Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Wed sign Stockdale 16:03 - Jun 15 with 3234 viewsSmithy

Bonne/Chaplin gaffe aside this seems a massive downgrade from BPF

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 17:59 - Jun 15 with 2857 viewsEdmundo

They're getting their work done early. Must've had to release a few though, otherwise the salary cap will be pretty close to being breached.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:32 - Jun 15 with 2461 viewsParisBlue

He'll be 37 in September

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:35 - Jun 15 with 2445 viewsIllinoisblue

Odd signing, he’s about 10 years past his best.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:38 - Jun 15 with 2436 viewsPhilTWTD

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:35 - Jun 15 by Illinoisblue

When we were at Rotherham some of the local journos there said Wednesday aren't in the best place financially.
Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:39 - Jun 15 with 2412 viewsITFC_Forever

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:38 - Jun 15 by PhilTWTD

When we were at Rotherham some of the local journos there said Wednesday aren't in the best place financially.

Seem to remember reading that when they came down…. Straight back up or financial difficulties.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:41 - Jun 15 with 2399 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:38 - Jun 15 by PhilTWTD

Plenty of rumours up here that Wednesday are flying by the seat of their pants. Few of my Weds supporting mates aren’t too positive for next season

Poll: If it were one or the other

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:44 - Jun 15 with 2373 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He is definitely a downgrade on Peacock-Farrell but he is a very decent experienced keeper for this level.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 22:16 - Jun 15 with 2230 viewsArnieM

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:41 - Jun 15 by Metal_Hacker

Plenty of rumours up here that Wednesday are flying by the seat of their pants. Few of my Weds supporting mates aren’t too positive for next season

I think a lot of clubs are just one duff cheque or IR demand letter away from a financial meltdown tbh. The “ industry” is in a mess outside of the hallowed PL…..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 22:41 - Jun 15 with 2110 viewsChurchman

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:35 - Jun 15 by Illinoisblue

Agreed, he’s well past his best. It’s a good move for him, but a but of an odd one for them
Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 23:18 - Jun 15 with 1982 viewscatch74

On the subject of keepers Bazuna to Southampton for £15 million, wasn’t the best against us was he?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 06:36 - Jun 16 with 1694 viewsChrisd

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 23:18 - Jun 15 by catch74

On the subject of keepers Bazuna to Southampton for £15 million, wasn’t the best against us was he?

Players do have off games, look at England the other night. Doesn’t mean that he’s a bad keeper because he had a dodgy game against us. The fact he’s part of the Republic of Ireland set up - at his young age- suggests he’s very capable and obviously Southampton are prepared to take the gamble.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 07:35 - Jun 16 with 1531 viewstractordownsouth

I think Peacock-Farrell and Stockdale are both massively error prone. Wednesday having either keeper doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 08:43 - Jun 16 with 1378 viewscatch74

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 06:36 - Jun 16 by Chrisd

Players do have off games, look at England the other night. Doesn’t mean that he’s a bad keeper because he had a dodgy game against us. The fact he’s part of the Republic of Ireland set up - at his young age- suggests he’s very capable and obviously Southampton are prepared to take the gamble.

Agree, just wouldn’t walk away from that particular game thinking hed have a £15m price tag the following season though.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 08:45 - Jun 16 with 1369 viewsChrisd

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 08:43 - Jun 16 by catch74

Agree, just wouldn’t walk away from that particular game thinking hed have a £15m price tag the following season though.

Perhaps it’s in the games we don’t see he shows his worth? Feel Southampton are also paying for potential too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 03:02 - Jun 17 with 1153 viewsWalkley_owl

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 08:45 - Jun 16 by Chrisd

Perhaps it’s in the games we don’t see he shows his worth? Feel Southampton are also paying for potential too.

Stockdale never really impressed me but he was joint best clean sheet maker last season.

BPF was absolutely average and cost us a fair few points so it is a slight upgrade imho.

Financially we should now be fine, we've cut the wage bill massively and can now pay fees after an embargo
Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 06:46 - Jun 17 with 1073 viewsOwainG1992

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 03:02 - Jun 17 by Walkley_owl

Stockdale never really impressed me but he was joint best clean sheet maker last season.

BPF was absolutely average and cost us a fair few points so it is a slight upgrade imho.

Financially we should now be fine, we've cut the wage bill massively and can now pay fees after an embargo

Any excuse to post this again....

https://www.davidstockdale13.co.uk/

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 10:54 - Jun 17 with 906 viewsBonneNIL

Sheff Wed sign Stockdale on 21:44 - Jun 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

He is definitely a downgrade on Peacock-Farrell but he is a very decent experienced keeper for this level.

I'd take him as our number 2. He's not an old 37, and as you say a ton of experience.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024