Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing 21:31 - Jun 14 with 2627 viewsCopfordBlue

“You don’t know what you’re doing’ to a manager who has taken England to a World Cup semi final and Euro final, booing Maguire when a defence without him have let in 3, leaving early. Awful fans.

England have played poorly in a glorified friendly with a team that won’t be the one starts the World Cup. We’ll do well in Quatar, I’m sure of it.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:34 - Jun 14 with 2102 viewsWhos_blue

The state of it.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:35 - Jun 14 with 2093 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Football crowds, in particular international ones, are frequently embarrassing.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:35 - Jun 14 with 2088 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Indeed.

But lots of the fans dont like him because he can string a sentence together.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:36 - Jun 14 with 2075 viewsGarv

Our national team bores me to tears. I really don't care, I even have to try quite hard to get up for big tournaments.

But I don't go and watch them. So I'm with you, if you class yourself as a genuine England fan and decide to go and watch them, and you've seen the success we've had in the last two tournaments, you can't just suddenly turn on them.

If I had to guess I'd say they're all knackered after a long season and 4 games in 11 days.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:36 - Jun 14 with 2077 viewsN2_Blue

Doubt we'll get past QFs in Qatar

We are nothing special. Even with two great recent tournaments we've not really looked a side to fear and we've thrown away games we dominated and then sat back and went negative after going ahead, (WC SF v Croatia and EURO Final v Italy)

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:39 - Jun 14 with 2029 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:36 - Jun 14 by N2_Blue

We are nothing special. Even with two great recent tournaments we've not really looked a side to fear and we've thrown away games we dominated and then sat back and went negative after going ahead, (WC SF v Croatia and EURO Final v Italy)

We've not got a particularly creative team, and lack goal scorers except HK.

The squad is not as good as the likes of Sven and Fabio had, or even EL Tel's squad.

If anything, GS has over performed.

Sh1te by the players tonight though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:39 - Jun 14 with 2025 viewsLesta_Tractor

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:36 - Jun 14 by Garv

Our national team bores me to tears. I really don't care, I even have to try quite hard to get up for big tournaments.

But I don't go and watch them. So I'm with you, if you class yourself as a genuine England fan and decide to go and watch them, and you've seen the success we've had in the last two tournaments, you can't just suddenly turn on them.

If I had to guess I'd say they're all knackered after a long season and 4 games in 11 days.

I'm sure the England players are in need of a rest but surely the German, Hungarian and Italian players are also knackered after similarly long seasons?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:41 - Jun 14 with 1988 viewsjayessess

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:39 - Jun 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

We've not got a particularly creative team, and lack goal scorers except HK.

The squad is not as good as the likes of Sven and Fabio had, or even EL Tel's squad.

If anything, GS has over performed.

Sh1te by the players tonight though.

I rate Southgate's achievements to date, but tonight he got absolutely schooled by a better coach this evening, in exactly the same way that same coach schooled him a week ago.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:42 - Jun 14 with 1973 viewsCopfordBlue

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:36 - Jun 14 by N2_Blue

I agree that we were too negative after going ahead against Croatia in the WC semi and Italy in the Euro final but were you really thinking England weren’t a good team in the Euros against Denmark , Ukraine and Germany or during the qualification for the upcoming World Cup? If you were then fair enough but I think we’ve looked very decent against good opposition when it’s mattered far more in recent years than we have for decades.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:43 - Jun 14 with 1971 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:41 - Jun 14 by jayessess

I rate Southgate's achievements to date, but tonight he got absolutely schooled by a better coach this evening, in exactly the same way that same coach schooled him a week ago.

Not sure he did get schooled.

The players looked like they couldnt be bothered.

Also, Hungary were massively clinical.

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:43 - Jun 14 with 1972 viewsquirkie

Indeed albeit England did have an extremely easy ride in both of those tournaments, it won't happen a 3rd time.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:46 - Jun 14 with 1915 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:43 - Jun 14 by quirkie

Indeed albeit England did have an extremely easy ride in both of those tournaments, it won't happen a 3rd time.

As they did in WC 90 and Euro 96.

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:47 - Jun 14 with 1905 viewsSmithy

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:36 - Jun 14 by Garv

totally, England have been poor to watch for years, even in their runs in the last tournaments they have been turgid to watch, set up negatively, and somewhat lucky in certain games. How can a side that contains that amount of talent create so little and never look like scoring, its isnt just this game it's been coming for a while imo

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:47 - Jun 14 with 1880 viewsjayessess

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:43 - Jun 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure he did get schooled.

The players looked like they couldnt be bothered.

Also, Hungary were massively clinical.

People always say that. Most players hate losing competitive games and England were chasing that game for 60 minutes (and looked and behaved like they were chasing it). In 180 minutes they never worked out how to play through a team that pressed hard every time the ball went into midfield is all.

