Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simpson 14:09 - Jun 13 with 2644 viewswrightsrightglove

Obviously Peterborough are saying they haven’t put in an offer yet but do we think we’ll get offers from the Championship? Can see it coming back to bite us if we sell to a promotion rival, not necessarily because I think he’s going to fire them to promotion but he’d be nailed on to be fired up against us and doing anything he can to prove a point. Think I’d rather take a bit less money with a bigger sell on percentage and sell to someone not in our league rather than selling to a rival.
Simpson on 14:11 - Jun 13 with 2605 viewsJ2BLUE

Less money for the sake of two games? I'd trust our defence to deal with him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Simpson on 14:14 - Jun 13 with 2554 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think there could be a player swap plus cash deal between the two sides. Who was that midfielder we were linked with?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Simpson on 14:37 - Jun 13 with 2408 viewsMediocre_Quick

Simpson on 14:14 - Jun 13 by FrimleyBlue

Think there could be a player swap plus cash deal between the two sides. Who was that midfielder we were linked with?

Taylor? Doubt they'd do a cash plus Taylor deal for Simpson considering he was one of their key players in the promotion season and throughout last years shambles of a season
Simpson on 14:38 - Jun 13 with 2395 viewsJ2BLUE

Simpson on 14:37 - Jun 13 by Mediocre_Quick

Taylor? Doubt they'd do a cash plus Taylor deal for Simpson considering he was one of their key players in the promotion season and throughout last years shambles of a season

Assume he means Simpson and a few million for Taylor.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Simpson on 14:44 - Jun 13 with 2345 viewsMediocre_Quick

Simpson on 14:38 - Jun 13 by J2BLUE

Assume he means Simpson and a few million for Taylor.

Either way, going off Darragh McAnthonys tweets about Taylor and Clarke-Harris, I don't think either of them are likely to be sold to a promotion rival in L1, and more to a top half Championship side if any come knocking for either player
Simpson on 14:45 - Jun 13 with 2328 viewsMattinLondon

He’s 20 and scored 9 goals in L2. Based on that alone its definitely realistic that a Championship club could decide to take a punt on him. What with the vast scouting networks that a lot of clubs have, he will be known to a lot of clubs. Guess in the next few weeks we’ll see whether any clubs are willing to take that punt.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 14:46]
Simpson on 14:45 - Jun 13 with 2328 viewsclive_baker

I honestly don't think there's any reason to fret about Simpson. He had a half decent loan spell at Swindon but he's a kid, yes he's built like a tank and has pace, but he's very raw, not great on the ball or with his back to goal and far from a natural footballer, which is perhaps unsurprising given his relatively late taking to the game. I don't really see where he would fit in to KM's system anyway even if he had a change of heart tomorrow and wanted to stay and fight for a place.

He's a real punt IMO if anyone wants to stump up and sort of serious cash for him, I would imagine we're looking at a few hundred k max. The priority should be to get ourselves a nice sell on fee incase he's kicks on significantly, and reinvest any funds into the here and now. I really wouldn't be losing any sleep over it regardless of who he joins.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Simpson on 16:26 - Jun 13 with 1999 viewsKieran_Knows

Luton made an offer for him in January, hence the contract stand off ever since. He wanted to make the move, but the club rejected the offer as wanted to give him a new deal and send him back to
Swindon for the rest of the season with the view to coming back this summer and fighting for a first team place here.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Simpson on 16:52 - Jun 13 with 1896 viewsmarkchips

Simpson on 16:26 - Jun 13 by Kieran_Knows

Luton made an offer for him in January, hence the contract stand off ever since. He wanted to make the move, but the club rejected the offer as wanted to give him a new deal and send him back to
Swindon for the rest of the season with the view to coming back this summer and fighting for a first team place here.

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I agree not that brilliant so take what we can get.
Simpson on 17:01 - Jun 13 with 1834 viewsPhilTWTD

Simpson on 16:26 - Jun 13 by Kieran_Knows

Not aware they made an offer in January but I do know they're very interested. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up there although Posh and Barnsley are also interested.
Simpson on 17:03 - Jun 13 with 1803 viewsFrimleyBlue

Simpson on 17:01 - Jun 13 by PhilTWTD

Not aware they made an offer in January but I do know they're very interested. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up there although Posh and Barnsley are also interested.

That's great Phil.
Now what about coming in.... what's the latest imminent transfer. Mata?, Parrot, weimann
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 17:08]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Simpson on 09:34 - Jun 16 with 1236 viewswrightsrightglove

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/peterborough-enquire-about-itfc

Feel like this is sensible
Simpson on 09:39 - Jun 16 with 1213 viewsStokieBlue

Town should worry more about what we are going to do and less about what other clubs or players are going to do.

Focus on ourselves, make the right decisions on the squad, let McKenna work the training and tactics and push on.

We should stop caring entirely what other clubs are doing, we should be good enough to do our own thing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Simpson on 09:45 - Jun 16 with 1176 viewsmarkchips

Simpson on 09:39 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

Town should worry more about what we are going to do and less about what other clubs or players are going to do.

Focus on ourselves, make the right decisions on the squad, let McKenna work the training and tactics and push on.

We should stop caring entirely what other clubs are doing, we should be good enough to do our own thing.

SB

Well said- when is a proper left back arriving rather then Penney the fairy ?
Simpson on 09:48 - Jun 16 with 1164 viewsStokieBlue

Simpson on 09:45 - Jun 16 by markchips

Well said- when is a proper left back arriving rather then Penney the fairy ?

Is that the pronoun that Penney wants to use?

I'm glad to see Town being fully inclusive on this matter.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Simpson on 10:00 - Jun 16 with 1113 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Simpson on 14:45 - Jun 13 by MattinLondon

He’s 20 and scored 9 goals in L2. Based on that alone its definitely realistic that a Championship club could decide to take a punt on him. What with the vast scouting networks that a lot of clubs have, he will be known to a lot of clubs. Guess in the next few weeks we’ll see whether any clubs are willing to take that punt.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 14:46]

9 goals in the league in which Sears and Drinan had been prolific last season so hard to tell if that is enough for any Championship to take a risk. League One most likely though.
Simpson on 10:25 - Jun 16 with 1058 viewsDecageBruce

I saw him in 4 games for Swindon and in reality he was a bully boy against some of the weaker centre backs. His touch wasn’t great and he wasn’t really the focal point of any ‘football’ but rather the target of some long balls and something to chase.

Personally I think he is believing his own hype a tad and am not particularly convinced he will be a decent player above league 1 however, as with any young player, I hope I am wrong and he goes into good things
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024