Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson today on Rwanda policy 08:39 - Jun 24 with 2844 viewsThisIsMyUsername

'A lot of prejudices about Rwanda need to be blown away... A creative attempt to solve a problem that affects countries around the world... to address something that is frankly evil... people taking people across the channel in unseaworthy vessels, and we've come up with a plan to fix it'.

The amount of contradictions and hypocrisy in this one statement is staggering.

Is this one of the benefits of Brexit?

The absolute state of the UK. You could cry.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 09:07 - Jun 24 with 2091 viewsLord_Lucan

To be honest I'm considering flying over to France and then getting a dingy back to UK so I can be deported to Rwanda, it's a blooming brilliant place by all accounts.

I think my biggest problem is the Easyjet France bit.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 09:50 - Jun 24 with 2036 viewsBasuco

The biggest problem I have with this policy is that it appears too be a creative way of deporting non whites in a blatant attempt to please the far right.
Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 09:54 - Jun 24 with 2022 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 09:50 - Jun 24 by Basuco

The biggest problem I have with this policy is that it appears too be a creative way of deporting non whites in a blatant attempt to please the far right.

Well, exactly my point.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 09:57 - Jun 24 with 2016 viewsgiant_stow

He's been watching that Trevor Noah thing on this on youtube.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 10:13 - Jun 24 with 1989 viewsLord_Lucan

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 09:50 - Jun 24 by Basuco

Here's the thing.

Rwanda is a fantastic place and is sort of starting to be a hub for displaced people from all over the world. There are loads of opportunities and I believe our Indian brothers are flocking there.

Having said that. To be honest, I can't make my mind up about the whole situation, I'm struggling with it - but I have an open mind.

Here's a couple of things I am pretty sure of though. 1/ UK should do more to accept genuine asylum seekers, we should pull out all the stops to welcome all sorts to our shores and give them a better life. 2/ The boat blokes can feck off.

By the way - did you know that The EU pays millions upon millions of dollars to Turkey to secretly keep millions of refugees there and prevent them from coming to Europe? Why on earth otherwise do you think Turkey get's such an easy ride?

Fact is - until people can grow a set and have a sensible conversation about immigration we're all screwed baby.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 10:33]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 10:42 - Jun 24 with 1910 viewsPinewoodblue

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 10:13 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

Here's the thing.

Rwanda is a fantastic place and is sort of starting to be a hub for displaced people from all over the world. There are loads of opportunities and I believe our Indian brothers are flocking there.

Having said that. To be honest, I can't make my mind up about the whole situation, I'm struggling with it - but I have an open mind.

Here's a couple of things I am pretty sure of though. 1/ UK should do more to accept genuine asylum seekers, we should pull out all the stops to welcome all sorts to our shores and give them a better life. 2/ The boat blokes can feck off.

By the way - did you know that The EU pays millions upon millions of dollars to Turkey to secretly keep millions of refugees there and prevent them from coming to Europe? Why on earth otherwise do you think Turkey get's such an easy ride?

Fact is - until people can grow a set and have a sensible conversation about immigration we're all screwed baby.

It isn’t just Turkey.

https://www.hrw.org/report/2019/01/21/no-escape-hell/eu-policies-contribute-abus

Before anyone says that is old news.

https://www.msf.org/italy-libya-agreement-five-years-eu-sponsored-abuse-libya-an
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 10:44]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 10:52 - Jun 24 with 1860 viewsitfcjoe

Here's the thing.

I was listening to something with Rory Stewart the other day who has done a lot in Rwanda and he basically said that over there it is still a very feudal economy, so those in refugee camps have very little chance to do anything as can never fit in, or get started, so to speak - those who have been there years are just stuck in a sort of purgatory

It's not like the UK where you can open a shop, or show some entrepreneurial spirit to get going and kick on.

It's a ridiculous situation, hundreds of millions of pounds to send dozens of asylum seekers there - I heard recently that out of asylum cases we listen to here 75% received settled status as are genuine.

We just need to have proper processes in place to actually administer asylum seekers and find out how genuine the claims are - this threat to send people to Rwanda isn't going to stop people coming on boats, so we need to ensure that those who do come are registered and either sent back quickly, or given status to live and work quickly - rather than sticking them in detention centres for years whilst we wait.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 11:07 - Jun 24 with 1819 viewsCrockerITFC

Here's the thing.

