Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers 18:20 - Jun 22 with 2137 viewsStu_boy

I know nothing about the young arsenal lad but having signed him and ladapo in addition to jackson and pigott is that it now for our strikeforce unless we move pigott on?
Strikers on 18:22 - Jun 22 with 2106 viewsRobTheMonk

I think so. Chaplin can play up top too if needed.

Attacking midfield next on the list.
Strikers on 18:25 - Jun 22 with 2061 viewsBobsthename

I can’t see the goals we need for promotion coming from them strikers sorry but i really am dissapointed if that’s it.
Strikers on 18:26 - Jun 22 with 2050 viewsLeoMuff

Strikers on 18:22 - Jun 22 by RobTheMonk

Do we need another AM ? Chaplin, Aluko, looks like Jules can play there and Humphreys.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Strikers on 18:27 - Jun 22 with 2028 viewsJ2BLUE

Not convinced this guy has been signed as a main striker. Was mentioned that he is versatile and seems to have the attributes to play in several positions.

One more big striker signing with Pigott possibly leaving is my guess.

Could see something like us getting Hirst and then Pigott going to Portsmouth but that is pure speculation on my part.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Strikers on 18:28 - Jun 22 with 2006 viewsRobTheMonk

Strikers on 18:26 - Jun 22 by LeoMuff

Do we need another AM ? Chaplin, Aluko, looks like Jules can play there and Humphreys.

I think we'll still be after one.
Strikers on 18:28 - Jun 22 with 2008 viewsBobsthename

Strikers on 18:27 - Jun 22 by J2BLUE

Not convinced this guy has been signed as a main striker. Was mentioned that he is versatile and seems to have the attributes to play in several positions.

Could see something like us getting Hirst and then Pigott going to Portsmouth but that is pure speculation on my part.

I would like that senario.
Strikers on 18:28 - Jun 22 with 2005 viewsStu_boy

Strikers on 18:22 - Jun 22 by RobTheMonk

I trust mckenna to spot a good player and help improve them, just hope this all works out well.
Strikers on 18:31 - Jun 22 with 1961 viewsSweetman

Ladapo
John-Jules
Jackson
Pigott ?

Currently the four going into the fold for next season unless Pigott moves on. To be honest, a bit underwhelming, but if there's any manager who can turn decent players into quality players, it will be McKenna.
Login to get fewer ads

Strikers on 18:34 - Jun 22 with 1927 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

Strikers on 18:28 - Jun 22 by Bobsthename

I would like that senario.

Agree. Think we will end up with 3 and half players for the striker and AM slots, with Tyreece being the half. So a striker and AM to go.
Strikers on 18:43 - Jun 22 with 1816 viewsxrayspecs

Strikers on 18:27 - Jun 22 by J2BLUE

I would expect Jules to be fourth striker behind. a new number 9, Ladapo and Jackson.
Strikers on 18:52 - Jun 22 with 1755 viewsBlueBadger

Strikers on 18:43 - Jun 22 by xrayspecs

I would expect Jules to be fourth striker behind. a new number 9, Ladapo and Jackson.

I think he'd be very disappointed to be behind Pigott.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Strikers on 18:55 - Jun 22 with 1737 viewsDJR

Strikers on 18:28 - Jun 22 by Stu_boy

I trust mckenna to spot a good player and help improve them, just hope this all works out well.

The good thing is that we have done a lot of business early, so McK will have the whole close season to mould the team, and weed out those that don't fit.
Strikers on 18:58 - Jun 22 with 1706 viewscbower

Quite simply, yes.

bluescouser

Strikers on 19:08 - Jun 22 with 1603 viewsSTYG

Strikers on 18:31 - Jun 22 by Sweetman

Ladapo
John-Jules
Jackson
Pigott ?

Currently the four going into the fold for next season unless Pigott moves on. To be honest, a bit underwhelming, but if there's any manager who can turn decent players into quality players, it will be McKenna.

I feel Ladapo is a massive upgrade on Bonne in this system and John-Jules is as as good as Norwood, better in this system and has a considerable ceiling.

