Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phone deals... 13:11 - Jun 23 with 1110 viewsclive_baker

What are you savvy people doing at the moment? I'm probably being mugged on mine, paid off the handset a while ago (iPhone 7) and just been letting it bumble along at about £25 a month ever since with O2. I had planned to upgrade but never bothered as mine was working fine but it's starting to get really slow, so probably time to bite the bullet.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Phone deals... on 13:15 - Jun 23 with 1086 viewsADStephenson

If you can afford the up front cost, then buying a handset and a SIM only deal is better value for money. Even better is if you get a second hand handset on eBay (or similar). There are always loads of "unwanted upgrades" being flogged. It's better for the environment too...

www.adstephenson.com

Phone deals... on 13:17 - Jun 23 with 1077 viewsZx1988

If you've got the cash, and don't need anything top-notch, you're probably best-off getting a good mid-range phone such as a Galaxy A53 or a OnePlus Nord, and then getting a well-priced sim-only deal with it.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Phone deals... on 13:18 - Jun 23 with 1056 viewsKieran_Knows

I tend to wait till Black Friday deals. That said, my 2 year contract was up last Black Friday, and because my handset was still alright, I just went on a ridiculously cheap Sim Only deal that they were doing on BF.

Hopefully it'll last me another 4-5 months and I'll upgrade properly on BF this year.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Phone deals... on 13:43 - Jun 23 with 986 viewsJ2BLUE

I went from iPhone 7 to XR. This was when the XR was at least 3-4 handsets ‘old’. I absolutely love it. £23 per month on EE. Took a bit of searching.

I think many people, including me, are Apple or Android users for life. You don’t hear of many people switching between the two. I have given up on Android. For me, compared to Apple they are awful. I have a mate who is completely the other way.

If you like your phone then is definitely recommend a newer but not latest model Apple.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phone deals... on 13:52 - Jun 23 with 948 viewsunbelievablue

Phone deals... on 13:43 - Jun 23 by J2BLUE

I went from iPhone 7 to XR. This was when the XR was at least 3-4 handsets ‘old’. I absolutely love it. £23 per month on EE. Took a bit of searching.

I think many people, including me, are Apple or Android users for life. You don’t hear of many people switching between the two. I have given up on Android. For me, compared to Apple they are awful. I have a mate who is completely the other way.

If you like your phone then is definitely recommend a newer but not latest model Apple.

I am now locked in to Apple because I love my Air Pods and Apple Watch. I'd happily switch otherwise.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Phone deals... on 13:56 - Jun 23 with 931 viewsSteve_M

I bought my phone outright and am on a cheap SIM only deal from Three. I've had the - iPhone 11 - phone since November 2019 and despite the battery going a little, it's still working well. I think that's generally the case for phones from the last few years be they Apple or Android.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Phone deals... on 14:00 - Jun 23 with 912 viewssuffolkpoker

you should be able to get a sim only deal under £10 a month. Replace the battery on your iphone7 and enjoy the saving. Having a better phone aint all that.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Phone deals... on 15:55 - Jun 23 with 840 viewsunbelievablue

Phone deals... on 14:00 - Jun 23 by suffolkpoker

you should be able to get a sim only deal under £10 a month. Replace the battery on your iphone7 and enjoy the saving. Having a better phone aint all that.

I tend to agree, but the 7 will be out of support soon enough and struggle more because updates won't apply.

Login to get fewer ads

Phone deals... on 15:58 - Jun 23 with 827 viewsStokieBlue

Phone deals... on 13:17 - Jun 23 by Zx1988

If you've got the cash, and don't need anything top-notch, you're probably best-off getting a good mid-range phone such as a Galaxy A53 or a OnePlus Nord, and then getting a well-priced sim-only deal with it.

I've got the OnePlus Nord 2 paired with a Giff Gaff sim deal and it's been good.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Phone deals... on 16:04 - Jun 23 with 796 viewsKropotkin123

Phone deals... on 13:52 - Jun 23 by unbelievablue

I am now locked in to Apple because I love my Air Pods and Apple Watch. I'd happily switch otherwise.

I use Apple Air Pods with Android daily, with no additional software. Never had an issue. I haven't looked into buying an Apple Watch, so you may be locked in there.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Phone deals... on 16:07 - Jun 23 with 785 viewsunbelievablue

Phone deals... on 16:04 - Jun 23 by Kropotkin123

I use Apple Air Pods with Android daily, with no additional software. Never had an issue. I haven't looked into buying an Apple Watch, so you may be locked in there.

Interesting - do they connect when you put them in your ears, or do you have to go into settings and hit anything?

Phone deals... on 16:19 - Jun 23 with 760 viewshype313

Buy the phone upfront and get a SIM only deal, it works out far cheaper in the long run.

I bought a POCO F3 and pay £10 a month for my SIM, phone is spot on.

Samsung and Apple are taking the proverbial with the prices they charge, you are essentially paying for Marketing.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Phone deals... on 17:39 - Jun 23 with 686 viewsHARRY10

Phone deals... on 16:19 - Jun 23 by hype313

Buy the phone upfront and get a SIM only deal, it works out far cheaper in the long run.

I bought a POCO F3 and pay £10 a month for my SIM, phone is spot on.

Samsung and Apple are taking the proverbial with the prices they charge, you are essentially paying for Marketing.

Lebara - £4.75 a month for all the calls/texts I wish to make
Phone deals... on 17:53 - Jun 23 with 666 viewsmylittletown

Google Pixel 6. Brilliant phone

Unless my maths was rubbish, buying it outright and getting a SIM only contract only worked if I kept it for over 3 years.
Phone deals... on 18:47 - Jun 23 with 610 viewsstrikalite

I'm on sim only too with Virgin, only £7.50 a month unlimited texts 200 minutes and data gets carried over too....however, struggle to get a signal at home, walk down the road and it's fine, damn annoying....EE had no problems at all..
Phone deals... on 20:42 - Jun 23 with 539 viewsBlueForYou

Nokia X10 Android phone with Tesco Mobile SIM only. Perfect. Why would anyone pay for Apples mega inflated prices? My last phone from Nokia lasted 3 & a half years. It’s not the phone which breaks down it’s the software.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024