Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who cares about the kit? 16:13 - Jun 14 with 1896 viewsDJR

Anyone else not interested in kits? I suppose I grew up at a time before modern kits, so the only kit I ever had was a blue cotton shirt with the Ipswich badge (pre-Suffolk Punch) sown on by my mum. I suppose I've never liked the material kits are made of (I much prefer cotton), and don't really like the idea of being a walking advertising hoarding. Having said that, I don't mind the Ed Sheeran logo because it is not clear what it means.
Who cares about the kit? on 16:16 - Jun 14 with 1673 viewsJ2BLUE

I like a nice kit. I'm not desperate for the unveiling like some but it's just part of the process and something to talk about. That bit closer to the new season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who cares about the kit? on 16:32 - Jun 14 with 1631 viewsMattinLondon

I do think that some people go over-the-top in terms of excitement about a new kit. But why not? Something to look forward to and all that.

I don’t understand why some on here seem to get upset at the thought of people over 18 wanting to buy and wear it. Suppose some on here try and not like things that aren’t popular.
Who cares about the kit? on 16:36 - Jun 14 with 1609 viewshype313

I've been continually disappointed since the 1986 vintage, both home and away.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Who cares about the kit? on 16:37 - Jun 14 with 1607 viewsDJR

Who cares about the kit? on 16:32 - Jun 14 by MattinLondon

I do think that some people go over-the-top in terms of excitement about a new kit. But why not? Something to look forward to and all that.

I don’t understand why some on here seem to get upset at the thought of people over 18 wanting to buy and wear it. Suppose some on here try and not like things that aren’t popular.

I have no problem with other people (whatever their age) wearing kits. If nothing else it makes stadiums much more colourful. It's just not something that tickles my particular fancy.
Who cares about the kit? on 16:40 - Jun 14 with 1581 viewsKropotkin123

In terms of the material, I prefer modern kits, as they are better for exercising in. I really like some of the concept kits posted a year ago. The black and gold one is great. I definitely buy it as another sports top to use.

I don't understand why some people feel the need to put others down for being interested in this part of football (not what you are doing, obviously).

I like the fact that Ed Sheeran sponsors us, as he is a Town fan. If I had his wealth, it is something that I'd love to do. After having scummy sponsors, like betting companies, I also would like to somewhat put my money where my mouth is and support these choices the club is making.

But, yeah, I agree in general about being a walking advertising board. It isn't for me, and I don't buy anything else that would have such advertising.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Who cares about the kit? on 16:40 - Jun 14 with 1577 viewswkj

It's not the kit I am excited for explicitly, its more that its marking the start of the pre season that I enjoy

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who cares about the kit? on 16:55 - Jun 14 with 1536 viewsMattinLondon

Who cares about the kit? on 16:37 - Jun 14 by DJR

I have no problem with other people (whatever their age) wearing kits. If nothing else it makes stadiums much more colourful. It's just not something that tickles my particular fancy.

Wasn’t having a pop at you just I’ve read some posts of people being quite condescending to others who are interested in the new kit.
Who cares about the kit? on 17:12 - Jun 14 with 1481 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Not really bothered but its always good to have a nice kit, bring back v necks with red laces I say

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Who cares about the kit? on 17:39 - Jun 14 with 1436 viewsMetal_Hacker

I think it’s great to see what our “heroes” are gonna be wearing each season

I’m in my 50’s and have always nee excited by it since I was a kid , just a little differently now

Killjoys I ask ya 🙄

Life’s too short to have a go at someone who’s excited or not - live a little chaps

Poll: If it were one or the other

Who cares about the kit? on 19:38 - Jun 14 with 1318 viewsDJR

Who cares about the kit? on 16:55 - Jun 14 by MattinLondon

Wasn’t having a pop at you just I’ve read some posts of people being quite condescending to others who are interested in the new kit.

I didn't think you were taking a pot. I was just trying to clarify that my OP wasn't meant to be anti-people interested in kits. Indeed, my son is somewhat obsessed with purchasing often obscure foreign kits.
Who cares about the kit? on 20:16 - Jun 14 with 1281 viewsnorfsufblue

Who cares about the kit? on 19:38 - Jun 14 by DJR

I didn't think you were taking a pot. I was just trying to clarify that my OP wasn't meant to be anti-people interested in kits. Indeed, my son is somewhat obsessed with purchasing often obscure foreign kits.

Does he have the cool Athletico Mineiro one?
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1217135606/brand-new-20212022-atletico-mineiro-a
Who cares about the kit? on 20:26 - Jun 14 with 1260 viewsChurchman

Not bothered as long as the shirts are royal blue and they’re not mucked about with v shaded shapes, red bands, wavy white sections, red arm stripes, bootlace collars, badge within a badge, there has been some horrors. I loved the pre pre mid 80s classic kits. They were distinctive and stylish.

