about them being brassic post-Covid and having to blood some of their youngsters over the next season or two.

Doesn't necessarily always come down to money though, does it? A chance to get back with a manager who he was successful with, you can see why he'd go there.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Malik Wilks on 11:24 - Jun 8 with 1209 viewsjayessess

Malik Wilks on 11:17 - Jun 8 by Kieran_Knows

Doesn't necessarily always come down to money though, does it? A chance to get back with a manager who he was successful with, you can see why he'd go there.

That sort of thing might come into consideration when you're talking a few percent here or there, but Wednesday's wage bill is likely to be double Peterborough's I'd have thought.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Malik Wilks on 11:30 - Jun 8 with 1181 viewsclive_baker

Certainly dangerous at this level, and would suit our system as the central striker. I could see it happening, especially if we could get Pig off the books.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Malik Wilks on 11:36 - Jun 8 with 1142 viewsclive_baker

Malik Wilks on 11:24 - Jun 8 by jayessess

That sort of thing might come into consideration when you're talking a few percent here or there, but Wednesday's wage bill is likely to be double Peterborough's I'd have thought.

It also might not all come down to the player as he's contracted for another year. If 1 club is willing to pay a few hundred grand for him and another can't or isn't, they'll only be 1 offer Hull are accepting.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Malik Wilks on 12:27 - Jun 8 with 962 viewstimothyeo

Would be a good signing. I imagine Weds are more desperate for him though and will be willing to overpay to ensure he signs.
Malik Wilks on 12:49 - Jun 8 with 871 viewsBlueBlood90

Malik Wilks on 12:27 - Jun 8 by timothyeo

Would be a good signing. I imagine Weds are more desperate for him though and will be willing to overpay to ensure he signs.

He's a Leeds lad so I don't think they'd need to overpay as geography is happily on their side. It may be us that would need to overpay if we're up against Sheff Weds.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Malik Wilks on 13:01 - Jun 8 with 803 viewsMediocre_Quick

Malik Wilks on 10:00 - Jun 8 by SouperJim

I never quite understand why some folk think that because we need someone in position X, there is zero chance we'll sign someone in position Y. If a player improves us, they improve us.

What I'm saying is, unless he's coming in to compete with Jackson, or Ladapo as a central striker, he's not as versatile as Burns, so can't see him converting to a LWB when his attacking numbers ae very good,

Unless, we brought him in to compete with Chaplin in the 10 position also, it's just based on logic more than anything
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024