Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo 13:40 - Jun 8 with 3390 viewsIllinoisblue

Nothing new really, suggests he has an attitude problem and how difficult it must be to fall out with the nice guy Rotherham boss.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 13:55 - Jun 8 with 3227 viewsJ2BLUE

The new regime aren't stupid. He was on a free. I'm sure there is something in his contract about standards and behaviour.

People need to chill out on this one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:04 - Jun 8 with 3157 viewsJammyDodgerrr

They key line in this is where he says he doesn't know him as a person.

Also, the idea that the club who had Berahino who is absolutely known for stinking up a place, and saying 'glad we didn't sign this one' is laughable.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:09 - Jun 8 with 3123 viewsSTYG

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 13:55 - Jun 8 by J2BLUE

The new regime aren't stupid. He was on a free. I'm sure there is something in his contract about standards and behaviour.

People need to chill out on this one.

There is also so much that people don't see. Even journalists.

A guy we played football with on Saturdays years back was good mates with a Peterborough striker who he'd grown up with.

Said striker had been promised at start of season he could leave for a bigger club if they didn't go up. He stayed amid some summer interest and around Christmas they were 15th or something in the old Division 3. He asked to leave as promotion was gone. Club said no.

He asked again in the summer. Club again said no as his strike partner had picked up a major injury and they needed him.

He remained dignified. Said nothing. His representative at the time said nothing. Papers made him out to be a villain. Fans got arsey with him. Club were asked about him wanting away and hardly defended his honour, just hung him out to dry and he never actually said anything about it to anyone apart from a couple of good mates.

We used to get updates at the time as it was covered once or twice on the Anglia News when they used to cover all the teams and we used to ask our mate about him.

It's possible Ladapo has been poorly treated or not given what he's been promised and just doesn't feel the need to wash his dirty linen in public. If he kicks off here then fair enough, it will be speculated upon based on the known facts (never all of them) and whilst Rotherham may be quite right they may also be quite wrong or Ladapo may have learned a lesson.

Personally I only care how he represents our club now.
Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:11 - Jun 8 with 3119 viewsBig_Jase

I am sure I read somewhere that Paul Warne said his attitude was spot on, and that after handing in his transfer request (Rotherham refused him a move to Wednesday) he got his head town and trained as well as anyone.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:11 - Jun 8 with 3118 viewsSTYG

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:04 - Jun 8 by JammyDodgerrr

They key line in this is where he says he doesn't know him as a person.

Also, the idea that the club who had Berahino who is absolutely known for stinking up a place, and saying 'glad we didn't sign this one' is laughable.

Didn't one of the Rotherham podcasters say to Rossy that Ladapo was absolutely adored for his charity work and giving stuff to kids and going out of his way etc? They painted him to be a really nice guy.
Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:12 - Jun 8 with 3103 viewsjayessess

It's just a fairly standard "didn't fancy him anyway" blog for a local newspaper, isn't it? Even admits he doesn't know anything about Ladapo as a person, beyond noting that Paul Warne is a nice guy and supposedly didn't like him.

I say supposedly because Warne played him 123 times across 3 seasons, 2 of them resulting in promotion, so he must have rated him a bit.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:12 - Jun 8 with 3100 viewsBlueBadger

Bristol city said that about Bakinson as well.

And we had absolutely no trouble with him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:33 - Jun 8 with 2934 viewshomer_123

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:12 - Jun 8 by BlueBadger

Bristol city said that about Bakinson as well.

And we had absolutely no trouble with him.

You are right Badge but I would just say that we are now aware of having any problems like that with him. We don't know for sure. Certainly nothing to suggest there was.

Be interesting to see if he comes back.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:33 - Jun 8 with 2938 viewsclive_baker

Think there's definitely been question marks about his conduct at times, there were occasions where he wasn't getting as much football as he would've liked or expected, and maybe didn't go about making his point in the right way if you believe what you read. But he's clearly a player who can score goals at this level, and with a bit of a renewed confidence and feeling wanted, a fresh start and an arm around his shoulder could do him the world of good. We've seen it countless times, there's a lot of good footballers out there and the difference is often a bit of luck, a bit of a break, and feeling good about themselves between the ears. Look at Bonne for the first half of last season.

It's a fresh slate, and just like any walk of life I'll take people how I find them and I'm sure the staff here will too. It's a great opportunity for him, I hope he flourishes in this environment.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:36 - Jun 8 with 2917 viewsKieran_Knows

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:33 - Jun 8 by homer_123

You are right Badge but I would just say that we are now aware of having any problems like that with him. We don't know for sure. Certainly nothing to suggest there was.

Be interesting to see if he comes back.

Given the signing of Ball, plus links to a couple of other CM's so far (Taylor, and for the life of me I can't remember the other one), I would be surprised to see Bakinson come back now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:41 - Jun 8 with 2885 viewsIllinoisblue

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:36 - Jun 8 by Kieran_Knows

Given the signing of Ball, plus links to a couple of other CM's so far (Taylor, and for the life of me I can't remember the other one), I would be surprised to see Bakinson come back now.

