Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... 10:00 - Jun 16 with 1454 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...knocking back an image into the kit?

Cheapens it for me.

Home kit looks nice, but would look a lot better for me without all that try hard image layering.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:02 - Jun 16 with 1428 viewsChurchman

Agree entirely.
Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:05 - Jun 16 with 1412 viewsclive_baker

It's different, I'll give it that. Hand on heart I think it's a lesser design than last year, it's a little busy for me with the background imagery. I would prefer a cleaner look, less going on. But as I said, it's a little different which is good. I like that it's bespoke and not out of some Adidas catalogue.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:18 - Jun 16 with 1341 viewsabracaDOBRA_

But then people would moan if it was just a plain kit as well
Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:21 - Jun 16 with 1323 viewsDJR

Agreed. I'm also not so fussed on the collar, or the shade of blue which is not as nice as last season's. I think the away kit is good though.
Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:23 - Jun 16 with 1292 viewsMullet

Anti-piracy measure with the Ed Sheeran link

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:43 - Jun 16 with 1222 viewsRyorry

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:05 - Jun 16 by clive_baker

It's different, I'll give it that. Hand on heart I think it's a lesser design than last year, it's a little busy for me with the background imagery. I would prefer a cleaner look, less going on. But as I said, it's a little different which is good. I like that it's bespoke and not out of some Adidas catalogue.

"Busy" is exactly the right word re the home kit, was about to say same - having both the layering *and* the stupidly fussy design of the collar *and* the 3rd colour added into that actually make the whole thing really hard on the eye imho.

Let's hope brilliant play by the bodies wearing them make them hugely attraactive then!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:49 - Jun 16 with 1179 viewsN2_Blue

Agree, and even worse when it's not used across the whole kit. Whole thing looks a bit odd.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:50 - Jun 16 with 1173 viewsN2_Blue

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:21 - Jun 16 by DJR

Agreed. I'm also not so fussed on the collar, or the shade of blue which is not as nice as last season's. I think the away kit is good though.

The collar is horrible

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:59 - Jun 16 with 1117 viewsBigCommon

Yeah, but all those little details, give the Asian sweat shop kids, something extra to do... They've got to earn their $1 a day, somehow..
Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 11:06 - Jun 16 with 1077 viewsRyorry

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:59 - Jun 16 by BigCommon

Yeah, but all those little details, give the Asian sweat shop kids, something extra to do... They've got to earn their $1 a day, somehow..

You've properly researched Umbro on this? Would be interested in reading if you can give us links.

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 11:10 - Jun 16 with 1050 viewsNthQldITFC

I'm very much a simplistic retro man so I would tend to agree, but on the whole I don't really care about the kit, although I would be much happier if we took a stand as a club and didn't try to punt new oil-based, non-biodegradable clothing every year. Unlikely, I realise.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 11:15 - Jun 16 with 1012 viewsRyorry

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 11:10 - Jun 16 by NthQldITFC

I'm very much a simplistic retro man so I would tend to agree, but on the whole I don't really care about the kit, although I would be much happier if we took a stand as a club and didn't try to punt new oil-based, non-biodegradable clothing every year. Unlikely, I realise.

*This* 👍

Last years were primarily from recycled materials weren't they, & I was happy to buy both on that basis + the NHS support message.

BigCommon also raised the issue of how they were produced - sweat shops somewhere, or?

Won't be buying this year's home one, & very much doubt the away.

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 11:16 - Jun 16 with 1010 viewsNthQldITFC

On second look at all the piccies, I think both kits are quite nice actually.

I like the connection with the Div Two winning team, although there's something odd about the following picture in the Star...

...who has airbrushed out all the tats!?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 11:28 - Jun 16 with 933 viewsSharkey

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 10:21 - Jun 16 by DJR

Regarding the colour...

I know about ten years ago Malmö FF sat down and had a long think about exactly what shade of light blue the club should have , and did a lot of research into history and fans’ preferences. Since then the shade has never changed as lots have come and gone, and all merchandise is exactly that colour too. I think this really enhances the ‘brand’ of the club.
Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 23:06 - Jun 16 with 626 views66notout

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 11:28 - Jun 16 by Sharkey

Regarding the colour...

I know about ten years ago Malmö FF sat down and had a long think about exactly what shade of light blue the club should have , and did a lot of research into history and fans’ preferences. Since then the shade has never changed as lots have come and gone, and all merchandise is exactly that colour too. I think this really enhances the ‘brand’ of the club.

Whereas ‘our’ blue changes every year.
Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 23:58 - Jun 16 with 585 viewsCoastalblue

I prefer a plain kit, but then again I hate coloured boots, I'm an old git.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 00:21 - Jun 17 with 554 viewsBigCommon

Anyone else not a fan of the current fashion of... on 11:06 - Jun 16 by Ryorry

You've properly researched Umbro on this? Would be interested in reading if you can give us links.

https://www.encyclopedia.com/books/politics-and-business-magazines/umbro-plc#:~:
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024