Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kalvin Phillips to Man City 17:35 - Jun 24 with 1509 viewstractordownsouth

Interesting one that, thought he'd end up at Man United or Arsenal.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:12 - Jun 24 with 1416 viewsgosblue

I don’t get it. Man City, really? Decent player at lower prem level. Should never pull on an England shirt. He was the worst of a really bad England in recent games.
Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:15 - Jun 24 with 1403 viewsITFC_Josh

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:12 - Jun 24 by gosblue

I don’t get it. Man City, really? Decent player at lower prem level. Should never pull on an England shirt. He was the worst of a really bad England in recent games.

Ermm…he literally won England player of the year?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 18:19]
Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:17 - Jun 24 with 1393 viewsJ2BLUE

It’s almost sad in a way. He will go to City and play enough games in each competition for a medal but he will finish the season on about 30 appearances in all competitions.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:41 - Jun 24 with 1314 viewsIllinoisblue

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:17 - Jun 24 by J2BLUE

It’s almost sad in a way. He will go to City and play enough games in each competition for a medal but he will finish the season on about 30 appearances in all competitions.

It’s an interesting dilemma for a player like him; go to a club where you won’t be the main man but you’re almost guaranteed to win trophies. Or be like a Kane or Shearer, club legend but never win anything.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:42 - Jun 24 with 1310 viewsclive_baker

Flynn Downes to Leeds?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:42 - Jun 24 with 1314 viewsmarchy

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:41 - Jun 24 by Illinoisblue

It’s an interesting dilemma for a player like him; go to a club where you won’t be the main man but you’re almost guaranteed to win trophies. Or be like a Kane or Shearer, club legend but never win anything.

This guy summed it up very well last year https://www.theringer.com/soccer/2021/8/5/22610101/harry-kane-tottenham-transfer
Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:42 - Jun 24 with 1309 viewsSweetman

Citeh are really becoming a stupidly good squad. Their genuine worst player from their starting side is probably Sterling, who is an exceptional footballer and walks into every team in the Prem's Starting XI (bar Liverpool).
Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:46 - Jun 24 with 1297 viewsChrisd

Fernandinho has returned to Brazil, so it makes sense they get a like for like replacement in that midfield. Phillips will benefit greatly from the move and in turn this will help England too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 19:02 - Jun 24 with 1252 viewsclive_baker

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:46 - Jun 24 by Chrisd

Fernandinho has returned to Brazil, so it makes sense they get a like for like replacement in that midfield. Phillips will benefit greatly from the move and in turn this will help England too.

Certainly shouldn't do England any harm having him working with Walker, Stones, Grealish, Foden & Sterling day in day out. Not to mention the rest of the international talent around him to learn from like KDB, Haaland etc etc.

Add Rice, Kane & TAA to that group and you've got 9 of England's outfield 10 if I had my way.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 19:23 - Jun 24 with 1174 viewsjaykay

man u is the last place he would go to, he wouldn't want to upset his family

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 19:33 - Jun 24 with 1131 viewsOwainG1992

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:42 - Jun 24 by clive_baker

Flynn Downes to Leeds?

Downes has been touted to join Leeds UTD up here in Leeds.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 19:37 - Jun 24 with 1089 viewschicoazul

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:41 - Jun 24 by Illinoisblue

Imagine being Kane and going to England and there is Walker and Sterling and Stones and Henderson with all those trophies and you have nothing. I’d go for the 30 games and the glory every time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 22:57 - Jun 24 with 906 viewsIllinoisblue

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 19:37 - Jun 24 by chicoazul

Imagine being Kane and going to England and there is Walker and Sterling and Stones and Henderson with all those trophies and you have nothing. I’d go for the 30 games and the glory every time.

I’m not sure I would; the sheer ecstasy of a 200+ goal career would surely beat having a league cup medal

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 22:59 - Jun 24 with 900 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 19:33 - Jun 24 by OwainG1992

Downes has been touted to join Leeds UTD up here in Leeds.

Both Leeds and West Ham will be going for him.
Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 23:18 - Jun 24 with 831 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 22:59 - Jun 24 by PrideOfTheEast

Both Leeds and West Ham will be going for him.

us holding 20% of profit should help drive up the price.
Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 23:28 - Jun 24 with 806 viewsVaughan8

A bit of strange one for me. Man city can get anyone and they chose him? Had injury problems last year............is he over them?
Clearly is a backup for Rodri so he probably won't play in many of the "big" games unless Rodri is out.

However, from his point of view its a no brainer - presuming its a payrise, a very good chance of some silverware and if Rodri gets a longish injury, he could push his way in.
Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 23:36 - Jun 24 with 782 viewsBigCommon

Kalvin Phillips to Man City on 18:17 - Jun 24 by J2BLUE

Might do him good after his injury last season... James Milner had a few seasons at City, not featuring loads.. Pretty sure that's what's prolonged his career..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024