Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Running towards adversity... 14:14 - Jun 16 with 8410 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I like the new kits, pleased the clubs new slogan wasn't made visible.

I suspect Mark Ashton would have liked it to be on view.

Just seems a bit try hard to me.

On the KOA podcast, the players didn't seem interested in the slogan when it was mentioned. It was almost glossed over.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Running towards adversity... on 14:20 - Jun 16 with 4199 viewsFromReuserWithLove

If Ashton wanted it on view, it would've been. I don't think anybody including Ashton see's it as anything more than what it is. It's just way to set a narrative at the club and give a platform for people to start from. Marketing guff but very much something that the club needs to have some kind of identity that has been lost over the years. Ashton is very good at driving it whether you buy into it or not.
Running towards adversity... on 14:23 - Jun 16 with 4167 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Running towards adversity... on 14:20 - Jun 16 by FromReuserWithLove

If Ashton wanted it on view, it would've been. I don't think anybody including Ashton see's it as anything more than what it is. It's just way to set a narrative at the club and give a platform for people to start from. Marketing guff but very much something that the club needs to have some kind of identity that has been lost over the years. Ashton is very good at driving it whether you buy into it or not.

I think he seems a decent football CEO.

Just very cheesy and corporate. But I can live with that if we get promoted.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Running towards adversity... on 14:28 - Jun 16 with 4148 viewsclive_baker

It's a bit Brent-esque. What does it even mean? Why would you want to run towards adversity? Surely it would be preferrable to run away from it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Running towards adversity... on 14:31 - Jun 16 with 4125 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Running towards adversity... on 14:28 - Jun 16 by clive_baker

It's a bit Brent-esque. What does it even mean? Why would you want to run towards adversity? Surely it would be preferrable to run away from it.

It relates to the fire fighters and police who fund the pension fund.

I don't think it really translates to what we do, but I guess it's a nod to our funders. I doubt they care though.

Running towards adversity... on 14:32 - Jun 16 with 4111 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It's about all the fire people who do run towards adversity and who are essentially funding our club via their pension scheme.

It's about facing fear, overcoming it.

It's Brentesque self help stuff really but some people buy in and i think more than anything it is about making sure players know what is expected of them when pulling on the shirt

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Running towards adversity... on 14:33 - Jun 16 with 4102 viewsclive_baker

Running towards adversity... on 14:31 - Jun 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think it really translates to what we do, but I guess it's a nod to our funders. I doubt they care though.

Oh I see. Feels a little bit cringe to me, but don't suppose it matters if it's on the inside of the collar.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Running towards adversity... on 14:46 - Jun 16 with 4028 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Running towards adversity... on 14:23 - Jun 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think he seems a decent football CEO.

Just very cheesy and corporate. But I can live with that if we get promoted.

oh yeh totally agree. He is a bag full of cheese.
Running towards adversity... on 14:51 - Jun 16 with 3992 viewshype313

That was my take!

Maybe I'm a wet lettuce then, because if I saw adversity then I would be legging it the other way.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Running towards adversity... on 14:55 - Jun 16 with 3967 viewsportmanking

Running towards adversity... on 14:51 - Jun 16 by hype313

That was my take!

Maybe I'm a wet lettuce then, because if I saw adversity then I would be legging it the other way.

That's the whole point. The phrase is meant to be a tip of the hat to the firemen and police services of Arizona that can't run in the opposite direction from adversity.
Running towards adversity... on 14:56 - Jun 16 with 3959 viewsSheffordBlue

I'd actually like us to offer some complimentary tickets to the pension fund members if they happen to be over in Suffolk. I can't see a massive influx but would feel right to let them see what their fund is buying into

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Running towards adversity... on 15:04 - Jun 16 with 3926 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think it does translate onto the pitch as well. If you've got a hairy-arsed oppo target man baring down on our goal, you want to be throwing everything in the way to stop him... not running away!

It's about standing up to the battle, not shirking responsibility, being brave. And with it on the inside of the shirt it's not in your face, but the players will see it every time they put it on. Maybe it'll get into their heads, subconsciously, through the repetition of it always being there.

Can't do any harm, anyway.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Running towards adversity... on 15:07 - Jun 16 with 3884 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Running towards adversity... on 15:04 - Jun 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think it does translate onto the pitch as well. If you've got a hairy-arsed oppo target man baring down on our goal, you want to be throwing everything in the way to stop him... not running away!

It's about standing up to the battle, not shirking responsibility, being brave. And with it on the inside of the shirt it's not in your face, but the players will see it every time they put it on. Maybe it'll get into their heads, subconsciously, through the repetition of it always being there.

