Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bersant Celina 15:06 - Jun 15 with 3751 viewsclive_baker

Where will he be playing ball next season?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bersant Celina on 15:14 - Jun 15 with 3234 viewsKieran_Knows

Back with us, hopefully.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bersant Celina on 15:43 - Jun 15 with 3156 viewsBiGDonnie

FPR!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Bersant Celina on 18:24 - Jun 15 with 2996 viewsITFC_Josh

Andy warren suggested we might be looking at other targets so might not be here
Bersant Celina on 18:34 - Jun 15 with 2973 viewsjayessess

Bersant Celina on 18:24 - Jun 15 by ITFC_Josh

Andy warren suggested we might be looking at other targets so might not be here

If Celina's there to be got strikes me as a pretty high risk strategy to be looking elsewhere. The pool of better attacking midfielders that are realistically in our range can't be that big...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bersant Celina on 18:45 - Jun 15 with 2955 viewsPhilTWTD

I know Preston had shown strong interest and at the time we hadn't offered anything, although still retain an interest. Definitely other people under consideration and we're in no hurry, seeing who might be available for us, as in whether players expected to join Championship clubs might not make those moves.
Bersant Celina on 18:51 - Jun 15 with 2906 viewsOwainG1992

Bersant Celina on 18:45 - Jun 15 by PhilTWTD

I know Preston had shown strong interest and at the time we hadn't offered anything, although still retain an interest. Definitely other people under consideration and we're in no hurry, seeing who might be available for us, as in whether players expected to join Championship clubs might not make those moves.

Cheers for the update on this Phil.
Celina is a big talent who clearly loves this club.
That being said I wouldn't be upset if we went down a different route.
Just feel we could do with more consistency.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Bersant Celina on 19:06 - Jun 15 with 2838 viewsjayessess

Bersant Celina on 18:51 - Jun 15 by OwainG1992

Cheers for the update on this Phil.
Celina is a big talent who clearly loves this club.
That being said I wouldn't be upset if we went down a different route.
Just feel we could do with more consistency.

I think we're going to find it incredibly difficult to get a new attacking midfielder we can be confident will contribute more consistently than Celina.

Celina notched a goal or an assist every 177 minutes. There's only a very small handful of attacking midfielders beating him on that last season and I suspect if you take out set pieces it drops to near enough 0.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 20:00]

Bersant Celina on 21:52 - Jun 15 with 2562 viewschicoazul

Ball.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Bersant Celina on 22:42 - Jun 15 with 2465 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Bersant Celina on 19:06 - Jun 15 by jayessess

I think we're going to find it incredibly difficult to get a new attacking midfielder we can be confident will contribute more consistently than Celina.

Celina notched a goal or an assist every 177 minutes. There's only a very small handful of attacking midfielders beating him on that last season and I suspect if you take out set pieces it drops to near enough 0.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 20:00]

Thank you.. Im not sure where this-pint about Celina being inconsistent have come from. Without him in the team, we looked much worse.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Bersant Celina on 22:51 - Jun 15 with 2448 viewsStokieBlue

Bersant Celina on 22:42 - Jun 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Thank you.. Im not sure where this-pint about Celina being inconsistent have come from. Without him in the team, we looked much worse.

It's a pre-determined narrative which many had when he joined. Unless he's involved every minute of every match, scoring and assisting then he's not in the game enough.

It's then wilfully ignored that he puts lots of chances on a plate for others who then miss them and thus people point to his stats (which are still good anyway) whilst ignoring the greater context which is that he can't actually control all of his own assist stats.

If we can get him, we clearly should. If we have a quality forward he will provide the chances.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bersant Celina on 23:01 - Jun 15 with 2397 viewsjayessess

Bersant Celina on 22:42 - Jun 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Realistically Celina the nearest thing to a dead cert we could sign in that position. Lot of talk about Morgan Rogers, for instance, but his only season at this level was less productive than Celina last year (despite playing in a better team). Bannan's put forward as the best AM in the division but again, his goal contributions were less regular than Santi's. Also, every reason to imagine with a good pre-season, consistent fitness and a better drilled collective around him, he'll find a higher level still.

We might find someone just as good or better, who fits McKenna's plan more, but amidst competition from Championship clubs it's going to be very tough.

