Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow 10:27 - Jun 20 with 6892 viewsBasuco

what brexit benefits would you miss most? (copied from twitter)
If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 10:38 - Jun 20 with 2976 viewsWeWereZombies

Paul Lambert as manager...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 10:47 - Jun 20 with 2934 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Crown logo on pint glasses.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 10:49 - Jun 20 with 2910 viewsPinewoodblue

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 10:47 - Jun 20 by ThisIsMyUsername

Crown logo on pint glasses.

Which didn’t need to be removed in the first place .

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 11:16 - Jun 20 with 2845 viewsPlums

The money pouring into the NHS on a weekly basis

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 11:47 - Jun 20 with 2747 viewsEly_Blue

Id miss that extra £350m a week that we’ve been getting for the nhs!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 11:47 - Jun 20 with 2751 viewsXYZ

I'd miss the "I voted remain, but we need to make the most of it now ..." tweets.

Brexit brought new levels of disingenuousness.
If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 14:11 - Jun 20 with 2578 viewsElephantintheRoom

The gurning toad restricted to spouting his poison on London Radio? I have quite liked hearing next to nothing from Nigel Farage post Brexit

The only genuine benefit I can think of is it restricts the amount of time Brits can go to their EU holiday homes.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 14:17 - Jun 20 with 2558 viewsKeno

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 14:11 - Jun 20 by ElephantintheRoom

The gurning toad restricted to spouting his poison on London Radio? I have quite liked hearing next to nothing from Nigel Farage post Brexit

The only genuine benefit I can think of is it restricts the amount of time Brits can go to their EU holiday homes.

feeling very slightly smug because as an Irish Citizen I am still 'in Europe'

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 15:14 - Jun 20 with 2480 viewsleitrimblue

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 14:17 - Jun 20 by Keno

feeling very slightly smug because as an Irish Citizen I am still 'in Europe'

Couple of weeks ago my partner seen a job she liked the look of in London. The thought of moving from Leitrim back to London had me terrified. Then I pointed out to her that 'all Brits hate foreigners and I'm not sure your legally allowed to work there anymore'. And everything is OK again. If theres another referendum I'm voting leave next time so I never have this panic again.
If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 15:31 - Jun 20 with 2434 viewsEireannach_gorm

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 15:14 - Jun 20 by leitrimblue

Couple of weeks ago my partner seen a job she liked the look of in London. The thought of moving from Leitrim back to London had me terrified. Then I pointed out to her that 'all Brits hate foreigners and I'm not sure your legally allowed to work there anymore'. And everything is OK again. If theres another referendum I'm voting leave next time so I never have this panic again.

Moving from Leitrim to London would indeed be a severe culture shock.
If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 15:33 - Jun 20 with 2431 viewsgiant_stow

Brexiters crowing over their victory. Come to thing of it, where did all the crowing go?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 15:39 - Jun 20 with 2415 viewsKeno

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 15:31 - Jun 20 by Eireannach_gorm

a place full of some very odd people, drunks and degenerates - I guess London would seem very normal after that

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 15:53 - Jun 20 with 2376 viewswkj

Bendy bananas

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 15:55 - Jun 20 with 2371 viewsjeera

Being world leaders in just about everything.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 16:03 - Jun 20 with 2346 viewsBonneNIL

People who didn't get their own way with the vote whinging about it for years after the fact, while the rest of the world carry on with their normal lives?

I will miss that.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 16:05 - Jun 20 with 2335 viewswkj

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 16:03 - Jun 20 by BonneNIL

People who didn't get their own way with the vote whinging about it for years after the fact, while the rest of the world carry on with their normal lives?

I will miss that.

In short - freedom of expression is great

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 16:05 - Jun 20 with 2333 viewsjeera

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 16:03 - Jun 20 by BonneNIL

I will miss that.

"what brexit benefits...?"

You don't seem to have understood the question.

Or the impact this ridiculous decision has had on many people's lives either.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 16:08 - Jun 20 with 2326 viewsleitrimblue

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 15:31 - Jun 20 by Eireannach_gorm

Doesn't bare thinking about. I know a few lads living back in Ireland now who left places like Mayo, Sligo an Leitrim for London in the 90,s while in there late teens an early 20,s. Must have been a incredible culture shock
If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 16:10 - Jun 20 with 2317 viewsGeoffSentence

The Dogger Bank being made a Marine nature reserve, or the British part of it. They can't do it on the EU parts because of the Common Fisheries Policy.

So far that is the only genuine benefit of Brexit that I have been able to find.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 17:28 - Jun 20 with 2206 viewsPinewoodblue

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 16:10 - Jun 20 by GeoffSentence

The Dogger Bank being made a Marine nature reserve, or the British part of it. They can't do it on the EU parts because of the Common Fisheries Policy.

So far that is the only genuine benefit of Brexit that I have been able to find.

Come on a pint tastes so much better in a glass with a crown on it. Even better if the glass has a handle.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 17:42 - Jun 20 with 2169 viewsChurchman

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 15:14 - Jun 20 by leitrimblue

Brits hating foreigners? I don’t think so. Although there are plenty of idiots as there are in all countries, by and large that’s not my experience.

A couple of years ago I worked with a French chap who was gf’d/married to an English woman. We were working for HMG on a cross government project and he’d risen to a decent grade. We were having coffee one day and he said in his best ‘allo allo’ accent ‘do you know, its amazing that I’m able to work here. If you applied for a job in the French Civil Service, if you got a response it would be no. Go away (polite version)’. ‘French jobs, French people’.

As far as people from ROI, CTA pre-dates the EU and this wa# reaffirmed 3 years ago. Irish people have the right to live and work here and technically visa versa. Guidance attached.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/common-travel-area-guidance
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 17:44]
If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 18:01 - Jun 20 with 2127 viewschicoazul

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 17:42 - Jun 20 by Churchman

Brits hating foreigners? I don’t think so. Although there are plenty of idiots as there are in all countries, by and large that’s not my experience.

A couple of years ago I worked with a French chap who was gf’d/married to an English woman. We were working for HMG on a cross government project and he’d risen to a decent grade. We were having coffee one day and he said in his best ‘allo allo’ accent ‘do you know, its amazing that I’m able to work here. If you applied for a job in the French Civil Service, if you got a response it would be no. Go away (polite version)’. ‘French jobs, French people’.

As far as people from ROI, CTA pre-dates the EU and this wa# reaffirmed 3 years ago. Irish people have the right to live and work here and technically visa versa. Guidance attached.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/common-travel-area-guidance
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 17:44]

In my experience the French people hate the EU by and large but tolerate it for economic reasons. Same with the Greeks.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 18:04 - Jun 20 with 2121 viewsfactual_blue

Using the pound sterling.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 18:23 - Jun 20 with 2088 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hearing the sound of the entitled middle classes crying into their prosecco.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 18:45 - Jun 20 with 2059 viewsChurchman

If the UK were to rejoin the EU tomorrow on 18:01 - Jun 20 by chicoazul

In my experience the French people hate the EU by and large but tolerate it for economic reasons. Same with the Greeks.

Funnily enough that was about where I was in 2016 and was the primary reason for me voting remain. Economics, jobs.

ONS trade data for April is interesting:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nationalaccounts/balanceofpayments/bulletins/uktr

‘EU exports have increased for the third consecutive month in April 2022 and are at the highest levels since records began.’ I’ve not read up yet on why and what’s underneath the figures or even if the figures are correct - or whether the way data was collected pre-Brexit was on the same basis. But it’s interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024