Can't do any harm, anyway.

Football pitches are full of pussys, no comparison.

I know what you're saying, but the comparison is more of an insult than a compliment.

I bet most of the service men and women dont even know they fund Ipswich.

But as you say, no real harm.

Running towards adversity... on 15:10 - Jun 16 with 3855 viewsvilanovablue

Interestingly Stokes used a very similar expression in his post-match interview this week but used danger instead of adversity. I think it's about embracing the fear and using it to help your motivation.
Running towards adversity... on 15:24 - Jun 16 with 3782 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s basically saying Let’s facking ave it. In a more polite way. Don’t back down, never give up, all that good stuff. But as a wise man once said, everyone’s got a plan until they get punched in the mouth. And we got punched in the mouth too many times last season. And the season before. And the season before that….

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Running towards adversity... on 15:24 - Jun 16 with 3794 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Why is it there at all?

Haven't any of the club's officers looked up the meaning of "adversity" yet?

The whole slogan means "hurtling towards hardship." Surely this is not the intended club philosophy?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Running towards adversity... on 15:28 - Jun 16 with 3736 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Running towards adversity... on 15:24 - Jun 16 by BasingstokeBlue

Why is it there at all?

Haven't any of the club's officers looked up the meaning of "adversity" yet?

The whole slogan means "hurtling towards hardship." Surely this is not the intended club philosophy?

Get a grip ffs
Running towards adversity... on 15:30 - Jun 16 with 3698 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Running towards adversity... on 15:07 - Jun 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Football pitches are full of pussys, no comparison.

I know what you're saying, but the comparison is more of an insult than a compliment.

I bet most of the service men and women dont even know they fund Ipswich.

But as you say, no real harm.

I wasn't suggesting sports people are comparable with fire fighters!

They do have to fight against adversity though. Just in a different way.

Running towards adversity... on 15:32 - Jun 16 with 3693 viewsN2_Blue

this is what i thought. I don't necessarily have a problem with a club slogan even if it a bit cheesy, but this one doesn't even seem to make sense. Why would you run towards adversity? I get its trying to say we don't want to shy away from it etc but not really something anyone runs towards.

When was this all decided / announced? Its seems to have completely passed me by.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 15:34]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Running towards adversity... on 15:34 - Jun 16 with 3671 viewshype313

"I can’t imagine Jesus going, 'I’ve told a few people here in Bethlehem I’m the son of god, can I just stay at home with mum and dad now'. No, you’ve got to move on. You’ve got to spread the word. You’ve got to go to Nazareth…please. And that’s very much like me."

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Running towards adversity... on 15:42 - Jun 16 with 3620 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Running towards adversity... on 15:32 - Jun 16 by N2_Blue

this is what i thought. I don't necessarily have a problem with a club slogan even if it a bit cheesy, but this one doesn't even seem to make sense. Why would you run towards adversity? I get its trying to say we don't want to shy away from it etc but not really something anyone runs towards.

When was this all decided / announced? Its seems to have completely passed me by.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 15:34]

You've got to be as thick as mince to not understand it.

Running towards adversity... on 15:51 - Jun 16 with 3541 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes, it's absolute and total nonsense. The only reasonable explanation is that it's come out of the rear end of the fine beast on the front of the shirt...
Running towards adversity... on 15:54 - Jun 16 with 3535 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, I'm not a massive fan of it - it just doesn't fit really as what adversity do footballers run towards? To try and compare it to emergency services is a bit crass for me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Running towards adversity... on 15:54 - Jun 16 with 3513 viewsBlue_Order

Yeah, it’s shïte.
Running towards adversity... on 15:56 - Jun 16 with 3496 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Running towards adversity... on 15:54 - Jun 16 by itfcjoe

Yep, I'm not a massive fan of it - it just doesn't fit really as what adversity do footballers run towards? To try and compare it to emergency services is a bit crass for me.

Agreed.

There is a desperate need for a 'story' or 'narrative' in most businesses these days. Most of these narratives are terribly engineered.

...just be authentic is my view.

On the KOA Pod Woolfie and Burns glossed straight over it when Andy Warren mentioned it.

Running towards adversity... on 15:56 - Jun 16 with 3495 viewsN2_Blue

Running towards adversity... on 15:42 - Jun 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

You've got to be as thick as mince to not understand it.

There's always one, thanks for that

I didn't say i didn't get it, i just don't think it makes particular sense, and I still stand by that, thick or not!

It would certainly make more sense describing firefighters if that's where it's come from, but doesn't really work when applied to a football team!
[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 15:57]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024