Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Erling Haaland.. 01:38 - Jun 14 with 2066 viewsBigCommon

Huge fan of Haaland.. The kid is a beast. Physically, he reminds me of Drogba in his prime You knew he was going to be something special, when he was banging in Champions League goals for fun, as a teenager, for RB Salzburg... £51 M, for a 21 year old phenomenon, on a 5 year deal.. That's like, the deal of the century, for City, imo... Assuming they both stay fit, you can see De Bruyne pulling the strings and Haaland scoring for fun next season... Some players take a bit of adjusting to The Prem'.. Can't see that being a problem to Haaland. He's a physical specimen. And he could be, the final piece to Man Cities, Champions league, jigsaw, too.... They are going to take some stopping with their new boy on board.... We've had the Messi/ C Ronaldo debate forever.. I guess now , it's the Mbappe-Haaland debate for the next decade... For me, I'd rather have Haaland in my team, if I had to chose between the two.. He's got everything, and he's quick for a big guy, too. Very quick.. Looking forward to seeing him play, in The Prem'.. Think he's going to rip it up..
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 1:39]
Erling Haaland.. on 06:52 - Jun 14 with 1856 viewsVeggie

It would be quite amusing if he was a huge flop though
Erling Haaland.. on 07:07 - Jun 14 with 1834 viewslazyblue

Couldn’t careless to be honest who Man City buy or sell.
Erling Haaland.. on 08:51 - Jun 14 with 1654 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Will need another 3-4 years before we know whether MBappe and Haaland are in the same bracket as Ronaldo and Messi.

Looking forward to seeing Haaland in the Prem.

Although he cost £51m, you can bet there was another £50+ in Agents and signing on fees.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Erling Haaland.. on 08:59 - Jun 14 with 1627 viewsrickw

I'm not so sure he'll be an instant success - few players are in their first season at Man City - Mahrez, Rodri, Cancelo, Grealish all struggled to make an impact in their first season there.

Man City will also need to adapt to playing with a striker again and playing to his strengths - people thought Lukaku was the final piece for Chelsea, but hasn't worked. I'm sure it will work as he's too good for it not to, but it might not be straight away

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Erling Haaland.. on 09:13 - Jun 14 with 1580 viewsblueasfook

Maybe this would be better posted on a Man City board?

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Erling Haaland.. on 09:18 - Jun 14 with 1560 viewsRobTheMonk

Erling Haaland.. on 09:13 - Jun 14 by blueasfook

Maybe this would be better posted on a Man City board?

Last time I checked, this section was for football related chat...
Erling Haaland.. on 09:36 - Jun 14 with 1513 viewsSamWhiteUK

You want to get your keyboard looked at, mate. Punctuation appears to be broken. Thought I was having an aneurysm for a second.
Erling Haaland.. on 09:59 - Jun 14 with 1454 viewsblueasfook

Erling Haaland.. on 09:18 - Jun 14 by RobTheMonk

Last time I checked, this section was for football related chat...

Last time I checked, this was an Ipswich Town related board...

Cheers,
Blueas

TWTD Veteran

Login to get fewer ads

Erling Haaland.. on 10:16 - Jun 14 with 1402 viewsRobTheMonk

Erling Haaland.. on 09:59 - Jun 14 by blueasfook

Last time I checked, this was an Ipswich Town related board...

Cheers,
Blueas

An Ipswich Town board... with a general football section...
Erling Haaland.. on 10:17 - Jun 14 with 1400 viewsJ2BLUE

Kane must be livid.

In a world of inflated fees there's one that comes along every once in a while that just seems too cheap. Like this one.

I'm sure it looks much less of a deal once a 5 year bumper contract is added on but the actual fee is decent.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Erling Haaland.. on 10:36 - Jun 14 with 1365 viewschicoazul

I don’t really know why as there is zero evidence for this but I think he’s going to flop big time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Erling Haaland.. on 10:42 - Jun 14 with 1339 viewsvilanovablue

Erling Haaland.. on 10:36 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

I don’t really know why as there is zero evidence for this but I think he’s going to flop big time.

I'm expecting him to be less spectacular in the premiership than people anticipate.
Erling Haaland.. on 10:49 - Jun 14 with 1330 viewsblueasfook

Erling Haaland.. on 10:16 - Jun 14 by RobTheMonk

An Ipswich Town board... with a general football section...

Nobody here likes Man City. Sorry.

TWTD Veteran

Erling Haaland.. on 13:19 - Jun 14 with 1194 viewsGeoffSentence

Erling Haaland.. on 07:07 - Jun 14 by lazyblue

Couldn’t careless to be honest who Man City buy or sell.

You should do, when we come up against them in the league in a couple of years time, he'll be in his prime.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Erling Haaland.. on 13:50 - Jun 14 with 1152 viewsSuperblue95

Erling Haaland.. on 10:42 - Jun 14 by vilanovablue

I'm expecting him to be less spectacular in the premiership than people anticipate.

Players coming to the prem from the continent never replicate the same sensational scoring records.

Largely down to the fact that the other top European leagues have teams of a much much weaker standard in the top flight.

I do still expect him to be a success though. Norway seem more of a force in the past couple of years too presumably because of him.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Erling Haaland.. on 13:56 - Jun 14 with 1127 viewsKitman

We are Ipswich. I couldn't give two shiny $h ytes about Manchester City

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Erling Haaland.. on 15:13 - Jun 14 with 1079 viewsDinDjarin

I have zero interest in the premiership least of all an empty entity of a club like City.

Peps failure to win a CL with the hundreds of millions he has spent at different clubs is hilarious. The most over rated manager ever.
Erling Haaland.. on 20:22 - Jun 14 with 917 viewsBigCommon

Erling Haaland.. on 13:56 - Jun 14 by Kitman

We are Ipswich. I couldn't give two shiny $h ytes about Manchester City

Hear what you are saying.. But it wasn't really a post about City.. More about Haaland... I'm in my 50's. Seen a lot of different players over the years.. Every now and then, someone special comes along... If you look at his goals per game, in Champions League, and Bundesliga.. He is a freak.. Can't see him being phased by Prem' league..
Erling Haaland.. on 20:25 - Jun 14 with 911 viewsBigCommon

Erling Haaland.. on 08:51 - Jun 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Will need another 3-4 years before we know whether MBappe and Haaland are in the same bracket as Ronaldo and Messi.

Looking forward to seeing Haaland in the Prem.

Although he cost £51m, you can bet there was another £50+ in Agents and signing on fees.

Don't think they'll be in the same bracket, tbf.... But they could possibly be considered the two best players of their generation..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024