Bersant Celina on 23:19 - Jun 15 with 2335 viewseireblue

Midfield, high up the field and very much in an attacking role, that would be my guess.
Bersant Celina on 00:05 - Jun 16 with 2245 viewsBigCommon

I hope he's here....I drew a line under Cook's reign, and judged players on what they did under McKenna... Cellina's fitness coupled with Cooks "way", imo, hampered his consistency a little in the first half of the season. He looked like he was being asked to do a lot more chasing about.. I think, once KM settled the side down and gave Bersant a clear role in that inside left pocket, plus , him, getting somewhere near full fitness. He was much more consistent.. Our left hand side in general, was less consistent than our right hand side. Had we had a solid LWB for Bersant to build a partnership with, and some more clinical finishing from the forwards. Then Bersants stats would be far more impressive, imo... Fingers crossed we see him again , this season..
Bersant Celina on 06:30 - Jun 16 with 2043 viewsChrisd

I think that speaks volumes. If KM was particularly interested then he’d make sure Celina was a top priority this summer. The fact we seem to be considering other options and in no great rush, appears to suggest that KM isn’t 100% convinced.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 7:05]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bersant Celina on 07:25 - Jun 16 with 1921 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bersant Celina on 06:30 - Jun 16 by Chrisd

I think that speaks volumes. If KM was particularly interested then he’d make sure Celina was a top priority this summer. The fact we seem to be considering other options and in no great rush, appears to suggest that KM isn’t 100% convinced.

If KM Is looking at alternatives. Does that mean he has a pre determined narrative when it comes to Celina?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bersant Celina on 07:50 - Jun 16 with 1878 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I think this is a little unfair on McK. Dijon paid £4m for Celina and he's out of contract next summer. It's entirely reasonable that they will want to recoup some of their fee, meaning Celina is likely to be the most expensive option available.

Makes perfect sense that the money guys would want McK to explore other options first, its not out of the question that Celina is indeed McK's no1 choice, but he's going through the motions first.

I'm sure, if there is a bid for Celina, we'd be in there too.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Bersant Celina on 07:56 - Jun 16 with 1852 viewsStokieBlue

Bersant Celina on 07:25 - Jun 16 by FrimleyBlue

If KM Is looking at alternatives. Does that mean he has a pre determined narrative when it comes to Celina?

Certainly not as predetermined as someone who would call a new manager "smarmy" after 45 seconds of their first press conference.

SB

Bersant Celina on 07:59 - Jun 16 with 1835 viewsStokieBlue

It speaks volumes that a manager sensibly assesses all the options available to them?

We have no idea on the Celina situation, perhaps Dijon are only willing to sell and not loan? Perhaps we will consider buying but depends how much a quality striker costs and thus we can't make any moves until after that position is secured?

These things aren't assessed as atomic events, they will all be correlated.

SB

Bersant Celina on 08:08 - Jun 16 with 1789 viewsDyland

At the mighty ITFC you big womble :)

If he's not here it will be because someone has made a better offer, and good luck to him.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bersant Celina on 08:31 - Jun 16 with 1710 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bersant Celina on 07:56 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

Certainly not as predetermined as someone who would call a new manager "smarmy" after 45 seconds of their first press conference.

SB

Poor effort

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bersant Celina on 08:34 - Jun 16 with 1699 viewsBiGDonnie

Bersant Celina on 07:25 - Jun 16 by FrimleyBlue

LOL - look at you trying to string together proper sentences!

COYBs

Bersant Celina on 08:36 - Jun 16 with 1673 viewsBiGDonnie

Bersant Celina on 08:31 - Jun 16 by FrimleyBlue

Poor effort

270 downvotes poor

COYBs

Bersant Celina on 08:37 - Jun 16 with 1662 viewsChrisd

Bersant Celina on 07:59 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

It speaks volumes that a manager sensibly assesses all the options available to them?

We have no idea on the Celina situation, perhaps Dijon are only willing to sell and not loan? Perhaps we will consider buying but depends how much a quality striker costs and thus we can't make any moves until after that position is secured?

These things aren't assessed as atomic events, they will all be correlated.

SB

It also suggests that it doesn’t mean that he’s an automatic choice which is suggested on here. If he was a prime target - loan or permanent - you’d be wanting to get that deal done asap before another club steps in.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 8:40]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bersant Celina on 08:42 - Jun 16 with 1642 viewsBiGDonnie

Bersant Celina on 08:37 - Jun 16 by Chrisd

It also suggests that it doesn’t mean that he’s an automatic choice which is suggested on here. If he was a prime target - loan or permanent - you’d be wanting to get that deal done asap before another club steps in.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 8:40]

Or simply suggests we're currently negotiating a fee for him?

COYBs

Bersant Celina on 08:43 - Jun 16 with 1624 viewsParky

Bradley Dack one of the other ones under consideration?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024