Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Organ Donor Register 20:31 - Jun 18 with 1316 viewsKeno

Just a timely reminder, I know the change of law doesn’t make this a important as it was, but it still helps

https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/register-your-decision/

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Organ Donor Register on 21:12 - Jun 18 with 1249 viewsgtsb1966

And register with this too. Costs nothing yet could save a life. https://www.dkms.org.uk/
Organ Donor Register on 22:47 - Jun 18 with 1199 viewsChurchman

It’s something I very strongly believe in and support and have been on it/carried a card for decades.

Popular myth back in the day, was that they’d be keener to switch the old life support if you were a donor. I’ve never believed it worked that way. My view to believers in that was ‘fair enough, it’s your view, but I’ll take the risk thanks’.
Organ Donor Register on 23:38 - Jun 18 with 1181 viewsBasuco

This is something I also strongly believe in and have carried an organ donor card for many years, the opt out system takes the pressure of that awful decision away from grieving families at a very difficult time. Just over two years ago my daughter was the lucky recipient of a kidney and pancreas which has been life changing for her. This fantastic gesture from an unknown donor and their family has made a huge difference to her quality of life, something we can never thank them enough for.
Organ Donor Register on 11:12 - Jun 19 with 1066 viewsMullet

I teach a lesson on this to every kid from about 11/12. They have no idea it's changed, but it's always fascinating how many are happy to donate and how they debate it as groups.

If the NHS want anything of mine when I'm done they're welcome to it. Can't imagine my guts will be much above dog food grade any ways.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Organ Donor Register on 11:55 - Jun 19 with 1057 viewsKeno

Organ Donor Register on 11:12 - Jun 19 by Mullet

I teach a lesson on this to every kid from about 11/12. They have no idea it's changed, but it's always fascinating how many are happy to donate and how they debate it as groups.

If the NHS want anything of mine when I'm done they're welcome to it. Can't imagine my guts will be much above dog food grade any ways.

I thinking of suggesting I donate my sense of humour, it’ll be a shame if that is lost to mankind when I go

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Organ Donor Register on 12:52 - Jun 19 with 1028 viewsMullet

Organ Donor Register on 11:55 - Jun 19 by Keno

I thinking of suggesting I donate my sense of humour, it’ll be a shame if that is lost to mankind when I go

I don't think you're meant to kill them right after you save them Keno.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Organ Donor Register on 14:06 - Jun 20 with 776 viewsBlueBadger

Cheers for posting this while I'm in my holidays

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024