Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I always thought Charles was a good egg 07:53 - Jun 11 with 2585 viewsDubtractor

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/10/prince-charles-criticises-appall

I assume Tom Hunt will be telling him to get another job?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 08:30 - Jun 11 with 2023 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I reckon Hunt (T) will suggest that if Charles doesn't like it here he should go and live somewhere else.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 08:36 - Jun 11 with 2004 viewsMullet

All relative innit, but when not being a sycophantic weasel to these Lord of the Flies asshats is a low bar I reckon.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 14:50 - Jun 11 with 1738 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not that I disagree with Prince Charles, but nearly 400 years after the civil war it’s quite amusing to see all the lefties on social media siding with the heir to our hereditary class system against the elected government and the British courts.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 15:56 - Jun 11 with 1678 viewsJ2BLUE

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 14:50 - Jun 11 by GlasgowBlue

Not that I disagree with Prince Charles, but nearly 400 years after the civil war it’s quite amusing to see all the lefties on social media siding with the heir to our hereditary class system against the elected government and the British courts.

Will probably get stick for this but it always amuses me all the people with their rainbow avatars or flags for equality for all (quite rightfully) who are massive fans of the royal family.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 16:02 - Jun 11 with 1667 viewsRyorry

You're Dan Hodges & I claim my £5.

Included is one of the replies to his tweet -

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 16:08 - Jun 11 with 1635 viewsMattinLondon

What has political affiliation got to do with this? Isn’t this simply down to not wanting to be a heartless idiot?
I always thought Charles was a good egg on 16:11 - Jun 11 with 1638 viewsPhilTWTD

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 16:14 - Jun 11 with 1624 viewsRyorry

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 16:08 - Jun 11 by MattinLondon

What has political affiliation got to do with this? Isn’t this simply down to not wanting to be a heartless idiot?

Can't resist getting a dig in re "lefties".

Tbf, there've been plenty of digs about "righties" on here lately*, so perhaps he's just trying to "level up" ...

*difference being those digs are justified.

Login to get fewer ads

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 16:47 - Jun 11 with 1575 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, a lot of picking and choosing positions isn't there?

My OP was tongue in cheek, obviously, though he is very clearly in the right here.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 17:50 - Jun 11 with 1501 viewscbower

Just because I am a Republican and virulently anti monarchy and left of centre does not mean I am going to disagree with them if they say something that is spot on about a morally repugnant policy enacted by a democratically elected government (with the backing of somewhat less than 40% of the electorate incidentally - that's your democracy!)

bluescouser

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 18:15 - Jun 11 with 1456 viewsnoggin

Bluddy lefty, i Bet he wants shuriya law in englund too.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 19:05 - Jun 11 with 1396 viewsGlasgowBlue

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 16:08 - Jun 11 by MattinLondon

You’re slightly missing the point. It’s expected from a pro monarchy rightie like me who is disgusted by the Rwanda policy To cheer on Charlie. But it’s quite amusing to see lefties in social media who have spent the past two weeks moaning about the Queen then doing the same. Similar to those who have shouted for years “abolish the House of Lords” doing a complete u turn when they vote down Tory legislation.

So just something I found amusing is all. No great philosophical debate. Nothing to get you knickers in a twist.

As for your first question. Pretty sure somebody brought political persuasion into the thread before me. Tom Hunt?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2022 19:06]

Iron Lion Zion

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 19:07 - Jun 11 with 1388 viewsGlasgowBlue

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 18:15 - Jun 11 by noggin

Bluddy lefty, i Bet he wants shuriya law in englund too.

Don’t say lefty ffs. You’ll have Matinlondon on your case.

Iron Lion Zion

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 19:07 - Jun 11 with 1386 viewsGlasgowBlue

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 16:11 - Jun 11 by PhilTWTD

Great minds and all that.

Iron Lion Zion

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 19:50 - Jun 11 with 1303 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wasn’t he an utter **** to Di? Apart from that, he’s always been seemingly the most woke of the bunch. On the face of it he seems genuinely interested in environment issues for example. But I don’t know enough about him though to know whether he’s genuine.

