Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: good piece about British-Asian cricket in Yorkshire 09:06 - Jun 18 with 430 viewsSteve_M

Not necessarily one with many answers but worth reading all the same:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jun/18/yorkshire-cricket-great-divide-wev

The treatment of Mannigham seems like an unobserved scandal.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: good piece about British-Asian cricket in Yorkshire on 15:32 - Jun 18 with 353 viewsjontysnut

Good article. I am watching the featured Bowling Old Lane second XI at my local club Pudsey St Lawrence and the demographic split is all too evident. Mind you the visitors seemed to be enjoying whatever was on offer for tea.
Cricket: good piece about British-Asian cricket in Yorkshire on 23:08 - Jun 18 with 299 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Fascinating. I work for a youth cricket charity and there are so many talented youngsters out there who just don't get the opportunities they could. The stats show very clearly that if you are poor, or from an ethnically diverse community you just aren't as likely to play any sport, cricket in particular.

We're trying really hard to help (cricket into 4,000+stats schools a year and 200 cricket projects in deprived communities) but it's hard work!

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024