I’d still expect a striker and central midfielder that command fees as marquee signings however and I’d say we are good.
[Redacted] on 19:50 - Jun 22 with 1352 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Strikers on 20:02 - Jun 22 with 1257 viewsTomTheWriter

Do feel like this needs to be put out there. The most expensive signing of the summer so far in League One is Posh picking up a kid from Leyton Orient for £300,000.

Everything in the English football system boils down to the progress made by Premier League sides. When they start bringing in the big guns, then it will all filter down.

I think it is very, very likely that our 'marquee' signing for this season - whether that be a top draw striker or dangerous attacking midfielder/winger will not happen until about 2 weeks - maybe even 1 week - before the season starts. Everything is free agents and loans, with the odd undisclosed fee here and there. Our three 'biggest' signings last season happened on deadline day eve and deadline day.

McKenna has the bulk of his squad ready for pre-season. Maybe he thinks Penney is enough at LWB to play back up. Maybe he think Harper is good enough to stay and challenge. Maybe he think Edwards is good enough to step up to the plate and take Celina's spot. With Pigott still in the door, no way are we going out and signing a 5th striker.

We all need to take a beat, relax and enjoy the summer. Considering McKenna turned Jackson from an outcast to a terrifying No.9 in about 20 days makes me excited the see what he can do with the likes of Edwards, Harper, Ndaba, John-Jules etc

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Strikers on 20:13 - Jun 22 with 1193 viewsDJR

Strikers on 20:02 - Jun 22 by TomTheWriter

Do feel like this needs to be put out there. The most expensive signing of the summer so far in League One is Posh picking up a kid from Leyton Orient for £300,000.

Everything in the English football system boils down to the progress made by Premier League sides. When they start bringing in the big guns, then it will all filter down.

I think it is very, very likely that our 'marquee' signing for this season - whether that be a top draw striker or dangerous attacking midfielder/winger will not happen until about 2 weeks - maybe even 1 week - before the season starts. Everything is free agents and loans, with the odd undisclosed fee here and there. Our three 'biggest' signings last season happened on deadline day eve and deadline day.

McKenna has the bulk of his squad ready for pre-season. Maybe he thinks Penney is enough at LWB to play back up. Maybe he think Harper is good enough to stay and challenge. Maybe he think Edwards is good enough to step up to the plate and take Celina's spot. With Pigott still in the door, no way are we going out and signing a 5th striker.

We all need to take a beat, relax and enjoy the summer. Considering McKenna turned Jackson from an outcast to a terrifying No.9 in about 20 days makes me excited the see what he can do with the likes of Edwards, Harper, Ndaba, John-Jules etc

Spot on.
Strikers on 20:16 - Jun 22 with 1179 viewsLeoMuff

Strikers on 19:08 - Jun 22 by STYG

I feel Ladapo is a massive upgrade on Bonne in this system and John-Jules is as as good as Norwood, better in this system and has a considerable ceiling.

I’d still expect a striker and central midfielder that command fees as marquee signings however and I’d say we are good.

Not sure how you think Jules is as good as Norwood, Jules has a total of 6 career goals Norwood has 168. Maybe he will prove he is better, but for now on paper he is a down grade. I also cannot see how a ceiling is relevant with a player we don’t even own.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Strikers on 20:29 - Jun 22 with 1077 viewsBigCommon

Strikers on 18:26 - Jun 22 by LeoMuff

I'm thinking we might see another versatile MF player, who can get up and down the pitch... Not trying to throw our fringe players under the bus, here. But I'd say, the likes of Harper and El Miz will need spectacular pre seasons, to force themselves in.. Most likely both get loaned out, imo.... Aluko wont do 40 plus games.. Humphrey ? Not sure he'll be considered a first choice AM, but could be a really good , breakthrough season for him... Would like to see a quality CAM addition.. But going by KM's picks , so far. could be that we get someone in, who's capable of multi positions throughout MF..... We look pretty strong, imo. First 14-15 players.. But you know what its like.. Couple of injuries and a suspension, and a decent squad can start to look thin... I'm intrigued to know, what Edwards rolewill be, too. Possibly converted to the Celina role? As well as cover at RWB/LWB? He's got some talent, if the management can work out his most effective role, imo..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024