Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd offering a ‘try before you buy’ approach on their youngsters 09:41 - Jun 19 with 1440 viewsParky

“ It is stated that this policy will see those players go on trial for three weeks with any clubs who are interested in taking them on loan. United hope this will let the player see if they like that prospective suitor and give the club a chance to assess the potential signing in person.”

I imagine we will see plenty of Man Utd youngsters here over pre-season. Seems a good idea, gives a McKenna a chance to see how they would fit into our squad before fully committing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-transfer-loan-update-272726
Man Utd offering a ‘try before you buy’ approach on their youngsters on 09:43 - Jun 19 with 1398 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3 weeks is a long time to potentially waste in a transfer window. For both parties.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Man Utd offering a ‘try before you buy’ approach on their youngsters on 09:45 - Jun 19 with 1374 viewsParky

Man Utd offering a ‘try before you buy’ approach on their youngsters on 09:43 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

3 weeks is a long time to potentially waste in a transfer window. For both parties.

The benefit we have, is McKenna will already know who he wants and knows how they play/train. I don’t see no harm in him having a look at a couple of them at the start of pre-season.
Man Utd offering a ‘try before you buy’ approach on their youngsters on 09:52 - Jun 19 with 1319 viewsPinewoodblue

Man Utd offering a ‘try before you buy’ approach on their youngsters on 09:45 - Jun 19 by Parky

The benefit we have, is McKenna will already know who he wants and knows how they play/train. I don’t see no harm in him having a look at a couple of them at the start of pre-season.

Haven’t we already done this?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Man Utd offering a ‘try before you buy’ approach on their youngsters on 10:11 - Jun 19 with 1228 viewsParky

Man Utd offering a ‘try before you buy’ approach on their youngsters on 09:52 - Jun 19 by Pinewoodblue

Haven’t we already done this?

I know we had Charlie Savage and Will Fish training with us at the back-end of last season, whether that was with a view of taking them on this season, we’ll find out in due course.

Shola Shoretire is one I could see us going for, if that’s one McKenna wants.
Man Utd offering a ‘try before you buy’ approach on their youngsters on 10:38 - Jun 19 with 1106 viewsChrisd

It could be a really good approach for both parties. It’s a waste of a loan if the wrong decision is made by the club or the player.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Man Utd offering a ‘try before you buy’ approach on their youngsters on 10:49 - Jun 19 with 1040 viewsDarth_Koont

I’m all for that.

We did OK with loanees last year overall but someone like Louie Barry felt like the right player at the wrong time of his career. A trial period for a talented but largely untested teenager might have revealed that more clearly – and just as importantly given Barry himself an out.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024