Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colombia - it's all got emotional 23:54 - Jun 19 with 854 viewsPendejo

The left wing candidate has won the election, huge turn out and the people (my in laws at least) are optimistic for the future...

https://colombiareports.com/historic-victory-for-gustavo-petro-in-colombias-elec

I can confirm the atmosphere in Medellin, it feels like it did when Colombia won Copa America in 2001.

Brother in law soaked in tears of joy, admittedly oiled with whiskey and beer. My family are working class people, tomorrow I visit a former colleague of Pimball Wizard who is middle class, so am wondering how he will take it.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Colombia - it's all got emotional on 08:11 - Jun 20 with 597 viewsWeWereZombies

Intriguing, and I hope all goes well there. From the news reports that were coming my way before the vote it sounded like the ageing Bolsanaro like Tik Tok star was a shoo in but sanity has prevailed.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Colombia - it's all got emotional on 08:25 - Jun 20 with 572 viewsGuthrum

Difficult job ahead for Petro, a lot on his plate.

His opponent sounded alarmingly out of the mould of Trump/Bolsonaro, but at least he conceded properly.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Colombia - it's all got emotional on 08:45 - Jun 20 with 529 viewsDarth_Koont

Congratulations! Seems to have been quite a shift in recent years in South America as a whole.

As much as anything it’s perhaps a sign of maturity that the US isn’t throwing its weight behind pretty awful right-wing politicians and regimes as much nowadays. With all the dirty tricks and shady sh1t that involved.

Fingers crossed, here’s to better times ahead for your friends and family.

Pronouns: He/Him

Colombia - it's all got emotional on 14:05 - Jun 20 with 359 viewsElephantintheRoom

You need to rewatch Narcos to know who really won the election

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024