Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned 15:23 - Jun 24 with 5193 viewsElderGrizzly

Over half of US states will make abortion illegal almost immediately

Just after this yesterday

[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 15:26]
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 15:38 - Jun 24 with 2581 viewsunbelievablue

Despicable.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 15:40 - Jun 24 with 2576 viewsIllinoisblue

Republicans care about kids in the womb, but just wait until they’re in the classroom trying to flee from a maniac with an assault rifle, well, sorry kids, you’re on your own there.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 15:43 - Jun 24 with 2561 viewsStokieBlue

The US is on the road to being a failed state. The actions around this and guns are sickening.

They have absolutely no legitimacy to look down on other countries anymore.

Fine for states to decide on abortion but not on gun regulation. Ridiculous.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 15:49]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 15:48 - Jun 24 with 2523 viewsSTYG

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 15:43 - Jun 24 by StokieBlue

The US is on the road to being a failed state. The actions around this and guns are sickening.

They have absolutely no legitimacy to look down on other countries anymore.

Fine for states to decide on abortion but not on gun regulation. Ridiculous.

SB
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 15:49]

Absolutely heartbreaking. At the same time they are pushing to have sex education removed in schools as well.

I cannot imagine some of the depressing stories that will no doubt occur with young girls and unplanned pregnancies and the alternatives they may look at if they decide they do not wish to carry a child. Had read a horrible linked article about suicides in young girls that fell pregnant who had no option but to carry it to term.

Regardless of where you stand on whether abortion should or should not be legal, a law to remove that choice is utterly disgusting. A law literally telling people what they can and cannot do with their own body?
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 15:48 - Jun 24 with 2518 viewstractordownsouth

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 15:40 - Jun 24 by Illinoisblue

Republicans care about kids in the womb, but just wait until they’re in the classroom trying to flee from a maniac with an assault rifle, well, sorry kids, you’re on your own there.

Exactly. It's not about being pro-life, it's about controlling women's bodies.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 15:49 - Jun 24 with 2505 viewsunbelievablue

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 15:48 - Jun 24 by tractordownsouth

Exactly. It's not about being pro-life, it's about controlling women's bodies.

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 15:57 - Jun 24 with 2461 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

‘The land of the free’
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 16:31]
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:01 - Jun 24 with 2450 viewsBlueBadger

This will be Tory party policy in less than 18 months. Mark my words.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:10 - Jun 24 with 2409 viewsJDB23

Absolutely heartbreaking. I guess Americans should just vote harder!

Looks like this isn’t the end of the regression:

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:12 - Jun 24 with 2397 viewsBlueBadger

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:10 - Jun 24 by JDB23

I'm just hearing that the Taliban have issued a statement in support of the US High Court.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:14 - Jun 24 with 2380 viewsDanTheMan

Reactionaries are just great aren't they?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:22 - Jun 24 with 2350 viewsWhos_blue

Holy f@ck.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:27 - Jun 24 with 2323 viewsMattinLondon

I find it strange that the US states that are most ‘pro life’ tend to be the ones who execute more of their prisoners.
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:38 - Jun 24 with 2279 viewsJ2BLUE

America has gone from the country I want to visit most and a country I thought was amazing to a country that absolutely terrifies me. Not just this but the realisation there are a hell of lot of Americans with no health insurance working for $5 an hour and tips or equally crap per hour salaries that do not allow them to buy the basics.

American Dream my arse.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:41 - Jun 24 with 2258 viewsChurchman

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:01 - Jun 24 by BlueBadger

This will be Tory party policy in less than 18 months. Mark my words.

The tories can have as many crackpot policies as they like in 2 years time. All their MPs will be able to meet in a telephone booth and swivel their eyes in unison. Ahhh the comfort of opposition.

Meanwhile, it strikes me as a very strange ruling. I like America. It’s a great country, but they are an odd lot at times.
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:42 - Jun 24 with 2250 viewsBlueBadger

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:27 - Jun 24 by MattinLondon

I find it strange that the US states that are most ‘pro life’ tend to be the ones who execute more of their prisoners.

...And the most rabidly opposed to gun control. Almost as if this isn't about being 'pro life '.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 16:45]

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:46 - Jun 24 with 2234 viewsBlueBadger

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:41 - Jun 24 by Churchman

The tories can have as many crackpot policies as they like in 2 years time. All their MPs will be able to meet in a telephone booth and swivel their eyes in unison. Ahhh the comfort of opposition.

Meanwhile, it strikes me as a very strange ruling. I like America. It’s a great country, but they are an odd lot at times.

It's a country that was founded by religious fundamentalists. Don't forget that.