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:48 - Jun 14 with 1871 viewsN2_Blue

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:42 - Jun 14 by CopfordBlue

I agree that we were too negative after going ahead against Croatia in the WC semi and Italy in the Euro final but were you really thinking England weren’t a good team in the Euros against Denmark , Ukraine and Germany or during the qualification for the upcoming World Cup? If you were then fair enough but I think we’ve looked very decent against good opposition when it’s mattered far more in recent years than we have for decades.

I didn't say we weren't a good team in the Euros, but i would expect England to beat Ukraine, Denmark at any time, and that was a poor Germany team by their standards. But we beat them at that's all that mattered.

If we played Denmark or Ukraine tomorrow, i think we'd lose or draw at best. I couldn't see us beating either.

We've gone backwards and goal scoring is a massive problem for this team and Southgate doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of the creative players like Grealish, Foden, Saka, Sancho etc

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:49 - Jun 14 with 1866 viewsMetal_Hacker

Also big West Midlands issue with Wolves v Villa to be considered here

Plus the small minded Wolves fans of course

Anyway - plenty more pressing issues than this ridiculous “tournament “

Poll: If it were one or the other

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:53 - Jun 14 with 1784 viewsN2_Blue

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:49 - Jun 14 by Metal_Hacker

Also big West Midlands issue with Wolves v Villa to be considered here

Plus the small minded Wolves fans of course

Anyway - plenty more pressing issues than this ridiculous “tournament “

Funny how it becomes ridiculous when we've been crap. If we were beating Germany and Italy or were top of our group everyone would be say bring on the word cup.

Not such meaningless games if you think England play only two more games before World cup and we look clueless currently!

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:55 - Jun 14 with 1747 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:47 - Jun 14 by jayessess

People always say that. Most players hate losing competitive games and England were chasing that game for 60 minutes (and looked and behaved like they were chasing it). In 180 minutes they never worked out how to play through a team that pressed hard every time the ball went into midfield is all.

I agree, but on the second goal KP ambled back to his knees and didnt seem bothered to get back up.

Also didnt have any urgency for the 3rd goal.

...and Im a fan of KP.

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:55 - Jun 14 with 1749 viewsMetal_Hacker

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:53 - Jun 14 by N2_Blue

Funny how it becomes ridiculous when we've been crap. If we were beating Germany and Italy or were top of our group everyone would be say bring on the word cup.

Not such meaningless games if you think England play only two more games before World cup and we look clueless currently!

It’s a ridiculous round of games be honest

End of season , long season , fatigue , testing / trying new players , players minds are elsewhere etc etc

Whether it be beating Germany or losing to Hungary - same result for me = pointless and ridiculous

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:59 - Jun 14 with 1717 viewsjayessess

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:55 - Jun 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree, but on the second goal KP ambled back to his knees and didnt seem bothered to get back up.

Also didnt have any urgency for the 3rd goal.

...and Im a fan of KP.

the late collapse was probably one of those things. Everything that preceded it was a better-coached team with a better plan preventing a team with better players from imposing themselves on the game.

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 22:01 - Jun 14 with 1701 viewsN2_Blue

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:55 - Jun 14 by Metal_Hacker

It’s a ridiculous round of games be honest

End of season , long season , fatigue , testing / trying new players , players minds are elsewhere etc etc

Whether it be beating Germany or losing to Hungary - same result for me = pointless and ridiculous

But its the same for everyone else. Fatigue, end of season, whatever, England shouldn't be failing to win any of their games and losing 4-0 at home.

I don't give a crap about the competition, but if people think we are going to have a successful world cup I think they may be in for a bit of a shock. Even the group isn't a forgone conclusion.

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 22:02 - Jun 14 with 1684 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 21:59 - Jun 14 by jayessess

the late collapse was probably one of those things. Everything that preceded it was a better-coached team with a better plan preventing a team with better players from imposing themselves on the game.

AH well, onto the next one.

Most successful england manager since sir alf.

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 22:11 - Jun 14 with 1606 viewsMetal_Hacker

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 22:01 - Jun 14 by N2_Blue

But its the same for everyone else. Fatigue, end of season, whatever, England shouldn't be failing to win any of their games and losing 4-0 at home.

I don't give a crap about the competition, but if people think we are going to have a successful world cup I think they may be in for a bit of a shock. Even the group isn't a forgone conclusion.

Agree …..but it’s still ridiculous

This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 22:16 - Jun 14 with 1584 viewsChurchman

Rubbish games that shouldn’t be played. Glorified friendlies to bring £ in when a break would be far more useful.

However, England are still a long way from being up with the best teams. Not enough quality players to choose from because we don’t have enough in the PL and a manager who has done nothing in the game. Ok, a semi final and a Final people will say. I hear that, but we had an easy ride in both.

England international team are just not a priority in this country and tbh, never will be.
This Wolverhampton crowd are embarrassing on 22:17 - Jun 14 with 1572 viewswkj

I would say that tonight the crowd would be forgiven if they were chanting that at the players

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024