Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Live View of PMQs 12:02 - Jun 8 with 1595 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Angela Eagle first up.

"Demonstrated just how loathed this PM is, and that's just in his own party!"

"If 148 of his own MPs don't trust him, why should the country?"
Live View of PMQs on 12:04 - Jun 8 with 1572 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Johnson buoyant, maybe cocky in reply.

Andrew Mitchell (Tory) asks about Rwandan war criminals living in UK.

"No country more committed than we are to bringing war criminals to justice"
Live View of PMQs on 12:06 - Jun 8 with 1560 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Sir Keir Starmer opens with a couple of jokes.

Focuses on Dorries' attack on Hunt's pandemic preparedness.

Boris prepared for this question. "Novel virus... UK Govt... amazing NHS... First vaccine... fastest rollout"
Live View of PMQs on 12:09 - Jun 8 with 1531 viewsRyorry

Cheers, had forgotten. Clearly timed my brunch well tho!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Live View of PMQs on 12:14 - Jun 8 with 1497 viewsBlueBadger

Live View of PMQs on 12:04 - Jun 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

'....if they haven't offered us a few million in donations'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Live View of PMQs on 12:17 - Jun 8 with 1485 viewsRyorry

Could be summarised thus -

Everything Johnson says is a downright lie that stands the truth on its head.

Live View of PMQs on 12:26 - Jun 8 with 1464 viewsRyorry

Immediately followed by a Tory MP commenting on the "outpouring of sewage" into local rivers 😂

Then Blackford, good value as usual + capitalising on situation.

Live View of PMQs on 12:35 - Jun 8 with 1419 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Live View of PMQs on 12:06 - Jun 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

Sir Keir Starmer opens with a couple of jokes.

Focuses on Dorries' attack on Hunt's pandemic preparedness.

Boris prepared for this question. "Novel virus... UK Govt... amazing NHS... First vaccine... fastest rollout"

"Perhaps it is true... too hard to get a GP appointment. Johnson promised 6000 new GPs... health sec says not going to be met."

BJ "Record numbers in training"

Starmer "A letter from MP for S Herefordshire: "under you Govt lacks mission... no plan..." Not just GPs, waiting times for cancer care up. 135000 extra people waiting for cancer appointments. Wanting and inadequate.

BJ "We are able to cut the times and get tests faster..."

KS "cancer waits been up for 10 years. Can't blame pandemic... North Tees hospital... dangerous..."

BJ "This line of questioning is satirical.
Live View of PMQs on 12:36 - Jun 8 with 1413 viewsvilanovablue

Live View of PMQs on 12:17 - Jun 8 by Ryorry

Could be summarised thus -

Everything Johnson says is a downright lie that stands the truth on its head.

Johnson sounds like a broken record at this point and the lies are wearing tediously thin. I think even his own party, as demonstrated earlier in the week are tired of him. He simply can't get stuff done because it really is of little or no interest to him.
Login to get fewer ads

Live View of PMQs on 12:37 - Jun 8 with 1403 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Live View of PMQs on 12:35 - Jun 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

"Perhaps it is true... too hard to get a GP appointment. Johnson promised 6000 new GPs... health sec says not going to be met."

BJ "Record numbers in training"

Starmer "A letter from MP for S Herefordshire: "under you Govt lacks mission... no plan..." Not just GPs, waiting times for cancer care up. 135000 extra people waiting for cancer appointments. Wanting and inadequate.

BJ "We are able to cut the times and get tests faster..."

KS "cancer waits been up for 10 years. Can't blame pandemic... North Tees hospital... dangerous..."

BJ "This line of questioning is satirical.

Sorry, I had a phone call, paused it and I'm behind now.

I'll give general thoughts at the end.
Live View of PMQs on 12:48 - Jun 8 with 1361 viewsGlasgowBlue

If I was Boris Johnson I would simply reply that “80% of the parliamentary Labour Party voted against the previous Labour leader in a vote of confidence, including you. Why did you then campaign for him to become Prime Minister less than a year later? If you didn’t trust him, why did you try to persuade the country to trust him”?

Johnson needs to get some better scrip writers to bat this stuff away.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Live View of PMQs on 12:53 - Jun 8 with 1334 viewsRyorry

Live View of PMQs on 12:48 - Jun 8 by GlasgowBlue

If I was Boris Johnson I would simply reply that “80% of the parliamentary Labour Party voted against the previous Labour leader in a vote of confidence, including you. Why did you then campaign for him to become Prime Minister less than a year later? If you didn’t trust him, why did you try to persuade the country to trust him”?

Does it grind your gears that you have more brain (& probably application + work ethic + morality) than Johnson, so if you'd gone down that path of national politics you'd have been a better PM?

Live View of PMQs on 12:53 - Jun 8 with 1327 viewsDarth_Koont

Live View of PMQs on 12:04 - Jun 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

Hmmm.

I can think of few developed countries less able to recognise war crimes — our own and those of our allies (cf Iraq and Saudi Arabia in Yemen). There at least seems to be a debate around it in the US.

