Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are current favs to win league 1 next year 13:54 - Jun 16 with 2592 viewssuffolkpoker

it seems a little optermistic to me.

Current favourites to win the league with sky and odds checker atm.

Ipswich 5/1
Wednesday 6/1
Derby 9/1
Barnsley 12/1
MK Dons 12/1
Peterborough 12/1
Portsmouth 12/1

Early in the window though....

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 13:58 - Jun 16 with 2543 viewsclive_baker

Peterborough odds don't seem too bad. They're a side that on another day could've survived in the Championship last season, and finished the season quite strongly. They're stable enough where they can largely keep the squad together too. Know their way around L1, got auto promotion 2 years ago and we're very close to winning it then.

I think on paper you would have to say they'll definitely be up there. Would certainly feel more comfortable sticking my money on them at 12s than the likes of Derby at 9s while they're a basket case.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:02 - Jun 16 with 2527 viewsBonneNIL

I don't see how at this stage, we've had no movement in the window that would suggest we are bringing in any big signings for this league yet and you have to fancy the likes of Derby, Peterborough, Barnsley, MK Dons, Sheffield Wednesday and Wycombe to all be contenders with better sides than ours presently, although some with blue-tinted glasses will still say it's us.

Derby is a wildcard in that it's a mess, but they won't have the same wage restrictions as us next season and you must remember that Bolton once got out of this league under embargo, which makes our attempts to get out even more embarrassing by comparison.

As things stand we should be finishing between 5th and 11th. We still don't have two forwards that I am inspired by, we've lost some key players in Bonne and Celina, who while had dips in form, were over a season two of our top performers last season and we've not really replaced them yet, we only have one good keeper, we don't have much on the left side, and we're an injury away at the back from a disaster without bringing cover in.

It's going to be a slog, a long hard season, and I don't think we will be anywhere near the top2 myself, maybe playoffs, but these players so far just haven't been good enough, long enough, to prove they are contenders in this league. That might make me unpopular, but we didn't finish badly due to managers alone. The players were a big part of that failure.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:03 - Jun 16 with 2524 viewssuffolkpoker

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 13:58 - Jun 16 by clive_baker

Peterborough odds don't seem too bad. They're a side that on another day could've survived in the Championship last season, and finished the season quite strongly. They're stable enough where they can largely keep the squad together too. Know their way around L1, got auto promotion 2 years ago and we're very close to winning it then.

I think on paper you would have to say they'll definitely be up there. Would certainly feel more comfortable sticking my money on them at 12s than the likes of Derby at 9s while they're a basket case.

I was surpised to see Posh and Portsmouth at 12's, i would expect them both to be top 6 this year.

Agree keeping our big players will be key also keeping them fit will be another. Its such a big window for our recuruitment, i just hope we get it right to compete.

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:04 - Jun 16 with 2513 viewsclive_baker

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:03 - Jun 16 by suffolkpoker

I was surpised to see Posh and Portsmouth at 12's, i would expect them both to be top 6 this year.

Agree keeping our big players will be key also keeping them fit will be another. Its such a big window for our recuruitment, i just hope we get it right to compete.

I would be amazed if Pompey win the league. I thikn they could be OK, but 4th - 8th being about where I would expect them. Peterborough winning it wouldn't surprise me at all, I would be more surprised if they're not in the top 4 to be honest.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:07 - Jun 16 with 2497 viewsBiGDonnie

Makes sense to me. KMac with a proper pre season, already two very good signings for this level with more to come and no squad upheaval.

100 points & a 100 goals.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 15:02 - Jun 16 with 2353 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:02 - Jun 16 by BonneNIL

I don't see how at this stage, we've had no movement in the window that would suggest we are bringing in any big signings for this league yet and you have to fancy the likes of Derby, Peterborough, Barnsley, MK Dons, Sheffield Wednesday and Wycombe to all be contenders with better sides than ours presently, although some with blue-tinted glasses will still say it's us.