It wasn't really a secret though was it?
Login to get fewer ads

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 11:55 - Jun 24 with 1770 viewsGlasgowBlue

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 09:57 - Jun 24 by giant_stow

He's been watching that Trevor Noah thing on this on youtube.

I thought the same

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 11:56 - Jun 24 with 1765 viewsGlasgowBlue

Here's the thing.

The EU actually funded a Trump like wall in Turkey.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 12:33 - Jun 24 with 1733 viewsLord_Lucan

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 10:52 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

I was listening to something with Rory Stewart the other day who has done a lot in Rwanda and he basically said that over there it is still a very feudal economy, so those in refugee camps have very little chance to do anything as can never fit in, or get started, so to speak - those who have been there years are just stuck in a sort of purgatory

It's not like the UK where you can open a shop, or show some entrepreneurial spirit to get going and kick on.

It's a ridiculous situation, hundreds of millions of pounds to send dozens of asylum seekers there - I heard recently that out of asylum cases we listen to here 75% received settled status as are genuine.

We just need to have proper processes in place to actually administer asylum seekers and find out how genuine the claims are - this threat to send people to Rwanda isn't going to stop people coming on boats, so we need to ensure that those who do come are registered and either sent back quickly, or given status to live and work quickly - rather than sticking them in detention centres for years whilst we wait.

Yo Joe

Sorry but I completely disagree about opportunities in Rwanda and at the end of the day - although I initially liked Rory Stewart he is ultimately a big sulking wet lettuce.

As I said, I can't make my my mind up about Rwanda, I don't necessarily think it's as daft as it sounds but the cost implication has to be addressed.

Similar actions 100% worked in Australia but my problem with Australia is they absolutely have the space but they are just a bit racist.

UK is a completely different scenario, we are creaking at the seams and we just don't have the infrastructure to carry on as it is. It really is as simple as that! Secondly, a lot of these boat feckers have already been refused asylum in France and Belgium but they just lose their ID and declare a false identity - it is beyond mad but no one want's to address it.

I would like to see a proper safe route for genuine refugees and I would be happy to fill the UK up with them as I absolutely love diversity - and hopefully some of these people can help with our employment crisis as I would love to be able to find a dentist.

Boat economic chancers can feck right off - I'm not sure if I can make myself any clearer here.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 12:34]

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 12:39 - Jun 24 with 1721 viewsunbelievablue

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 12:33 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

Yo Joe

Sorry but I completely disagree about opportunities in Rwanda and at the end of the day - although I initially liked Rory Stewart he is ultimately a big sulking wet lettuce.

As I said, I can't make my my mind up about Rwanda, I don't necessarily think it's as daft as it sounds but the cost implication has to be addressed.

Similar actions 100% worked in Australia but my problem with Australia is they absolutely have the space but they are just a bit racist.

UK is a completely different scenario, we are creaking at the seams and we just don't have the infrastructure to carry on as it is. It really is as simple as that! Secondly, a lot of these boat feckers have already been refused asylum in France and Belgium but they just lose their ID and declare a false identity - it is beyond mad but no one want's to address it.

I would like to see a proper safe route for genuine refugees and I would be happy to fill the UK up with them as I absolutely love diversity - and hopefully some of these people can help with our employment crisis as I would love to be able to find a dentist.

Boat economic chancers can feck right off - I'm not sure if I can make myself any clearer here.

That last sentence though...who are you telling the feck off? The gangsters running the operation, or the people trying to get here? It's not really fair to tell the people using this route to get here to feck off when, like you say, there aren't enough safe routes.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 12:40 - Jun 24 with 1718 viewsitfcjoe

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 12:33 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

Yo Joe

Whether you like Stewart or not he is someone who has been on thr ground there and has spent life in army or international development so is reliable with regard to what is going on there, that coupled with the cost make it a complete no brainer to not do.....before you even consider the ethical and moral questions, plus fact that even on days around the flight there are more boat people crossing so it's making no difference to stop that route

How much of our lack of infrastructure is down to poor governance though? Lack of ambition, lack of big infrastructure projects, short term planning etc.