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:48 - Jun 24 with 2212 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 15:40 - Jun 24 by Illinoisblue

No. The kids will have guns, they will have the support of a 16 clip 9mm gat with enough stopping power to take down all the bad guys, backed by uzi toating teachers and bazooka barrelling lunch ladies they will be equipped to repell any attack.

More guns is the answer! Crime up? More guns. Shootings up? More guns. Wartime, guns, peace time guns, defrating the deep state in the name of Q..................... guns.

Guns, guns , guns. No terminations, that would be an abomination against God. GUNS, God likes guns, how do you think he watsed that snake that ballsed up the garden of Eden? Blew that mofo away.

To be clear. Guns

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:51 - Jun 24 with 2177 viewsDanTheMan

I did read as well that apparently for almost all the republican nominated judges, they all said Roe Vs. Wade was settled law.

So basically they lied.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:51 - Jun 24 with 2169 viewsMattinLondon

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:46 - Jun 24 by BlueBadger

It's a country that was founded by religious fundamentalists. Don't forget that.

I believe I’m correct in saying that it’s a commonly held belief that the settlers on the Mayflower left England because they wanted to escape persecution. Rather, they left because England had religious freedom (by the standards of the day).

I could be wrong, I’m routinely am.
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:56 - Jun 24 with 2152 viewsHighgateBlue

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:41 - Jun 24 by Churchman

Why is the ruling strange? I think if one were to look at the. US Constitution afresh, without ever having heard of Roe v Wade, it would be a fairly natural interpretation to say that a document that makes no reference to abortion does not prevent democratic legislatures making laws on abortion.

Now, I'm very sad indeed (and not a little angry) that Mississippi wants to enact such strict limits on abortion, but the ruling is just that the US Constitution does not prevent the legislature from making a law restricting abortion. The ruling is not that states must ban abortion, or should ban abortion, or that there should be tighter controls on abortion.

I pray our government doesn't go down the same road as Mississippi, and despite the fact that I hate this government, I don't think for a minute they will. But if they did, and got legislation through parliament, what element of our constitution would stop that? I can't see that our constitution contains anything remotely similar to what Roe v Wade embodied. If the Americans are being outrageous savages, as many claim, it's not because of the Supreme Court's interpretation of the constitution, it's because of the decision of state legislatures to enact horribly restrictive laws.
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 17:10 - Jun 24 with 2084 viewsunbelievablue

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:56 - Jun 24 by HighgateBlue

Why is the ruling strange? I think if one were to look at the. US Constitution afresh, without ever having heard of Roe v Wade, it would be a fairly natural interpretation to say that a document that makes no reference to abortion does not prevent democratic legislatures making laws on abortion.

Now, I'm very sad indeed (and not a little angry) that Mississippi wants to enact such strict limits on abortion, but the ruling is just that the US Constitution does not prevent the legislature from making a law restricting abortion. The ruling is not that states must ban abortion, or should ban abortion, or that there should be tighter controls on abortion.

I pray our government doesn't go down the same road as Mississippi, and despite the fact that I hate this government, I don't think for a minute they will. But if they did, and got legislation through parliament, what element of our constitution would stop that? I can't see that our constitution contains anything remotely similar to what Roe v Wade embodied. If the Americans are being outrageous savages, as many claim, it's not because of the Supreme Court's interpretation of the constitution, it's because of the decision of state legislatures to enact horribly restrictive laws.

Scrap the whole constitution then.

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 17:10 - Jun 24 with 2085 viewsZXBlue

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 16:56 - Jun 24 by HighgateBlue

What an appalling, backwards, insular, dysfunctional nation.

The idea that judiciary are appointed on political grounds is bad enough. But for them to then make decisions based on such obvious political and religous bias is disgusting.

Then there is the guns, the healthcare system, 10 days a year paid holiday, and on and on and on...
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 17:12 - Jun 24 with 2079 viewsMattinLondon

I don’t think that the government will try and limit abortion or make it an election issue. Not due to any concerns regarding morality or allowing women control of their bodies but because there’s no populist currency in that issue.

I fully expect them to bring up capital punishment sooner rather than later.
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 17:40 - Jun 24 with 2015 viewsBlueBadger

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 17:12 - Jun 24 by MattinLondon

I don’t think that the government will try and limit abortion or make it an election issue. Not due to any concerns regarding morality or allowing women control of their bodies but because there’s no populist currency in that issue.

I fully expect them to bring up capital punishment sooner rather than later.

There's a fair few loons(Dorries, Rees-Mogg and J Rhyming -Slang, to name but three)who will be monitoring this closely.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024