Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things really have changed at ITFC 13:04 - Jun 11 with 2270 viewscbower

Transfer business is conducted very differently now. With the exception of the pursuit of Matt Crooks and the withdrawal from the Michael Jacobs deal, barely any rumours turn out to be true, signings seeemingly come out of the blue (of course they don"t) and business feels swift (from a fan perspective). I like it. Rumours don't interest me nearly as much. Just wait for the TWTD imminent announcement and Bob's your uncle!

bluescouser

Things really have changed at ITFC on 13:18 - Jun 11 with 2147 viewsNthQldITFC

That's true, I think. I haven't heard a single rumour about Sadio Mané coming here, so keep it quiet but I think it might be happening.

Edit: Doh! That's ruined that one, sorry.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2022 13:19]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Things really have changed at ITFC on 13:19 - Jun 11 with 2136 viewsunbelievablue

It is very refreshing. Bet Phil is tearing his hair out (figuratively of course). Less site traffic?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Things really have changed at ITFC on 13:24 - Jun 11 with 2093 viewsBlueBadger

Things really have changed at ITFC on 13:19 - Jun 11 by unbelievablue

It is very refreshing. Bet Phil is tearing his hair out (figuratively of course). Less site traffic?

Quick! Someone start a thread about Jeremy Corbyn!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Things really have changed at ITFC on 15:09 - Jun 11 with 1798 viewsLeaky

Things really have changed at ITFC on 13:24 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

Quick! Someone start a thread about Jeremy Corbyn!

Is he on a free transfer, could solve the left wing issue
Things really have changed at ITFC on 15:24 - Jun 11 with 1769 viewsPhilTWTD

Evans, Celina, Harper, we reported all three of those well ahead of them signing last year, probably others, those three off the top of my head, so not sure things have been that much different. Actually think there was more gossip floating about last summer than any previous year, although to an extent because we made 19 signings.

And because players didn't ultimately sign, that doesn't mean there wasn't something in rumours, Sonny Bradley being an example.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Things really have changed at ITFC on 16:14 - Jun 11 with 1581 viewsitfcjoe

Things really have changed at ITFC on 15:24 - Jun 11 by PhilTWTD

Evans, Celina, Harper, we reported all three of those well ahead of them signing last year, probably others, those three off the top of my head, so not sure things have been that much different. Actually think there was more gossip floating about last summer than any previous year, although to an extent because we made 19 signings.

And because players didn't ultimately sign, that doesn't mean there wasn't something in rumours, Sonny Bradley being an example.

This post has been edited by an administrator

That’s how I’m seeing it too, less news because less being done

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Things really have changed at ITFC on 16:20 - Jun 11 with 1552 viewsPhilTWTD

Things really have changed at ITFC on 16:14 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

Indeed, and still relatively early in the summer. Actually fairly unusual to have made signings at this point. Often free transfers didn't get announced until July 1st.
Things really have changed at ITFC on 16:40 - Jun 11 with 1460 viewscbower

Point taken Phil about some deals not coming off. Certainly wasn"t any slight at your journalistic skills in finding things out !

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Things really have changed at ITFC on 16:46 - Jun 11 with 1435 viewsPhilTWTD

Things really have changed at ITFC on 16:40 - Jun 11 by cbower

Point taken Phil about some deals not coming off. Certainly wasn"t any slight at your journalistic skills in finding things out !

Didn't take it as one but I don't think the situation with rumours has changed that much. We probably have fewer stories about us in the national papers and websites as we're in League One than would have been the case a couple of years ago.
Things really have changed at ITFC on 16:47 - Jun 11 with 1434 viewsPioneerBlue

Starting from a position where we have a good 15-18 decent first team squad is entirely different to the way we entered and progressed through preseason last time around. This time it’s more challenging, we are looking for high quality additions likely to be first choice in their team at L1 or costly at championship level. I’m set for these deals to take time.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Things really have changed at ITFC on 17:34 - Jun 11 with 1280 viewsgtsb1966

Quality not quantity hopefully.
Things really have changed at ITFC on 17:35 - Jun 11 with 1276 viewsBigCommon

Getting Burns and Woolfy committed is a shrewd move. May well have been some unwanted noise coming their way... Would like to see these Morsy rumours kicked into touch, in the same way... The two, swift, free transfers, look like good business.. Other targets may be part of a chain, if they need replacing at their existing clubs. So could well take a few weeks or more to complete.. A lot of teams will be juggling , right up to deadline day. I'm hoping we are done and dusted well before that. So we can just get on with the football..... Easy to get our heads turned by the rumor mill, whilst there's not much going on.. Lessons to be learned from last year.. Quality, not quantity, needed this year...
Things really have changed at ITFC on 17:38 - Jun 11 with 1256 viewsPioneerBlue

Things really have changed at ITFC on 17:35 - Jun 11 by BigCommon

Getting Burns and Woolfy committed is a shrewd move. May well have been some unwanted noise coming their way... Would like to see these Morsy rumours kicked into touch, in the same way... The two, swift, free transfers, look like good business.. Other targets may be part of a chain, if they need replacing at their existing clubs. So could well take a few weeks or more to complete.. A lot of teams will be juggling , right up to deadline day. I'm hoping we are done and dusted well before that. So we can just get on with the football..... Easy to get our heads turned by the rumor mill, whilst there's not much going on.. Lessons to be learned from last year.. Quality, not quantity, needed this year...

The good thing this time is even if we are forced to trade through to close of TW we have a solid base of players that know each other plus the recent additions ready for preseason and opening weeks of campaign.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024