Because the councils and Government own swathes of land, there is a construction skills crisis, and we need more houses built - why is 'UK plc' not doing this rather than selling land off to developers who sit on it to keep market high? We are creaking at the seams because we have cronyism rather than ideaology, the retention of power more important than what is done with it

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 12:46 - Jun 24 with 1698 viewsEwan_Oozami

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 12:40 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Whether you like Stewart or not he is someone who has been on thr ground there and has spent life in army or international development so is reliable with regard to what is going on there, that coupled with the cost make it a complete no brainer to not do.....before you even consider the ethical and moral questions, plus fact that even on days around the flight there are more boat people crossing so it's making no difference to stop that route

How much of our lack of infrastructure is down to poor governance though? Lack of ambition, lack of big infrastructure projects, short term planning etc.

Because the councils and Government own swathes of land, there is a construction skills crisis, and we need more houses built - why is 'UK plc' not doing this rather than selling land off to developers who sit on it to keep market high? We are creaking at the seams because we have cronyism rather than ideaology, the retention of power more important than what is done with it

As you say Joe, we're "creaking at the seams" through our own and our Govt's choices, not because of a few thousand people coming acress the Channel every year.

And I think the pod you heard was the one Rory does with Alistair Campbell?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 13:43 - Jun 24 with 1640 viewslongtimefan

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 11:56 - Jun 24 by GlasgowBlue

The EU actually funded a Trump like wall in Turkey.

I was somewhat amazed to hear on Radio 4 earlier this week that Denmark were negotiating with Rwanda to set up a similar relationship to the UKs to relocate asylum seekers.
Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 13:58 - Jun 24 with 1597 viewsLord_Lucan

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 12:40 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

You run a construction company Joe

You know it's not easy, you simply cannot change things overnight.

That said, I don't disagree that we should be building and welcoming, I get that and we are failing - but how do you think it goes down if we build thousands of houses for immigrants when our natives haven't got a pot to p1ss in.

No one seems to want to address this.

Oh, let's let everyone just come over - lah de dah.

No one is prepared to tackle the problem - and it is the biggest problem out there.

Yes there are some people fleeing persecution but come on, most people are just wanting a better life - and I don't blame them - but let's get real and stop fannying about.

** I admit to falling asleep for a few minutes whilst typing this so apologies if the conversation has moved on.

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 14:10 - Jun 24 with 1571 viewsitfcjoe

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 13:58 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

You run a construction company Joe

You know it's not easy, you simply cannot change things overnight.

That said, I don't disagree that we should be building and welcoming, I get that and we are failing - but how do you think it goes down if we build thousands of houses for immigrants when our natives haven't got a pot to p1ss in.

No one seems to want to address this.

Oh, let's let everyone just come over - lah de dah.

No one is prepared to tackle the problem - and it is the biggest problem out there.

Yes there are some people fleeing persecution but come on, most people are just wanting a better life - and I don't blame them - but let's get real and stop fannying about.

** I admit to falling asleep for a few minutes whilst typing this so apologies if the conversation has moved on.

I'm not talking about building thousands of homes for immigrants, I'm talking about building the thousands of homes the country requires and requires every year, talking about replacing the council housing stock which is lost annually on right to buy

Try and find tradesmen now, they aren't there - any that are there get hoovered up by the big builders.

If the Govt set up a big housebuilding programme and trained up staff to do it over the next 50 years not 6 months then we could service our own people - those trained up by Govt would inevitable see lots filter back into private sector which is good for economy as well - I guess similar to when British gas and Eastern Electricity used to do thei apprenticeships, or even when the council used to manage their housing stock themselves with maitenance.

You can't change things overnight, but you can at least try and make big changes, and work towards them - local councils could start. When Ipswich want to build houses ensure that there is work for the apprentices at Suffolk College, even if they have to be subsidsied by taxpayer - we do the same with university degrees so why not in work training?

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 14:10 - Jun 24 with 1567 viewsunbelievablue

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 14:10 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

I'm not talking about building thousands of homes for immigrants, I'm talking about building the thousands of homes the country requires and requires every year, talking about replacing the council housing stock which is lost annually on right to buy

Try and find tradesmen now, they aren't there - any that are there get hoovered up by the big builders.

If the Govt set up a big housebuilding programme and trained up staff to do it over the next 50 years not 6 months then we could service our own people - those trained up by Govt would inevitable see lots filter back into private sector which is good for economy as well - I guess similar to when British gas and Eastern Electricity used to do thei apprenticeships, or even when the council used to manage their housing stock themselves with maitenance.

