Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK GDP figures for April are bad 07:37 - Jun 13 with 1545 viewsSteve_M

Just the time to start a trade war with the EU for nakedly political reasons.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 08:01 - Jun 13 with 1453 viewsKeno

but we have taken back control of our borders .....

well thats if you dont include the only land border we have which we have moved into the sea and in the process potentially alienated part of the country creating the risk to a return to a what is to all intense and purposes a civil war

but hold on, we have our passports back,,,,,,,

well they are made abroad and the dept dealing with them is so inefficient no one can get one

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 08:07 - Jun 13 with 1430 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yes but perpetual growth on a finite planet is great or something. Time for a reset.....still. Or off to space or something!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 08:08 - Jun 13 with 1433 viewsGuthrum

Someone started a major European war on the back of a global pandemic while we're stuck with a government more concerned about personal wealth than strengthening society.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 08:15 - Jun 13 with 1403 viewsSteve_M

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 08:07 - Jun 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yes but perpetual growth on a finite planet is great or something. Time for a reset.....still. Or off to space or something!

Well the UK is currently running an experiment where economic growth doesn't happen, it's about 15 years so far, so we can see how that works out for us all.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 08:24 - Jun 13 with 1377 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 08:15 - Jun 13 by Steve_M

Well the UK is currently running an experiment where economic growth doesn't happen, it's about 15 years so far, so we can see how that works out for us all.

So that's an experiment you can guarantee the pro corporate, pro globalism EU was never going to take. So all ends up we get f#cked it seems.

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 08:48 - Jun 13 with 1325 viewsgeg1992

Of course they're going to be bad.

Lots of free money given which helped the economy. Take away this money, followed by a war in Ukraine and a cost of living squeeze, things are going to get a lot worse IMO. Brexit has also had a massive impact. Working for an exporting company, it's been absolutely devastating.

I was speaking to a taxi driver on Saturday. He was saying that he and many others are really struggling with getting any business. He was considering getting a second job just to survive. Also, the restaurant I went to was empty, on a Saturday night! People are really starting to tighten their belts with the cost of living spiralling out of control.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 10:20]

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Spain temp bonkers, Houston temp bonkers... and its June on 08:56 - Jun 13 with 1282 viewsunstableblue

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 08:07 - Jun 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

My colleague is form Rioja, and went to see parents, 3 days of 40C+ in June...

USA- USA - USA heat domes kicking off again.. and a chance they'll re-elect climate denier in chief!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Spain temp bonkers, Houston temp bonkers... and its June on 09:04 - Jun 13 with 1247 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Spain temp bonkers, Houston temp bonkers... and its June on 08:56 - Jun 13 by unstableblue

My colleague is form Rioja, and went to see parents, 3 days of 40C+ in June...

USA- USA - USA heat domes kicking off again.. and a chance they'll re-elect climate denier in chief!

It was nonsense before climate change too.

Login to get fewer ads

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 10:16 - Jun 13 with 1153 viewsWeWereZombies

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 08:48 - Jun 13 by geg1992

Lots of free money given which helped the economy. Take away this money, followed by a war in Ukraine and a cost of living squeeze, things are going to get a lot worse IMO. Brexit has also had a massive impact. Working for an exporting company, it's been absolutely devastating.

I was speaking to a taxi driver on Saturday. He was saying that he and many others are really struggling with getting any business. He was considering getting a second job just to survive. Also, the restaurant I went to was empty, on a Saturday night! People are really starting to tighten their belts with the cost of living spiralling out of control.

You almost got an uppie from me...but you said there was a war in Russia. I think you will find that it is almost exclusively in Ukraine.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 10:17 - Jun 13 with 1140 viewsWeWereZombies

Forget the GDP, how is our doughnut doing?

https://doughnuteconomics.org/

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 10:20 - Jun 13 with 1122 viewsgeg1992

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 10:16 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

You almost got an uppie from me...but you said there was a war in Russia. I think you will find that it is almost exclusively in Ukraine.

I hadn't woken up properly yet - corrected! :)

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 10:46 - Jun 13 with 1072 viewsfactual_blue

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 08:01 - Jun 13 by Keno

but we have taken back control of our borders .....

well thats if you dont include the only land border we have which we have moved into the sea and in the process potentially alienated part of the country creating the risk to a return to a what is to all intense and purposes a civil war

but hold on, we have our passports back,,,,,,,

well they are made abroad and the dept dealing with them is so inefficient no one can get one

I really, really hope there are some impatient brexiteers in the passport control queue next to me at Naples airport a fortnight today....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 10:55 - Jun 13 with 1059 viewsEwan_Oozami

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 10:17 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

Forget the GDP, how is our doughnut doing?

https://doughnuteconomics.org/

Aren't doughnuts three-dimensional though?

What about all the other normals outside the 2-D space? Where are they?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 11:18 - Jun 13 with 988 viewsitfcjoe

Construction is going to collapse - the big boys will be fine as always as they bully their way to big margins but with labour going throught he roof, materials going through the roof and building regs changes making jobs higher specced and more expensive no one will dare to do anything

And when extensions his £2.5K + VAT a square metre everyone will keep their money in their pockets with the economy collapsing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 11:27 - Jun 13 with 970 viewsKeno

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 10:46 - Jun 13 by factual_blue

I really, really hope there are some impatient brexiteers in the passport control queue next to me at Naples airport a fortnight today....

I shall wave as I walk pass them

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 11:30 - Jun 13 with 956 viewsfactual_blue

And I shall tell them that this is what they voted for.

