Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PMQs 14:30 - Jun 22 with 2178 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Is this current so-called government the most incompetent and corrupt (not to mention generally bigoted and xenophobic) in British history?

Relatively speaking, exactly how bad are they?

Genuinely interested in knowing if we are in 'peak' times, or if there was ever worse.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

PMQs on 14:46 - Jun 22 with 1563 viewsgiant_stow

Worse would be them getting another term to create more of their mayhem laced with incompetence. This is why I can't understand the left wing of the labour party being more interested in attacking Starmer.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

PMQs on 14:49 - Jun 22 with 1543 viewsBlueNomad

Certainly the worst since before WW1. I think their medacity, promise breaking, (alleged) corruption, law breaking, rule bending, cronyist, unempathic, constitution ignoring, populist, human rights ignoring practices mark them without parallel.

Edit - I'll throw in some deflecting and dog whistling too.

I'm sure I'll think of more.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 15:08]
PMQs on 15:00 - Jun 22 with 1515 viewsSomethingBlue

Worst in the history of this country, comfortably — both in competence and intent. And capable of becoming far worse than that, unless people wake up very very quickly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

PMQs on 15:08 - Jun 22 with 1470 viewsBlueNomad

PMQs on 14:49 - Jun 22 by BlueNomad

Certainly the worst since before WW1. I think their medacity, promise breaking, (alleged) corruption, law breaking, rule bending, cronyist, unempathic, constitution ignoring, populist, human rights ignoring practices mark them without parallel.

Edit - I'll throw in some deflecting and dog whistling too.

I'm sure I'll think of more.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 15:08]

Oh - and they've got Tom Hunt cheering them on
PMQs on 15:28 - Jun 22 with 1443 viewsDarth_Koont

PMQs on 15:00 - Jun 22 by SomethingBlue

Worst in the history of this country, comfortably — both in competence and intent. And capable of becoming far worse than that, unless people wake up very very quickly.

Agreed.

Although I’d add that we need to wake up to the competence and intent of the current opposition at the same time. There’s no point in replacing one set of undemocratic, unprincipled liars not fit for government with another.

The major politicians have never been as rubbish, self-serving and utterly unaccountable as they are now. Mainly because nobody is holding them to account in any meaningful and consistent way ... in fact most pundits and too many of the public are happy to look the other way as part of serving their own real but also perceived interests.

Pronouns: He/Him

PMQs on 15:32 - Jun 22 with 1422 viewsDarth_Koont

PMQs on 14:46 - Jun 22 by giant_stow

Worse would be them getting another term to create more of their mayhem laced with incompetence. This is why I can't understand the left wing of the labour party being more interested in attacking Starmer.

See above.

I have zero problem demanding an awful lot better from both of our major parties and our only de facto alternatives at Westminster.

Johnson’s Tories and Starmer’s Labour are both low-water marks. And both are dangerous for the country given the actual needs of the country in 2022 they will blithely ignore.

PMQs on 15:37 - Jun 22 with 1394 viewsunbelievablue

PMQs on 15:28 - Jun 22 by Darth_Koont

Agreed.

Although I’d add that we need to wake up to the competence and intent of the current opposition at the same time. There’s no point in replacing one set of undemocratic, unprincipled liars not fit for government with another.

The major politicians have never been as rubbish, self-serving and utterly unaccountable as they are now. Mainly because nobody is holding them to account in any meaningful and consistent way ... in fact most pundits and too many of the public are happy to look the other way as part of serving their own real but also perceived interests.

"There’s no point in replacing one set of undemocratic, unprincipled liars not fit for government with another."

Although I agree with the sentiment, there absolutely is a point. One set is objectively better for the country than the other.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

PMQs on 15:38 - Jun 22 with 1379 viewsDarth_Koont

PMQs on 15:37 - Jun 22 by unbelievablue

"There’s no point in replacing one set of undemocratic, unprincipled liars not fit for government with another."

Although I agree with the sentiment, there absolutely is a point. One set is objectively better for the country than the other.

I’d make that assessment on polling day. Not now.

Objectively both need to be much better in the here and now.

Not least, because “objectively better” for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland doesn’t look like it involves either of these two rubbish choices. Probably something completely different if it carries on like this.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 15:42]

Login to get fewer ads

PMQs on 15:38 - Jun 22 with 1373 viewsGlasgowBlue

Worst in my lifetime.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

PMQs on 15:46 - Jun 22 with 1352 viewsunbelievablue

PMQs on 15:38 - Jun 22 by Darth_Koont

I’d make that assessment on polling day. Not now.

Objectively both need to be much better in the here and now.