Derby is a wildcard in that it's a mess, but they won't have the same wage restrictions as us next season and you must remember that Bolton once got out of this league under embargo, which makes our attempts to get out even more embarrassing by comparison.

As things stand we should be finishing between 5th and 11th. We still don't have two forwards that I am inspired by, we've lost some key players in Bonne and Celina, who while had dips in form, were over a season two of our top performers last season and we've not really replaced them yet, we only have one good keeper, we don't have much on the left side, and we're an injury away at the back from a disaster without bringing cover in.

It's going to be a slog, a long hard season, and I don't think we will be anywhere near the top2 myself, maybe playoffs, but these players so far just haven't been good enough, long enough, to prove they are contenders in this league. That might make me unpopular, but we didn't finish badly due to managers alone. The players were a big part of that failure.

Its fairly clear why, we are 3 signings away from having a complete squad probably, our transfer business has consistently been good. Our form under McKenna was very good when he came in. I fully expect us to be in the top two this year.

Dom Ball and Ladapo are two very good bits of business, both of whom has championship interest.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 19:58 - Jun 16 with 2111 viewsVeggie

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 13:58 - Jun 16 by clive_baker

Peterborough have done very well considering their size. Given that Barry Fry was apparently one of Marcus Evans’ advisors, he really should have tried to get him to join us. He’s a bit old school, but can certainly spot a player.
We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 23:20 - Jun 16 with 1910 viewsbicesterblue4

We have been backed already, probably to fairly small stakes as the market is immature.

There was some 7/1 a couple of weeks ago, and the 6/1 disappeared around the same time as the failure of the Derby buyout was announced.

Probably being too optimistic, but I intend to back us and I have fingers crossed that 5/1 will look big after Christmas.
Login to get fewer ads

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 07:42 - Jun 17 with 1761 viewstractorboy1978

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:02 - Jun 16 by BonneNIL

How many times do you have to be told that the wage restrictions thing is nonsense as the owners can pump money in as long as it isn't debt? I'll tell you now that Derby won't be outspending us or have a larger wage bill than us by the close of this summer.
We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 09:14 - Jun 17 with 1645 viewsRobTheMonk

At least we have a good core this time around.

Walton is quality, the back 3 were solid, Burns, Morsy, Chaplin, Aluko, Evans are all great at this level. Ladapo and Ball on paper look like great signings and will be played in positions that actually suit.

Promising youngsters being given contracts.

Probably about 4-5 signings away from a really good team without ripping up the squad.
We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 09:16 - Jun 17 with 1639 viewstimothyeo

I think we should be favourites. No more excuses this season please. Although I've said that the previous two and every time our fans have excused, either Lambert or Cook being given ridiculous patience.
We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 10:07 - Jun 17 with 1532 viewsmarkchips

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 09:14 - Jun 17 by RobTheMonk

At least we have a good core this time around.

Walton is quality, the back 3 were solid, Burns, Morsy, Chaplin, Aluko, Evans are all great at this level. Ladapo and Ball on paper look like great signings and will be played in positions that actually suit.

Promising youngsters being given contracts.

Probably about 4-5 signings away from a really good team without ripping up the squad.

Generally agree with this but not sure we need four or five. Left back and Striker stand out to me and that is where the money needs to be spent.

Got a big suspicion we will need to offload Pigott and Harper too to keep within the wage constraints. Can't see either of them upping their game sufficiently in pre-season to justify remaining with us but we shall see.
We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 10:15 - Jun 17 with 1511 viewsRobTheMonk

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 10:07 - Jun 17 by markchips

Generally agree with this but not sure we need four or five. Left back and Striker stand out to me and that is where the money needs to be spent.

Got a big suspicion we will need to offload Pigott and Harper too to keep within the wage constraints. Can't see either of them upping their game sufficiently in pre-season to justify remaining with us but we shall see.