You can't change things overnight, but you can at least try and make big changes, and work towards them - local councils could start. When Ipswich want to build houses ensure that there is work for the apprentices at Suffolk College, even if they have to be subsidsied by taxpayer - we do the same with university degrees so why not in work training?

I knew I should have gone into laying bricks.

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 15:10 - Jun 24 with 1470 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Rwanda macht frei
Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 15:43 - Jun 24 with 1418 viewsLord_Lucan

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 12:39 - Jun 24 by unbelievablue

That last sentence though...who are you telling the feck off? The gangsters running the operation, or the people trying to get here? It's not really fair to tell the people using this route to get here to feck off when, like you say, there aren't enough safe routes.

I'm sorry J if I wasn't clear enough

The gangsters can feck off

The boat driver and people within the boat can feck off*******

The French Police who are actively ignoring everything as it lessons their burden can feck off

****** And this is the problem because out of every 50 blokes on a boat there is going to be maybe a family and two or three kids and of course I don't want them to feck off - I'd rather give them a cuddle.

Not simple is it.

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 15:44 - Jun 24 with 1416 viewsitfcjoe

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 14:10 - Jun 24 by unbelievablue

I knew I should have gone into laying bricks.

If you had done and were half decent at it you'd be naming your own price currently - plenty out there getting £250-£300 a day who can just run a line in. Those who actually can set it out, do the corners, plinths, and the like are printing money

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 15:47 - Jun 24 with 1408 viewsunbelievablue

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 15:44 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

If you had done and were half decent at it you'd be naming your own price currently - plenty out there getting £250-£300 a day who can just run a line in. Those who actually can set it out, do the corners, plinths, and the like are printing money

Was my dad's trade. Did some hod-carrying in the summers on his sites and enjoyed it all but never had any interest in laying bricks. Too soft.

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 16:03 - Jun 24 with 1393 viewsLord_Lucan

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 15:44 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Crazy isn't it.

Daughter bought a house just down the road from me but it needs completely renovating, I think some old bird lived there in one room and everything turned to sh1t - including the room she lived in - poor old girl.

No kitchen, no bathroom - complete rebuild!

Couldn't have happened at a worse time. She told me the quote for fitting the bathroom and I thought it was a crazy price - turns out that was just for fitting it and didn't include the actual bathroom furniture!

Thankfully we are calling on friends to do some bits and pieces but it's difficult because they are flat out and coining it - probably working for you!

Now, I fully appreciate that I am very lucky because at present I have a few quid - and I honestly keep reminding the whole Lucan tribe that we are fortunate (although things can change in an instant).

Thing is - and don't get me wrong, but I don't know anyone who isn't flat out and raking it in. My Mrs comes from the other side of the tracks so to speak and visited her brother yesterday who lives in Gainsborough**** and he's minted and driving around in a brand new Range Rover.

**** I'm really not trying to sound like a prat, I'm just commenting that everyone I know from various walks of life are very comfortable at the moment - but all I hear is that everyone is skint.

Ok, maybe I am a prat, I fully appreciate that a lot of people are struggling, I just don't know any.

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 16:04 - Jun 24 with 1385 viewsitfcjoe

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 15:47 - Jun 24 by unbelievablue

Was my dad's trade. Did some hod-carrying in the summers on his sites and enjoyed it all but never had any interest in laying bricks. Too soft.

It is tough work, tough on the back especially and whilst summer work bowling round with shirt off getting fit is fun with a bit of banter - getting in your van at pitch black in early morning to chug along to a site an hour away in freezing cold when you are waiting for it to get warm enough to lay for a few hours isn't the one.

Johnson today on Rwanda policy on 17:46 - Jun 24 with 1324 viewsHARRY10

An utterly cretinous idea, straight out of the bloaters 'stupid solutions to complex problems'

It does not address why these people are crossing the channel (and not staying in France) - nor what they are leaving the home countries

What it does do is provide a costly distraction, from what is almost a global problem. Thickos will say something is 'now being done', just as a fireman piss ing on your house fire is ... 'doing something'.

This problem needs European wide cooperation, and that cannot mean one country deluding itself that a crackpot scheme that is no where near dealing with those crossing the channel is the answer,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024