Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. 11:11 - Jun 9 with 910 viewsBlueBadger

Faith No More's 'Angel Dust' is 30 years old TODAY.
And is possibly the greatest rock album of all time.
Fight me on this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 11:16 - Jun 9 with 894 viewsKeno

does this count

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 11:16 - Jun 9 with 888 viewsBlueBadger

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 11:16 - Jun 9 by Keno

does this count

It's a decent runner up.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 11:22 - Jun 9 with 874 viewsGavTWTD

Loved this track back in the day

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 11:29 - Jun 9 with 847 viewsclive_baker

Can you believe the Macarena was recorded 30 years ago? 26 years since it properly popped, but one of, if not THE greatest song ever written. A work of real genius.

Come on don't be shy, you know the dance.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 11:35 - Jun 9 with 824 viewsleitrimblue

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 11:29 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

Can you believe the Macarena was recorded 30 years ago? 26 years since it properly popped, but one of, if not THE greatest song ever written. A work of real genius.

Come on don't be shy, you know the dance.

You gotta love the Spanish national anthem
Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 11:39 - Jun 9 with 817 viewsDubtractor

Incredible album, still sounds amazing, and def one of my all time top 5.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 11:40]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 12:51 - Jun 9 with 768 viewsdickie

I bloody love that album
Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 13:24 - Jun 9 with 742 viewsBlueBadger

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 11:39 - Jun 9 by Dubtractor

Incredible album, still sounds amazing, and def one of my all time top 5.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 11:40]

Opened a lot of musical doors for me, did FNM. Pretty much everything my collection is down to them, in one way or another.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 7:08]

Login to get fewer ads

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 13:47 - Jun 9 with 708 viewsCoastalblue

Music is one thing more than any other that makes me shocked by the passage of time. I think it gets added to because when you hear something then associated memories come back, people and places which kind of reinforces with a jolt that you're f**king old now.

It stuns me that this was number one 40 years ago, means little when I say it quickly but when I think what 40 years really is, what it means, I feel a bit strange.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 14:16 - Jun 9 with 688 viewsSwansea_Blue

I prefer The Real Thing, but that’s splitting hairs and as much about what I associate it with (first year at Uni). Angel Dust is mighty fine though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 21:48 - Jun 9 with 592 viewsWhos_blue

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 13:47 - Jun 9 by Coastalblue

Music is one thing more than any other that makes me shocked by the passage of time. I think it gets added to because when you hear something then associated memories come back, people and places which kind of reinforces with a jolt that you're f**king old now.

It stuns me that this was number one 40 years ago, means little when I say it quickly but when I think what 40 years really is, what it means, I feel a bit strange.

That song was released nearer to the end of the second world war than today.
That blows my mind!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 21:55 - Jun 9 with 589 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 21:48 - Jun 9 by Whos_blue

That song was released nearer to the end of the second world war than today.
That blows my mind!

I was born closer to WWII than we are today to the Gulf War, and that seems only like yesterday. And I don’t see myself as old (50). WWII, Vietnam, they seem like ancient history. Yet I was alive for the last 4 years of ’nam. Not like an appreciation of the passage of time and significance of wars is uppermost in a 4 year old’s mind of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 22:38 - Jun 9 with 565 viewsBlueandTruesince82

25 years since this utter masterpiece

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 22:39 - Jun 9 with 564 viewsJamestownPrince

Great album, actually really liked some of Chuck Mosleys stuff too
Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 22:47 - Jun 9 with 558 viewsWeWereZombies

As I mentioned on another thread I saw Wilko Johnson for the first time in forty seven years a couple of weeks ago, he played this:

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 23:25 - Jun 9 with 537 viewsStevieH

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 05:29 - Jun 10 with 489 viewsIPS_wich

Danced to Midlife Crisis dozens of times at clubs during my Uni days - but was never a huge FNM fan. But this got me thinking given I was finishing my A Levels 30 years ago and about to head to Uni...and then I realised this track was released 30 years and three weeks ago...probably the song that most fundamentally changed my music direction because four years later my hair is half way down my back, my wardrobe is entirely black and nothing but black and every club I frequented in Leeds tended to consist of white lights and dry ice machines. And now I feel really old...

Thursday morning music and 'no way am I that old' thread. on 10:00 - Jun 10 with 421 viewsCaptainAhab

My favourite album of all time turned 30 last year

Had the pleasure of seeing them perform it in its entirety at the Scala on the 20th anniversary.

Even if you don't know this album, you'll know bands influenced by it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024