Left back, Striker, Celina/replacement. That's three that we definitely need. Then I guess it's looking at a potential squad player who can fill in a few positions.
We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 10:33 - Jun 17 with 1483 viewsFunge

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:07 - Jun 16 by BiGDonnie

Makes sense to me. KMac with a proper pre season, already two very good signings for this level with more to come and no squad upheaval.

100 points & a 100 goals.

Nowhere near optimistic enough.

200 points and 200 goals, please.
We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 13:46 - Jun 17 with 1368 viewsPioneerBlue

The odds are rubbish. We know we are 2-3 first team players that perform well this season away from solid playoffs let alone top 2. It will be a build on last year without those players Eg LB/LWB, LAM, plus probably another striker

Then you have Derby, we don’t even know they can start the season or whether they will start on points parity.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Lots of numpties have bet on us winning the league next year on 13:52 - Jun 17 with 1353 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fixed that headline for you

Based on what we saw last season, we're closer than we were at this point last year. Still a lot of time left for the squad to change though (both ins and outs), so all a bit too early to say imo. I hope we do perform in accordance with eh odds of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lots of numpties have bet on us winning the league next year on 14:03 - Jun 17 with 1335 viewssuffolkpoker

Lots of numpties have bet on us winning the league next year on 13:52 - Jun 17 by Swansea_Blue

Fixed that headline for you

Based on what we saw last season, we're closer than we were at this point last year. Still a lot of time left for the squad to change though (both ins and outs), so all a bit too early to say imo. I hope we do perform in accordance with eh odds of course.

This time last year we were not fav's. I suspect the top 5 but not clear fav's.

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:11 - Jun 17 with 1316 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Could just be that Ipswich is packed with inveterate gamblers and they have a lot of money down on us already...

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:14 - Jun 17 with 1307 viewssuffolkpoker

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:11 - Jun 17 by Charlie_pl_baxter

Could just be that Ipswich is packed with inveterate gamblers and they have a lot of money down on us already...

Yep its the aftermath of having gambling sponsors. We will be known as the Ipswich degens.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 14:15]

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 15:04 - Jun 17 with 1233 viewsJ2BLUE

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:03 - Jun 16 by suffolkpoker

Portsmouth?!?!

I think they'll be better but they'll be challenging for 6th IMO.

I think our price might just be people sticking us in an acca. Biggest clubs are towards the top, even Derby who could have big problems.

I doubt there are many big stakes on us as a single.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 15:16 - Jun 17 with 1219 viewswkj

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 15:04 - Jun 17 by J2BLUE

Portsmouth?!?!

I think they'll be better but they'll be challenging for 6th IMO.

I think our price might just be people sticking us in an acca. Biggest clubs are towards the top, even Derby who could have big problems.

I doubt there are many big stakes on us as a single.

My pick for the dark horse will be Forest Green Rovers - Even if they don't challenge for the playoffs I would not be surprised to see them finish at least 10th

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 13:41 - Jun 18 with 953 viewstractorboy1978

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 15:16 - Jun 17 by wkj

My pick for the dark horse will be Forest Green Rovers - Even if they don't challenge for the playoffs I would not be surprised to see them finish at least 10th

They've lost their manager and their two best players already.
We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 13:43 - Jun 18 with 945 viewsibbleobble

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 15:16 - Jun 17 by wkj

Dark horses in a top ten finish? Not much in the way of a tip! : D

I’d take a look at Gillingham at 18/1 to win League 2 as a good value bet.
We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 14:07 - Jun 18 with 892 viewscressi

We are current favs to win league 1 next year on 13:43 - Jun 18 by ibbleobble

Dark horses in a top ten finish? Not much in the way of a tip! : D

I’d take a look at Gillingham at 18/1 to win League 2 as a good value bet.

The players left from last season have little chance of winning the league Yes we have brought two players in. But the next few weeks are going to be ultra important who we bring in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024