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 12:51 - Jun 13 with 893 viewsWeWereZombies

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 10:55 - Jun 13 by Ewan_Oozami

Aren't doughnuts three-dimensional though?

What about all the other normals outside the 2-D space? Where are they?

Doughnuts have to be three dimensional being, as they are, a model for the three dimensional biosphere.

So all life on Earth is intended to be represented by the doughnut model. Just remember what George Box said though - 'All models are wrong but some are useful.'

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 13:01 - Jun 13 with 862 viewsfactual_blue

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 11:27 - Jun 13 by Keno

I shall wave as I walk pass them

Don't drop the pig from under your arm.

#turaluralura

#fiddleydee

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 13:03 - Jun 13 with 859 viewsHackneyblueboy

Does anyone on this board actually still think Brexit is a good idea. I see Rhys-Mogg is still struggling to find any opportunities other than something to do with vacuum cleaners.

Surely a discussion about rejoining the single market is inevitable in the next 5-10 years. The only thing I see Brexiteers clinging on to is the whole it's going to take time for the true benefits to be seen. Once that is proven to be an illusion surely we will need to recognise our wrong doing.
UK GDP figures for April are bad on 13:46 - Jun 13 with 790 viewsHARRY10

"Working for an exporting company, it's been absolutely devastating."

'A few miles away in the small town of Bampton, near the Somerset border, John Wescott, a beef and sheep farmer who also runs a butcher’s shop in town, says Brexit has affected the export side of his business very badly — “it is all taking 10 times longer than it used to”, he says.'

I still find it incredible, what was obvious (ie the UK out of the EU), would mean it would be subject to the same rules as all other non EU countries, did not sink into the thickos heads.

The Lowestoft fish women wailing that Johnson lied to her. It is not that idiocy alone that is striking, but that the lies he told her were so obvious lies that even a child eating fish fingers would know they were lies.

Just as we now have farmers whining how bad it all is. These subsidy junkies believing tales of being freed from EU control would mean they could sell their products around the world. No thought to check what regulations would exist outside of the EU. No consideration as to whether they could actually compete against the US, Aus and NZ. No slight concern of how brexit would mean the lowering of standards, as a necessary tool to try to get back what the UK once had (see Aus/NZ), and how that would affect them.

The NUF did consistently warn them, but as with others they were all too willing to buy into the scam. Fck the rest of the country, and any related warnings, they were not their concern.

So expect a huge amount of whinging -by farmers after the Devon by election.

"As you sow, so shall you reap" says some book
UK GDP figures for April are bad on 14:30 - Jun 13 with 734 viewstractordownsouth

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 11:18 - Jun 13 by itfcjoe

Construction is going to collapse - the big boys will be fine as always as they bully their way to big margins but with labour going throught he roof, materials going through the roof and building regs changes making jobs higher specced and more expensive no one will dare to do anything

And when extensions his £2.5K + VAT a square metre everyone will keep their money in their pockets with the economy collapsing

Just what we need with the housing market already in dire straits

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 15:08 - Jun 13 with 684 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 14:30 - Jun 13 by tractordownsouth

Just what we need with the housing market already in dire straits

Housing market in 'Dire Straits' I feel is an exaggeration and I am tempted to say you still can not get 'Money for Nothing'. New houses, new warehousing, new factories are going up everywhere and the building industry is in as good a place as can be expected in these troubled economic times.

'The engineering and construction industry has made a significant recovery from the 2020 recession, but it has also experienced multiple headwinds that are expected to persist. 2022 should be another rewarding–but challenging–year, and the industry looks to be poised to capture growth opportunities.'

If house prices do fall by a few percentage points then that is fine by me - my granddaughters might just be able to get on the 'ladder'.
Spain temp bonkers, Houston temp bonkers... and its June on 15:13 - Jun 13 with 675 viewsjaykay

Spain temp bonkers, Houston temp bonkers... and its June on 09:04 - Jun 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

It was nonsense before climate change too.

to think some on here use to argue whether it was climate change or global warning

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

UK GDP figures for April are bad on 15:44 - Jun 13 with 641 viewsHARRY10

"The British Growers Association (BGA) reported that among that total are millions of lettuce heads. Others took to Twitter to highlight cases of crop destruction on a massive scale."

"A tweet by investigative journalist Luke Hanrahan showed a salad farm in Kent, where 150t of crop had been wasted due to labour shortages. The crop was in production at LJ Betts in Kent, and suggested 30% of this year’s potential output had been lost because of labour shortages.A tweet by investigative journalist Luke Hanrahan showed a salad farm in Kent, where 150t of crop had been wasted due to labour shortages. The crop was in production at LJ Betts in Kent, and suggested 30% of this year’s potential output had been lost because of labour shortages."

"And a report by The Times featured an onion grower who had ploughed down a field-scale crop worth £75,000 because only 60% of the worker vacancies had been filled."

The farmers blamed the labour shortage on Brexit immigration policy, which had aimed to replace eastern Europeans with British workers. But year after year, home recruitment has failed to draw in the numbers of workers needed." all qutes 13/06/21

That Farage and Johnson lied through their teeth, in contradiction of easily known information did not come as any surprise. That so many willingly ignored what was known still shocks.

You have the feeling, as in postwar France. Looking at those around you and not knowing if they were collaborators, sided with a foreign power (Russia in this case) against their own people. Their bleats of, they were not told, or that they were 'only obeying orders' similarly ring hollow. As they did over 75 years ago.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024