His words about the Rwanda policy aren’t especially surprising are they? You’d have to be a right *unt to support such an inhumane and probably illegal policy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 19:58 - Jun 11 with 1280 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s a weird take. What’s the alternative? Are ‘lefties’ only allowed to stay in their bubble and agree with other ‘lefties’?

This is such a vile policy it’s bound to unite people from different backgrounds and ‘tribes’.

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 20:00 - Jun 11 with 1274 viewsSwansea_Blue

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 16:14 - Jun 11 by Ryorry

Can't resist getting a dig in re "lefties".

Tbf, there've been plenty of digs about "righties" on here lately*, so perhaps he's just trying to "level up" ...

*difference being those digs are justified.

You can take the boy out of the Tories, but you can’t take the Tory out of the boy!

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 22:07 - Jun 11 with 1194 viewsRyorry

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 19:50 - Jun 11 by Swansea_Blue

Wasn’t he an utter **** to Di? Apart from that, he’s always been seemingly the most woke of the bunch. On the face of it he seems genuinely interested in environment issues for example. But I don’t know enough about him though to know whether he’s genuine.

His words about the Rwanda policy aren’t especially surprising are they? You’d have to be a right *unt to support such an inhumane and probably illegal policy.

"On the face of it he seems genuinely interested in environment issues for example. But I don’t know enough about him though to know whether he’s genuine."

He was way ahead of his time in flagging up concern over the environment in the 1960s, long before most people were aware of it or it became fashionable, & has been passionately campaigning to protect it ever since - totally genuine.

Courageous in sticking to his guns on the issue, despite being attacked, ignored or laughed at for it, which is a real shame. If only people had listened earlier ...

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 07:17 - Jun 12 with 1052 viewsKeno

Just a little thought his family own a feck off big house in the centre of London that doesn’t get used much, maybe they could offer to use it to house some refugees instead of them being sent to Rwanda.

That would p1ss Patel off a treat, which in my book would be worth it
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 7:18]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 09:58 - Jun 12 with 949 viewsBlueNomad

Hunt is in the Express this morning - warning Charles to be “very careful.”
I always thought Charles was a good egg on 09:59 - Jun 12 with 947 viewsKeno

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 09:58 - Jun 12 by BlueNomad

Hunt is in the Express this morning - warning Charles to be “very careful.”

If Hunt has to drive through any tunnels in the near future perhaps he should be very careful

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 10:00]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 10:23 - Jun 12 with 923 viewsThe_Major

Fact of the matter is, if the Queen herself made some oblique reference to not being impressed with it (Remember the "EU" hat at the State Opening of Parliament a couple of years ago?), than the rags like the Mail and the Express who a week ago were elevating her to deity status would be comparing her to Charles I.

Besides which, if you had a policy that had been criticised and/or condemned by the UN, the C of E, and the heir to the throne, wouldn't you stop for a minute and say "Hmmm. Might have misjudged this one, lads."
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 10:24]
I always thought Charles was a good egg on 10:28 - Jun 12 with 900 viewsBlueNomad

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 10:23 - Jun 12 by The_Major

Fact of the matter is, if the Queen herself made some oblique reference to not being impressed with it (Remember the "EU" hat at the State Opening of Parliament a couple of years ago?), than the rags like the Mail and the Express who a week ago were elevating her to deity status would be comparing her to Charles I.

Besides which, if you had a policy that had been criticised and/or condemned by the UN, the C of E, and the heir to the throne, wouldn't you stop for a minute and say "Hmmm. Might have misjudged this one, lads."
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 10:24]

Patel stop and think?? I don’t think so.
I always thought Charles was a good egg on 17:46 - Jun 12 with 787 viewsMattinLondon

I always thought Charles was a good egg on 19:07 - Jun 11 by GlasgowBlue

Don’t say lefty ffs. You’ll have Matinlondon on your case.

No he wouldn’t. It’s not the term ‘lefty’ that I had an issue with its that you used that term to try and make a point.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 18:43]
I always thought Charles was a good egg on 17:56 - Jun 12 with 777 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

No issue here for anyone to get upset about is there?

The Royal family should stay out of politics is the standard position - Charles has it seems "Prince Charles has privately criticised the government’s policy"

Just because he's a member of the Royal family doesn't make him wrong though. No left/right political points, just a humanitarian one.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024