Speaking of Bonne, isn’t that the biggest tragedy by far of the banter era. Chantry boy living the dream, scoring in front of the North Stand, everything going so well. And then it all crumbled to dust.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 15:24 - Jun 8 with 2681 viewsBlueBlood90

So he's written a whole article about a player having a bad attitude despite the fact he has never met or dealt with him personally? Odd behaviour.

I'm sure McKenna and Ashton wouldn't have signed him if he came across as being a bad egg in any way after meeting him.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 22:18 - Jun 8 with 2165 viewsSE1blue

If Ladapo is a Jamie Tartt, then McKenna is our Ted Lasso.

It’ll be fine…

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 23:03 - Jun 8 with 2018 viewsStNeotsBlue

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 15:24 - Jun 8 by BlueBlood90

So he's written a whole article about a player having a bad attitude despite the fact he has never met or dealt with him personally? Odd behaviour.

I'm sure McKenna and Ashton wouldn't have signed him if he came across as being a bad egg in any way after meeting him.

To be fair to the journo, as a reporter covering Wednesday he'll have plenty of dealings with colleagues covering neighbouring Rotherham so will have a decent level of insight. There might also be a bit of local rival bias.

All that said we've signed plenty of players who have labeled problematic who have done fantastically for us, so I've no worries about this signing.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 23:04]
Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 23:06 - Jun 8 with 1999 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:12 - Jun 8 by jayessess

It's just a fairly standard "didn't fancy him anyway" blog for a local newspaper, isn't it? Even admits he doesn't know anything about Ladapo as a person, beyond noting that Paul Warne is a nice guy and supposedly didn't like him.

I say supposedly because Warne played him 123 times across 3 seasons, 2 of them resulting in promotion, so he must have rated him a bit.

Is there any actual evidence that the ex-Budgie is a nice guy? Maybe it is the ex-Budgie, openly Town hating part of him that makes me feel he isn't a nice guy but that was the bit I read on this thread that surprised me.

I hope the vast majority of Town fans will give Ladapo a chance and not pre-judge him for wanting to leave Rotherham. Who wouldn't want to leave there if they had a chance?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 07:37 - Jun 9 with 1705 viewsFrimleyBlue

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:11 - Jun 8 by Big_Jase

I am sure I read somewhere that Paul Warne said his attitude was spot on, and that after handing in his transfer request (Rotherham refused him a move to Wednesday) he got his head town and trained as well as anyone.

"Freddie's attitude has been exemplary," he said. "He has trained really well and given his all. He hasn't been a problem, and I wouldn't expect him to be."

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/view,rotherham-united-manager-paul-wa

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 07:56 - Jun 9 with 1645 viewsOwainG1992

Most interesting thing from this is a Argentine club are after Dean Windasses son.
Crazy world.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 09:22 - Jun 9 with 1522 viewsChrisd

Feel there is always baggage with players, but when they find the right home and management team for them then you see them flourish. Look at Spence at Forest, on loan from Middlesboro’ due to an attitude problem, but now seen as a £20m player and being suited by a few EPL sides! Let’s hope Lapado has found his home with us?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 9:33]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 09:27 - Jun 9 with 1495 viewswkj

To be perfectly honest, i think 'attitude problem' is a lazy catchall phrase. The only player in recent town history that I would say has had a major attitude problem is Beliel Moshni, who practically committed assault after getting in a strop when he was playing for Glasgow Rangers 2.

Players being assertive and challenging when they want better is more of an act of frustration than attitude I would say.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 9:28]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 09:58 - Jun 9 with 1418 viewsTrumptonBlue

A view from a Rotherham fan:

"I liked Freddie, but he tried to leave in January (we think agent related) and never really got his mojo back. He'll be good for you."

So that doesn't sound too bad, and I still very much trust McKenna's judgement.
Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 10:21 - Jun 9 with 1346 viewsRedX

Warne doesn't strike me as the loving type tbh.
Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 10:30 - Jun 9 with 1323 viewsjayessess

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 09:58 - Jun 9 by TrumptonBlue

A view from a Rotherham fan:

"I liked Freddie, but he tried to leave in January (we think agent related) and never really got his mojo back. He'll be good for you."

So that doesn't sound too bad, and I still very much trust McKenna's judgement.

Can well imagine that Ladapo's agent advised him that at 29 it's now or never for a big contract that reflects his ability. I don't imagine Rotherham pay particularly generously.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 10:58 - Jun 9 with 1258 viewsBluroo

Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 14:12 - Jun 8 by jayessess

The line "Windass offers infinitely more" rather gave the game away...
Yorkshire journalist on Ladapo on 13:08 - Jun 10 with 942 viewsMetal_Hacker

Got chatting to a couple of Sheff Weds fans / friends before 5-a-side last night up here in Sheffield about this signing

I think their words summed it up for me "Yeah the f***er scored against us.Super fast.You;ve got a player there for sure "

I'll settle for that

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024