Ok, if fashion dictates you have to have abominations like last year’s Forest away kit, pink and grey, vomit yellow and green or the Ipswich brown and green effort in the 90s, keep that to the away kit. I confess I did like the cream and black striped effort, mind. Orange away kits were good too.

But then I’m a boring old traditionalist.
Who cares about the kit? on 20:26 - Jun 14 with 1258 viewsVeggie

I care about the kits. I don’t really know why, because I’m too old to wear one these days. But I still get excited to know what the new kit will look like, especially as this year is from a new supplier. My first ITFC kit was in my opinion the best - the pinstripe adidas 81/82 version. Loved that kit as a kid. Wish I still had it (even though it wouldn’t fit me now of course). 2nd favourite kits are the early nineties promotion kit (blue and orange versions). I had all these and more. I just wish I’d kept hold of them.
Who cares about the kit? on 20:51 - Jun 14 with 1210 viewsDJR

Who cares about the kit? on 20:16 - Jun 14 by norfsufblue

Does he have the cool Athletico Mineiro one?
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1217135606/brand-new-20212022-atletico-mineiro-a

It is cool. He likes it but doesn't have it.
Who cares about the kit? on 20:57 - Jun 14 with 1185 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Who cares about the kit? on 20:51 - Jun 14 by DJR

It is cool. He likes it but doesn't have it.

On KOA I think one of the guys has it and said it doesn't look nearly as good in the flesh as it were

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Who cares about the kit? on 21:03 - Jun 14 with 1160 viewsButterbing

I look forward to seeing the new kit but I really don’t get the daily “where is the kit” posts on here. It’s interesting but not that exciting or interesting.
Who cares about the kit? on 21:06 - Jun 14 with 1151 viewsN2_Blue

Never cared at all.

I'm amazed how how much people seem to get excited by kit launches and then are nearly always disappointed. AT the end of the day its a football shirt, usually the same type of synthetic fabric and much like any other shirt but in our colours.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Who cares about the kit? on 21:09 - Jun 14 with 1141 viewsKropotkin123

Who cares about the kit? on 21:03 - Jun 14 by Butterbing

I look forward to seeing the new kit but I really don’t get the daily “where is the kit” posts on here. It’s interesting but not that exciting or interesting.

! WEAR EZ R KIT !

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Who cares about the kit? on 21:53 - Jun 14 with 1077 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Snap. As far as I’m concerned they can go all Clash 1977 and play in black bin liners if they get us out of this league

Poll: Our final position

Who cares about the kit? on 22:01 - Jun 14 with 1054 viewstextbackup

Kits don’t bother me in the slightest, I can’t believe the amount of messages and tweets about it.

Each to their own tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who cares about the kit? on 10:02 - Jun 15 with 842 viewsRimsy

I don't think it's a matter of caring or not. It's just something football related to chat about during the off season.

BlueBlood

Who cares about the kit? on 12:19 - Jun 15 with 760 viewsBonneNIL

I have always found it weird that some supporters look down on those buying the shirts as some sort of lower life with arrested development, when in fact they are pouring much-needed money into the club with the yearly purchase.

I hope everyone buys one, if even to just hang on the wall, it's worth serious money to the club.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Who cares about the kit? on 13:55 - Jun 15 with 672 viewsDJR

Who cares about the kit? on 12:19 - Jun 15 by BonneNIL

I have always found it weird that some supporters look down on those buying the shirts as some sort of lower life with arrested development, when in fact they are pouring much-needed money into the club with the yearly purchase.

I hope everyone buys one, if even to just hang on the wall, it's worth serious money to the club.

As the original poster, I wasn't looking down on people. What you say is totally valid. It's just that I choose to buy other things from the club shop for the reason you mention.
Who cares about the kit? on 15:10 - Jun 15 with 620 viewsronnyd

Who cares about the kit? on 20:57 - Jun 14 by BlueandTruesince82

On KOA I think one of the guys has it and said it doesn't look nearly as good in the flesh as it were

I suppose you could say "on the flesh" there.
Who cares about the kit? on 15:22 - Jun 15 with 603 viewsBonneNIL

Who cares about the kit? on 13:55 - Jun 15 by DJR

As the original poster, I wasn't looking down on people. What you say is totally valid. It's just that I choose to buy other things from the club shop for the reason you mention.

That's fair enough.

I hope the new season starts in a sea of blue and white from the stands, going absolutely ballistic.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024