Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? 23:46 - Jun 8 with 1402 viewsKievthegreat

They seem to be getting pretty desperate and there's still 2 weeks to go!
Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 00:55 - Jun 9 with 1303 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dirty little sh*ts. Any party distributing leaflets aimed to deceive should be banned from standing. That’d soon stop their dirty tactics.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 09:15 - Jun 9 with 994 viewsGuthrum

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 00:55 - Jun 9 by Swansea_Blue

Dirty little sh*ts. Any party distributing leaflets aimed to deceive should be banned from standing. That’d soon stop their dirty tactics.

People producing deliberately deceptive leaflets are at risk of criminal prosecution.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 09:34 - Jun 9 with 949 viewsWD19

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 00:55 - Jun 9 by Swansea_Blue

I suspect - unfortunately - that this has become relatively standard practice. Local activists jacked up on the adrenaline of their own stupid game. The Liberal Democrats have done it round my way for as long as I can remember. Most common trick is to misrepresent previous results to paint a false picture of the runners and riders.
Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 09:55 - Jun 9 with 908 viewsSteve_M

Also in Tiverton:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 11:31 - Jun 9 with 832 viewsKievthegreat

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 09:34 - Jun 9 by WD19

I suspect - unfortunately - that this has become relatively standard practice. Local activists jacked up on the adrenaline of their own stupid game. The Liberal Democrats have done it round my way for as long as I can remember. Most common trick is to misrepresent previous results to paint a false picture of the runners and riders.

The Lib Dem bar chart is a time honoured tradition!
Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 12:18 - Jun 9 with 778 viewsNthQldITFC

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 09:15 - Jun 9 by Guthrum

People producing deliberately deceptive leaflets are at risk of criminal prosecution.

We can look forward to the Sue Yellow Report in about thirty years, when the Devon and Dorset Constabulary have finished doing nothing then.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 12:21 - Jun 9 with 768 viewsXYZ

Hardly a tactic the Lib Dems are unfamiliar with, tbf.
Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 12:31 - Jun 9 with 722 viewsDarth_Koont

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 12:21 - Jun 9 by XYZ

Hardly a tactic the Lib Dems are unfamiliar with, tbf.

Indeed. Nor Labour who attacked the LibDems similarly in the locals.

Edit: Their anti-Green attack ad was even worse. Good thread covering both here:

[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 12:46]

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 12:41 - Jun 9 with 677 viewsKievthegreat

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 12:31 - Jun 9 by Darth_Koont

Edit: Their anti-Green attack ad was even worse. Good thread covering both here:

The other good tactic is the "local paper" style leaflet which is in fact just stories about how X candidate did this and that for the local area. I get there will always be spin, picking favourable stats and well adjusted axes on bar charts, but impersonation to mislead seems downright wrong.
Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 13:12 - Jun 9 with 619 viewsXYZ

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 12:31 - Jun 9 by Darth_Koont

But, Labour ...

On a tory/ lib dem thread ...
Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 13:18 - Jun 9 with 605 viewsDarth_Koont

Tories getting worried in the upcoming by-election? on 13:12 - Jun 9 by XYZ

But, Labour ...

On a tory/ lib dem thread ...

Yep.

I think grasping the poor nature and standard of our politics as a whole is better than being tribal. That's also a major reason why our politics is so sh!t and incapable of delivering real-life solutions.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024