Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Ukrainian social media game 19:52 - Jun 23 with 887 viewsSteve_M

This is good:

Not that the level of support is down to the PM, it would be the same under most if the others in my lifetime.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 19:52]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That Ukrainian social media game on 20:27 - Jun 23 with 792 viewsLord_Lucan

I sort of agree with you in a way - but then again I don't.

UK has always been quick to react to similar situations and miles more to the front than any other countries aside from USA. I don't actually think that any recent previous Prime Ministers would have done as much as Boris with the possible exception of Blair and Thatcher - because trust me, they knew how to play the game.

In fact, if anything, UK support is severely under reported here but The Ukrainians know it and get it. You can buy Boris souvenirs in their shops and they have adopted him as an honorary Cossack.

I am however ever the cynic and while I do believe Boris has their best intentions at heart - and to be fair he is really doing something incredible. Deep down I think that he thinks this is his Churchill moment - and that is coupled with the fact he is tanking over here at present - largely, in my opinion because of his batsh1t wife.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

That Ukrainian social media game on 20:37 - Jun 23 with 771 viewsMullet

That Ukrainian social media game on 20:27 - Jun 23 by Lord_Lucan

I sort of agree with you in a way - but then again I don't.

UK has always been quick to react to similar situations and miles more to the front than any other countries aside from USA. I don't actually think that any recent previous Prime Ministers would have done as much as Boris with the possible exception of Blair and Thatcher - because trust me, they knew how to play the game.

In fact, if anything, UK support is severely under reported here but The Ukrainians know it and get it. You can buy Boris souvenirs in their shops and they have adopted him as an honorary Cossack.

I am however ever the cynic and while I do believe Boris has their best intentions at heart - and to be fair he is really doing something incredible. Deep down I think that he thinks this is his Churchill moment - and that is coupled with the fact he is tanking over here at present - largely, in my opinion because of his batsh1t wife.

He's tanking because he's godawful, corrupt and a massive egotist. It's hard to believe that his "Churchill moment" is little more than trying to claw back his legacy somehow, somewhere and that's really depressing regardless of anyone's political affiliation.

It's hard to think of a PM who has done as much harm to the population of this country to massage their own ego. The only thing his wife does is hold a mirror up to his spiritual vacuum.

The cruel twist of Brexit might well be that the desire to look vaguely relevant and capable has allowed us the ability to help as we have, but that's probably reaching for a silver lining.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

That Ukrainian social media game on 20:37 - Jun 23 with 780 viewsgtsb1966

Someone I know who was in the SAS was killed in Afghanistan. He had an 8 week old child. Yes he was in the army but his death seems rather futile now. Look at Afghanistan. I'm in absolute awe of any one fighting against Russia but feel too many lives will be lost for no gain. Its a hard one. I hate Putin with a passion. Someone just assassinate the c**t
That Ukrainian social media game on 20:48 - Jun 23 with 725 viewsLord_Lucan

That Ukrainian social media game on 20:37 - Jun 23 by gtsb1966

Someone I know who was in the SAS was killed in Afghanistan. He had an 8 week old child. Yes he was in the army but his death seems rather futile now. Look at Afghanistan. I'm in absolute awe of any one fighting against Russia but feel too many lives will be lost for no gain. Its a hard one. I hate Putin with a passion. Someone just assassinate the c**t

You have to stand up to people, otherwise you are screwed.

People join the army knowing the risk and for a reason I will never understand love to go into battle. My dad was a military man but it's not for me - I almost signed up when I left school as dad could have fast tracked me to something half decent but then I saw a documentary on The Paras and decided I preferred working with goldfish.

We are just employing some bloke for a bit of work and he was in The Falklands and had one of his balls shot off. After that he went on to be a mercenary in various places in Africa, the bloke is an absolute killing machine - with an absolute heart of gold.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

That Ukrainian social media game on 20:48 - Jun 23 with 725 viewsfactual_blue

Off you go then....

Broadly speaking, over a long timescale very little ends up being of any lasting significance. Particularly if we're talking of military endeavours.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

That Ukrainian social media game on 20:50 - Jun 23 with 721 viewsSteve_M

Of course, this is all “bantz” and the world of there is harsh. The Ukrainians are fighting for their right to exist as a country, and not to be subsumed into a new Russian Empire, which is never a worthless cause.

Afghanistan could have been so much more, a chance to genuinely remake the country, but the US government under Bush were desperate to attack Iraq and the US public eventually got bored off it. That the withdrawal was so chaotic just compounds he sense of pointlessness you hint at.

Despite all the bluster the UK has left many who worked for our military to be murdered by the Taliban. That bit is an utter disgrace.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That Ukrainian social media game on 21:05 - Jun 23 with 675 viewsLord_Lucan

That Ukrainian social media game on 20:50 - Jun 23 by Steve_M

Of course, this is all “bantz” and the world of there is harsh. The Ukrainians are fighting for their right to exist as a country, and not to be subsumed into a new Russian Empire, which is never a worthless cause.

Afghanistan could have been so much more, a chance to genuinely remake the country, but the US government under Bush were desperate to attack Iraq and the US public eventually got bored off it. That the withdrawal was so chaotic just compounds he sense of pointlessness you hint at.

Despite all the bluster the UK has left many who worked for our military to be murdered by the Taliban. That bit is an utter disgrace.

Our Afghanistan exit was an absolute shambles - although we were largely forced into the situation by USA

This is why I genuinely cannot understand all this partygate stuff - it's a pile of sh1te.

Afghanistan was massive.

That Ukrainian social media game on 00:59 - Jun 24 with 473 viewsPendejo

Was chatting about Ukraine with one of my Colombian brothers in law, and he went off on one about how Putin was misunderstood and how Europe should look to him rather than USA (he felt Biden and GW Bush cut from same cloth).

Then he proceeded to tell me about his 3 years living in Soviet Union before the fall of the Berlin Wall and disintegration of the Warsaw Pact.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024