Not least, because “objectively better” for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland doesn’t look like it involves either of these two rubbish choices. Probably something completely different if it carries on like this.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 15:42]

Yeah I guess I am being England (London) centric.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

PMQs on 16:07 - Jun 22 with 1316 viewsDarth_Koont

PMQs on 15:46 - Jun 22 by unbelievablue

Yeah I guess I am being England (London) centric.

No, that’s England as a whole. If I was in the North East with a lot of the similar problems and challenges facing the other home nations then it might well have to be the lesser of two evils all the time.

But I’d add that political movements outside the Tory/Labour duopoly have managed to shape our debate and help pull the big parties in a different direction. The whole UKIP/Brexit thing for example – even though that was for evil.

PMQs on 16:12 - Jun 22 with 1297 viewsjeera

DaveU strikes again.

The silent down-arrower.

Some reasoning would be nice, a few positives he can see the rest of us cannot.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

PMQs on 16:55 - Jun 22 with 1223 viewsSwansea_Blue

PMQs on 16:12 - Jun 22 by jeera

DaveU strikes again.

The silent down-arrower.

Surprised Phil puts up with the patheticness of it. Certainly adds nothing to the forum and just seems to want to wind people up (as we've no way of knowing otherwise), whether it's real or a 'comedy' creation.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PMQs on 16:57 - Jun 22 with 1196 viewsjeera

PMQs on 16:55 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Surprised Phil puts up with the patheticness of it. Certainly adds nothing to the forum and just seems to want to wind people up (as we've no way of knowing otherwise), whether it's real or a 'comedy' creation.

I just want to hear his reasoning.

He might have some valid points to make.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

PMQs on 16:57 - Jun 22 with 1197 viewsFixed_It

PMQs on 16:12 - Jun 22 by jeera

DaveU strikes again.

The silent down-arrower.

Difficult to justify the unjustifiable I guess...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

PMQs on 16:59 - Jun 22 with 1183 viewsSwansea_Blue

PMQs on 16:57 - Jun 22 by jeera

I just want to hear his reasoning.

He might have some valid points to make.

Maybe the lesser spotted DaveU will make an appearance one day, but I wouldn't hold your breath!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PMQs on 17:01 - Jun 22 with 1182 viewseireblue

PMQs on 16:55 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

I just take joy in the fact that DaveU is perfectly representing the Shy Tories.

Even on an anonymous message board, we have someone that is so embarrassed and shameful of their support, they can only bring themselves to silently vote.
PMQs on 17:10 - Jun 22 with 1165 viewsmutters

As with a lot of things only time and reflection can say whether something was good or bad but it certainly feels like we have one of the worst if the not the worst government in living memory.

It also feels like the last 5 or so PMs would all be at the bottom of any list well!

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

PMQs on 17:13 - Jun 22 with 1153 viewsBlueBadger

PMQs on 15:38 - Jun 22 by GlasgowBlue

Worst in my lifetime.

I understand that its the worst in Facters' lifetime...
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 17:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

PMQs on 17:14 - Jun 22 with 1148 viewsBlueBadger

PMQs on 17:10 - Jun 22 by mutters

As with a lot of things only time and reflection can say whether something was good or bad but it certainly feels like we have one of the worst if the not the worst government in living memory.

It also feels like the last 5 or so PMs would all be at the bottom of any list well!

I thought Cameron was a pygmy and a fraud, but he looks positively Chuchillian compared to what's followed.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 17:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

PMQs on 17:17 - Jun 22 with 1135 viewsBlueBadger

PMQs on 14:46 - Jun 22 by giant_stow

I always think of this when I see some of more devout cultists getting going.

PMQs on 17:50 - Jun 22 with 1080 viewsBlueBadger

PMQs on 16:57 - Jun 22 by Fixed_It

Difficult to justify the unjustifiable I guess...

Literally the only time anyone turns out to defend them now is when Mad Harry points out that Boris might not be in the peak of physical condition.

PMQs on 18:14 - Jun 22 with 1056 viewsmutters

PMQs on 17:14 - Jun 22 by BlueBadger

I thought Cameron was a pygmy and a fraud, but he looks positively Chuchillian compared to what's followed.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 17:41]

What a statement to make 😂

Then once the laughter dies down the reality of the situation kicks in.

In the words of a famous golden droid.....

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

PMQs on 18:35 - Jun 22 with 1039 viewsfactual_blue

PMQs on 17:50 - Jun 22 by BlueBadger

Literally the only time anyone turns out to defend them now is when Mad Harry points out that Boris might not be in the peak of physical condition.

Don't be silly. boris goes running every day.

And he's had a personal trainer since the NHS kept him alive.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

PMQs on 18:35 - Jun 22 with 1037 viewsmylittletown

PMQs on 18:14 - Jun 22 by mutters

What a statement to make 😂

Then once the laughter dies down the reality of the situation kicks in.

In the words of a famous golden droid.....

No, Cameron is the arrogant c**t who caused all this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024