Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre season incomings 11:45 - Jun 10 with 1204 viewsStu_boy

With the players returning to pre season training on 20th june, what are the chances of us signing someone else by that date? I appreciate many clubs wont want to let someone go until they have their replacement. However, how about someone like o'dowda or nathan holland who are out of contract and could play lwb?
Pre season incomings on 11:47 - Jun 10 with 1172 viewsSitfcB

O’Dowda signed for Cardiff the other day.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 11:48]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Pre season incomings on 12:35 - Jun 10 with 1061 viewsStu_boy

Pre season incomings on 11:47 - Jun 10 by SitfcB

Cheers sitters, i missed that
Pre season incomings on 12:36 - Jun 10 with 1065 viewsmarkchips

Pre season incomings on 11:47 - Jun 10 by SitfcB

I wasn't aware of that but it does make a clear point that it will not be easy to attract established championship level players to a mid table third division side despite all of the improvements on and off the pitch.

Hoping to be proved wrong of course and with Iredale going to Bolton from Cambridge I just hope we are still looking to sign someone for the left wing back position.
Pre season incomings on 13:17 - Jun 10 with 971 viewsSTYG

Pre season incomings on 12:36 - Jun 10 by markchips

I wasn't aware of that but it does make a clear point that it will not be easy to attract established championship level players to a mid table third division side despite all of the improvements on and off the pitch.

Hoping to be proved wrong of course and with Iredale going to Bolton from Cambridge I just hope we are still looking to sign someone for the left wing back position.

Why would we not be going for a LWB just because a very average League One player who plays in that position, and who we wouldn't have been interested in, went to Bolton.

Is he the only LWB in world football?
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 13:18]
Pre season incomings on 15:11 - Jun 10 with 782 viewsBlueNomad

Pre season incomings on 13:17 - Jun 10 by STYG

Why would we not be going for a LWB just because a very average League One player who plays in that position, and who we wouldn't have been interested in, went to Bolton.

Is he the only LWB in world football?
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 13:18]

I'm just going to sit back and watch it unfold. Lets trust the club to sign quality.
Pre season incomings on 17:07 - Jun 10 with 678 viewsmarkchips

Pre season incomings on 15:11 - Jun 10 by BlueNomad

I'm just going to sit back and watch it unfold. Lets trust the club to sign quality.

I agree, there is only really a need for a quality left back and another physical striker.

Possibly a few players like Harper will move on late in the window possibly on loan but I expect McKenna will see what he makes of them first.
Pre season incomings on 17:09 - Jun 10 with 672 viewsStu_boy

Pre season incomings on 17:07 - Jun 10 by markchips

I agree, there is only really a need for a quality left back and another physical striker.

Possibly a few players like Harper will move on late in the window possibly on loan but I expect McKenna will see what he makes of them first.

An attacking mid is also important given we've lost celina so we currently only have chappers there and aluko who i view as a back up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024