Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup for the rich 20:27 - Jun 9 with 1049 viewsSwansea_Blue

5% ticket share for fans of each team. 90% of tickets going to corporate ***** and VIPs. So Wales have an allocation of 2,000(ish) tickets, for example. For the first WC finals they’ve been to since 1958. Anyone know what England have got and anyone trying to go?

How many itinerant workers died for this again? Thousands wasn’t it? It all seems utterly obscene, utterly corrupt and should have been cancelled as soon as the FIFA top dogs got pulled up for corruption.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

World Cup for the rich on 20:35 - Jun 9 with 997 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Going for the first week or so.
World Cup for the rich on 20:38 - Jun 9 with 986 viewsquirkie

World Cup for the rich on 20:35 - Jun 9 by PrideOfTheEast

Save your money, Germany 2024 and USA/Canada/Mexico 2026 more more enticing locations for next couple of tournaments. I've never been to Germany so 2024 I'm looking to do a good 3 weeks for that one.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 20:39]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

World Cup for the rich on 20:46 - Jun 9 with 948 viewsJakeITFC

I have tickets for the first two England games (in the England allocation) so planning to do the first week.

Think we had something like 2,500 allocated for the first game and 4,000 for the second - don’t think they sold out.
World Cup for the rich on 20:46 - Jun 9 with 946 viewsSwansea_Blue

World Cup for the rich on 20:35 - Jun 9 by PrideOfTheEast

It’ll be a great experience. Have you got guaranteed tickets? It strikes me it’s something you’ve got to be connected or extremely organised to stand a chance of getting in (I’m neither lol!).

I’ve heard they’re parking up luxury cruise ships to use for accommodation- I quite like the idea of that with all the facilities on board.

World Cup for the rich on 21:29 - Jun 9 with 866 viewsPrideOfTheEast

World Cup for the rich on 20:46 - Jun 9 by Swansea_Blue

It’ll be a great experience. Have you got guaranteed tickets? It strikes me it’s something you’ve got to be connected or extremely organised to stand a chance of getting in (I’m neither lol!).

I’ve heard they’re parking up luxury cruise ships to use for accommodation- I quite like the idea of that with all the facilities on board.

Yes I have fortunately. Sorting accommodation is less straight forward but there are a couple of options now.
World Cup for the rich on 21:38 - Jun 9 with 830 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes the whole thing stinks, top to bottom.

But I'm not sure on this occasion that the number of tickets for most western countries is going to be much of an issue, as so few people are actually prepared to go to this world cup!
World Cup for the rich on 21:53 - Jun 9 with 809 viewsFtnfwest

If it’s 5% for each team it’ll be the same won’t it?
World Cup for the rich on 21:58 - Jun 9 with 776 viewsSwansea_Blue

World Cup for the rich on 21:29 - Jun 9 by PrideOfTheEast

Yes I have fortunately. Sorting accommodation is less straight forward but there are a couple of options now.

Excellent, enjoy. Irrespective of the downsides, the different nature of it will make for a memorable trip for fans I’m sure. The lucky few that get to see it of course.

Login to get fewer ads

World Cup for the rich on 21:59 - Jun 9 with 778 viewsFreddies_Ears

I did the England v Brazil game in Qatar, back in about 2014. Earned a bar bill of £330 in 2 nights, because I lucked out and had a group of Saudi oil workers buy most of my beers.

I have enough caps to do any England game, but will not be going.
World Cup for the rich on 22:17 - Jun 9 with 724 viewsPlums

It’s a travesty that it’s being held. I couldn’t bring myself to watch or play in a stadium knowing people had died building it - because of corruption and neglect.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

World Cup for the rich on 22:22 - Jun 9 with 721 viewsITFCson

I plan to go for a few nights for the world cup experience. Couldn't give a toss about watching england play though. Still a sour taste in my mouth from the euro final (although I accept very few of the hooligans from that day will be in Qatar) But the football england play is usually boring despite our array of attacking talent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024