Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday toon 00:33 - Jun 24 with 927 viewsLord_Lucan

Now I know Bob's a shy guy but I really think he is in awe here - and let's face it, who wouldn't be??

I know I'm a Floydy and I also get mixed up with them - and The Stones and Bowie as to who is number 1 but - really, as a bloke - has anyone got anywhere near Dave?

My toilet has a load of pictures in it and right by my bog roll is a picture of Davey standing on a plinth when he was a youngster, I think it's my favourite picture I own. RKD bought it for me.

I'm actually being quite serious here but when I've had to make a serious decision I look at him and think "What would you have done Dave?"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Friday toon on 00:46 - Jun 24 with 893 viewsjeera

Smith's always been open about being a fan of Bowie and how influential he found him.

I should think he would be chuffed to bits to perform alongside one of his own idols.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Friday toon on 01:20 - Jun 24 with 860 viewsgainsboroughblue

Hardly seems a coincidence either that the world has largely gone to sh!te since he went as well.

A huge loss.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Friday toon on 01:36 - Jun 24 with 845 viewsLord_Lucan

Friday toon on 01:20 - Jun 24 by gainsboroughblue

Hardly seems a coincidence either that the world has largely gone to sh!te since he went as well.

A huge loss.

I kind of agree with you but he wouldn't have wanted to get involved anyway - he was too cool for that.

As Rob Gretton would say - "I've been finking"

Was David Bowie the most coolest man ever on the planet? He probably was wasn't he.

Who do you reckon is number two? Keef, Volodymyr, Ed?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Friday toon on 12:39 - Jun 24 with 698 viewsfarkenhell

Friday toon on 01:36 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

I kind of agree with you but he wouldn't have wanted to get involved anyway - he was too cool for that.

As Rob Gretton would say - "I've been finking"

Was David Bowie the most coolest man ever on the planet? He probably was wasn't he.

Who do you reckon is number two? Keef, Volodymyr, Ed?

True story. A few years ago, when I was a student, I had a summer job that involved taking a suitcase of video cassettes (yes, it was that long ago!) to customers' houses to rent. Walking through one customer's hallway, I spotted hanging on the wall a framed picture of Bowie with a handwritten message. Turned out that he was a school friend of the lady of the house (who was very chatty and pleasant, unlike her husband, who was a complete @rse) and they had kept in touch many years later. Got chatting and she let slip a few things, including that he was badly bullied at school, had a stammer as a child, was extremely shy and not a natural conversationalist. He must also have been very generous because at one time he gave said lady and her husband his jag (I think it was).
Friday toon on 12:47 - Jun 24 with 687 viewsunbelievablue

This is in our lounge. Light doesn't really do it justice.

[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 12:47]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Friday toon on 12:55 - Jun 24 with 663 viewsLord_Lucan

Friday toon on 12:47 - Jun 24 by unbelievablue

This is in our lounge. Light doesn't really do it justice.

[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 12:47]

No offence Joshy but that's a bit fecking generic isn't it.

I'll text you a pic of my toilet print when I get home.

Enjoy The Stones and give me a full report!!!

Friday toon on 12:58 - Jun 24 with 656 viewsunbelievablue

Friday toon on 12:55 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

No offence Joshy but that's a bit fecking generic isn't it.

I'll text you a pic of my toilet print when I get home.

Enjoy The Stones and give me a full report!!!

It's one of only (EDIT) 100 by a Manc artist and is specially made using some kind of glass pressing technique. As I say, light doesn't do it justice at all. Will try and find the link.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 13:00]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Friday toon on 13:04 - Jun 24 with 633 viewsLord_Lucan

Friday toon on 12:39 - Jun 24 by farkenhell

True story. A few years ago, when I was a student, I had a summer job that involved taking a suitcase of video cassettes (yes, it was that long ago!) to customers' houses to rent. Walking through one customer's hallway, I spotted hanging on the wall a framed picture of Bowie with a handwritten message. Turned out that he was a school friend of the lady of the house (who was very chatty and pleasant, unlike her husband, who was a complete @rse) and they had kept in touch many years later. Got chatting and she let slip a few things, including that he was badly bullied at school, had a stammer as a child, was extremely shy and not a natural conversationalist. He must also have been very generous because at one time he gave said lady and her husband his jag (I think it was).

Legend has it that Dave's eye changed colour when he was hit by a bloke at school.

Well, that's what Danny Baker said, it's not definite info.

Login to get fewer ads

Friday toon on 13:09 - Jun 24 with 630 viewsgainsboroughblue

Friday toon on 13:04 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

Legend has it that Dave's eye changed colour when he was hit by a bloke at school.

Well, that's what Danny Baker said, it's not definite info.

That was his schoolboy friend George Underwood. Apparently, it was a ruck over a girl.

I've read it was a ring he was wearing which caused the damage and seen elsewhere it was a stray fingernail.

Looking back, Bowie said he was actually thankful as the colour change accentuated his 'different look'.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024