Pronouns: He/Him

Live View of PMQs on 13:06 - Jun 8 with 1261 viewsBlueBadger

Live View of PMQs on 12:53 - Jun 8 by Ryorry

Does it grind your gears that you have more brain (& probably application + work ethic + morality) than Johnson, so if you'd gone down that path of national politics you'd have been a better PM?

To be fair, even Mad Harry would probably make a better PM.

And he's a Russian chatbot.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Live View of PMQs on 13:34 - Jun 8 with 1169 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Easy to reply to: "MPs support a leader, even if they don't completely agree with them on everything, in order to work together on policies that matter. Of course sometimes a leader abuses their position and the trust of their colleagues to such an extent that it is apparent to everyone that their position is untenable.

The Labour Party have changed their leader. It's time the Conservative Party did the same."
Live View of PMQs on 13:37 - Jun 8 with 1143 viewsDarth_Koont

Indeed. And that whole sorry affair tells you all you need to know about the parliamentary Labour Party.

Live View of PMQs on 13:57 - Jun 8 with 1063 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Live View of PMQs on 12:37 - Jun 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

Sorry, I had a phone call, paused it and I'm behind now.

I'll give general thoughts at the end.

Johnson performed pretty well in the circumstances. The most notable aspect is that no Conservative MP knifed him.

Starmer went "safety first" and primarily talked about the Government record on the NHS.

Johnson spaffed, as per usual. It's what he does.

Blackford forcefully pointed to a Westminster system which fails to deal with a Prime Minister that Scotland hadn't voted for.

Johnson called him his friend and chuckled about Blackford's customary forcefulness, as per usual. It's what he does.

So it was a classic Johnson performance: don't answer direct questions, respond to anything Starmer says with the "Levelling up" etc soundbites in a loud voice, and adopt "serious concern" when a dying constituent is referenced.

He thinks he is going nowhere. It looks like Starmer is happy for him to limp on, but at a very basic level Johnson comes across as the dominant one in their exchanges, so I think that is a dangerous game.
Live View of PMQs on 14:00 - Jun 8 with 1049 viewsitfcjoe

Live View of PMQs on 13:57 - Jun 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

Johnson performed pretty well in the circumstances. The most notable aspect is that no Conservative MP knifed him.

Starmer went "safety first" and primarily talked about the Government record on the NHS.

Johnson spaffed, as per usual. It's what he does.

Blackford forcefully pointed to a Westminster system which fails to deal with a Prime Minister that Scotland hadn't voted for.

Johnson called him his friend and chuckled about Blackford's customary forcefulness, as per usual. It's what he does.

So it was a classic Johnson performance: don't answer direct questions, respond to anything Starmer says with the "Levelling up" etc soundbites in a loud voice, and adopt "serious concern" when a dying constituent is referenced.

He thinks he is going nowhere. It looks like Starmer is happy for him to limp on, but at a very basic level Johnson comes across as the dominant one in their exchanges, so I think that is a dangerous game.

The PM will always be dominant as can always have the final word - I've not watched todays as yet but KS been much better in last 2-3 weeks.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Live View of PMQs on 14:09 - Jun 8 with 1011 viewsGlasgowBlue

Live View of PMQs on 12:26 - Jun 8 by Ryorry

Immediately followed by a Tory MP commenting on the "outpouring of sewage" into local rivers 😂

Then Blackford, good value as usual + capitalising on situation.

When you praise Ian Blackford, just remember his complicity in a smear campaign against a dying man he was likely beating anyway whose career was marked by his integrity and high principles.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Live View of PMQs on 16:04 - Jun 8 with 806 viewsDarth_Koont

Live View of PMQs on 14:09 - Jun 8 by GlasgowBlue

When you praise Ian Blackford, just remember his complicity in a smear campaign against a dying man he was likely beating anyway whose career was marked by his integrity and high principles.

What was his complicity?

You being the smear pro.

Live View of PMQs on 17:40 - Jun 8 with 646 viewsHARRY10

Live View of PMQs on 12:36 - Jun 8 by vilanovablue

Johnson sounds like a broken record at this point and the lies are wearing tediously thin. I think even his own party, as demonstrated earlier in the week are tired of him. He simply can't get stuff done because it really is of little or no interest to him.

He can't get anything done because so much is lied about.

Where all other politicians were trying to work through the impasse that was NI border, the bloated bullshtter simply said that there would be no border and no checks, knowing that if he said it enough times the simple minded would believe him

And rather than admit Tory cuts had reduced the number of nurses and doctors (and police) he claimed that by some magic trick he would conjure up the missing staff - and he would build 40 new hospitals.

Yes, he is incompetent. But the real problem is not only does he make unobtainable claims, but there are numerous cap doffers like Glasgow Blue, desperate to re-enact the parrot sketch, in their hopeless attempts to defend him

I don't doubt that his all too predictable rants at the dispatch box are 'Gove assisted'. Todays performance came across like some unfortunate French royal on the tumbril, telling the crowd to watch out for him, when he is brought back on the return journey

Bravado perhaps, as even in his wide eyed delusions he must see that the end is not far off.

Louis the Bun King and Carrie Antoinette
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024