Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Purrington 16:43 - Jun 13 with 3649 viewsle2blue

Just left Charlton, LWB, represented by our favourite agent....hmmm.
Ben Purrington on 16:52 - Jun 13 with 3557 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Is this fur really? Any risk he'd be a catastrophe? You putting 2 and 2 together or have you heard a whisker? Sounds purrrrfect to me but is he feline the Town vibe ans do we have room in the kitty for him?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Ben Purrington on 17:01 - Jun 13 with 3469 viewsOwainG1992

This is funny.
I've literally just gone to put a post about Purrington potentially joining.
Charlton based mate of mine is a big fan and "rumours" have suggested we might be looking.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Ben Purrington on 17:19 - Jun 13 with 3341 viewsKeno

Ben Purrington on 16:52 - Jun 13 by BlueandTruesince82

Is this fur really? Any risk he'd be a catastrophe? You putting 2 and 2 together or have you heard a whisker? Sounds purrrrfect to me but is he feline the Town vibe ans do we have room in the kitty for him?

I have a feline you are trying to make a pun but I don’t get the links

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ben Purrington on 17:29 - Jun 13 with 3273 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Ben Purrington on 17:19 - Jun 13 by Keno

I have a feline you are trying to make a pun but I don’t get the links

Surely you mean the Lynx my friend

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Ben Purrington on 17:30 - Jun 13 with 3271 viewsVic

I heard the rumour, but understand any move is pawsed at the moment

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Ben Purrington on 17:30 - Jun 13 with 3255 viewswkj

Purrington might be a really good fit in our big gaping hole of a left back position. I wouldn't hate this at all if we did go in for him.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ben Purrington on 17:47 - Jun 13 with 3135 viewsArnieM

Nothing like having some Dreamies I s’ppose ..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ben Purrington on 18:01 - Jun 13 with 3047 viewsBseaBlue

Always seems to land on his feet!
Login to get fewer ads

Ben Purrington on 18:13 - Jun 13 with 2978 viewsChurchman

Sounds a bit of a tall tail to me
Ben Purrington on 18:19 - Jun 13 with 2923 viewswrightsrightglove

Ben Purrington on 17:01 - Jun 13 by OwainG1992

This is funny.
I've literally just gone to put a post about Purrington potentially joining.
Charlton based mate of mine is a big fan and "rumours" have suggested we might be looking.

Sounds like he’s milking this contract situation for all it’s worth
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 18:20]
Ben Purrington on 18:31 - Jun 13 with 2848 viewsmrshallisfit

Ben Purrington on 18:01 - Jun 13 by BseaBlue

Always seems to land on his feet!

I've heard he is a bit of a pussy hound.
Ben Purrington on 20:54 - Jun 13 with 2567 viewsTomTheWriter

Defensively sound, but poor going forward. reminds me of pretty much every left-back we've had since Aaron Cresswell. Honestly, Penney has been better going forward than Purrington this season.

BUT, it all depends on if McKenna wants to go aggressive on the left, or play it safe. For me, you just need to watch what FGR did in L2 last season with their wing-backs. Both aggressive, both direct, both dominated the league. Let their defence and holding midfielder do the defending. We have Dom Ball now who can cover the back-line, meaning we can afford to have a left wing-back who goes forward as well as Wes, with JD/Edmundson, Ball, Wolf & Edmundson/Ndaba as a makeshift back 4 on the halfway line.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Ben Purrington on 21:11 - Jun 13 with 2490 viewswrightsrightglove

Ben Purrington on 20:54 - Jun 13 by TomTheWriter

Defensively sound, but poor going forward. reminds me of pretty much every left-back we've had since Aaron Cresswell. Honestly, Penney has been better going forward than Purrington this season.

BUT, it all depends on if McKenna wants to go aggressive on the left, or play it safe. For me, you just need to watch what FGR did in L2 last season with their wing-backs. Both aggressive, both direct, both dominated the league. Let their defence and holding midfielder do the defending. We have Dom Ball now who can cover the back-line, meaning we can afford to have a left wing-back who goes forward as well as Wes, with JD/Edmundson, Ball, Wolf & Edmundson/Ndaba as a makeshift back 4 on the halfway line.

This was my thinking re: Ball but Phil seemed to get the impression we’re not after a left sided Burns. I’d love us to have Burns on one wing and a similar player bombing up and down the left!
Ben Purrington on 22:01 - Jun 13 with 2324 viewsbluestandard

Ben Purrington on 18:31 - Jun 13 by mrshallisfit

I've heard he is a bit of a pussy hound.

Leave miaow-t of this one……
Ben Purrington on 22:09 - Jun 13 with 2265 viewsWeWereZombies

Ben Purrington on 16:52 - Jun 13 by BlueandTruesince82

Not had a player like this since Tabby...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ben Purrington on 19:56 - Jun 29 with 1640 viewsMatt_Netherlands

He’s been whiskered off north of the border…

Ben Purrington on 20:40 - Jun 29 with 1421 viewsjudespiveyg

Ben Purrington on 20:54 - Jun 13 by TomTheWriter

Tyrone Mings was insane going forward, didn't have the delivery of Cresswell but for me was better going forward. Don't let the fact he's ended up as a centre half cloud the fact he was an unreal attacking full back for Town.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Ben Purrington on 14:39 - Jun 30 with 801 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Ben Purrington on 20:40 - Jun 29 by judespiveyg

Tyrone Mings was insane going forward, didn't have the delivery of Cresswell but for me was better going forward. Don't let the fact he's ended up as a centre half cloud the fact he was an unreal attacking full back for Town.

Recovery speed was amazing too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024