Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Torch/flashlight. 16:18 - Jun 25 with 1530 viewsjeera

However you refer to them.

I need a better torch than the couple I'm relying on atm.

There's no point in spending too much as I tend to lose them/break them but don't want a rubbish one either. I popped out late a few nights ago to help look for a kid who'd gone missing (temporarily thank goodness) and realised I could have been 10 X more use if my torch reached further than a few poxy feet. I only normally use one for close up stuff and hadn't given it much thought until then.

Can I get a half decent one for under £40?

I've seen a couple of decent looking ones at the £80 mark but would be pissed off if I lost one of those.

I like the idea of water resistant to a metre as these ones are but can't visualise a time when that could be necessary.

Anyone have any they can recommend?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Torch/flashlight. on 17:11 - Jun 25 with 1467 viewsBluearmy71

It is most definitely a Torch not a bloody Americanism for it!! That and you can place batteries in them or rechargeable batteries for them to work and when they do work they shine a light which other than a direct beam of light from it, it can have various modes of lighting on it that perform pretty patterns.

Oh and as a kid I had one torch with red, green and blue lenses on it, it was cool as the F word back in the day, things were simple back then you didn't need flashy patterns........................until that one b@stard brought one into school that had flashy patterns, you know the kid I mean, every school had one. next day half the fooking school turned up with one!!
Torch/flashlight. on 17:26 - Jun 25 with 1443 viewsjeera

Torch/flashlight. on 17:11 - Jun 25 by Bluearmy71

It is most definitely a Torch not a bloody Americanism for it!! That and you can place batteries in them or rechargeable batteries for them to work and when they do work they shine a light which other than a direct beam of light from it, it can have various modes of lighting on it that perform pretty patterns.

Oh and as a kid I had one torch with red, green and blue lenses on it, it was cool as the F word back in the day, things were simple back then you didn't need flashy patterns........................until that one b@stard brought one into school that had flashy patterns, you know the kid I mean, every school had one. next day half the fooking school turned up with one!!

"one torch with red, green and blue lenses on it"

Not sure that's quite what I have in mind if I'm honest.

Torch/flashlight. on 18:19 - Jun 25 with 1409 viewsBogblue

Childfinder

https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-rechargeable-led-work-light-2000lm/769kf

Brightest, most intense search beam I 've ever seen in a torch, very wide angle and long range. Fairly heavy but you're unlikely to lose it
Torch/flashlight. on 18:24 - Jun 25 with 1401 viewsjeera

Torch/flashlight. on 18:19 - Jun 25 by Bogblue

Childfinder

https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-rechargeable-led-work-light-2000lm/769kf

Brightest, most intense search beam I 've ever seen in a torch, very wide angle and long range. Fairly heavy but you're unlikely to lose it

And if I ever go kangaroo hunting that's exactly the sort of thing I could strap to the roof of my car!

I was thinking more hand held really.

You know, one up on my small pocket one that I go slug hunting with, but not enough to blind passing aircraft pilots.

Torch/flashlight. on 18:25 - Jun 25 with 1398 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Assume you've looked at the Nightseacrher re-chargable searchlights

https://nightsearcher.co.uk/en/category/products-d3a/Searchlights.html

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Torch/flashlight. on 18:31 - Jun 25 with 1388 viewsjeera

Torch/flashlight. on 18:25 - Jun 25 by You_Bloo_Right

Assume you've looked at the Nightseacrher re-chargable searchlights

https://nightsearcher.co.uk/en/category/products-d3a/Searchlights.html

No, no funnily enough I hadn't.

Thanks though!

Thinking more regular torch but hopefully one that someone else has owned and can confirm it won't break in the first week and will hold enough of a charge to do its job.

Torch/flashlight. on 18:34 - Jun 25 with 1385 viewseireblue

Sorry just skim reading hopefully was that what you were looking for.
Torch/flashlight. on 18:44 - Jun 25 with 1375 viewsBogblue

Torch/flashlight. on 18:24 - Jun 25 by jeera

And if I ever go kangaroo hunting that's exactly the sort of thing I could strap to the roof of my car!

I was thinking more hand held really.

You know, one up on my small pocket one that I go slug hunting with, but not enough to blind passing aircraft pilots.

Haha, what was that thing in the beeb drama The Tourist about not driving at night, kangas attracted by headlights would crash into you?

It's not huge, about 18cm x 14 x 7 closed up. Not weighed it but about 1Kg at a guess so the nightsearchers do look handier in that respect
Login to get fewer ads

Torch/flashlight. on 18:47 - Jun 25 with 1369 viewsjeera

Torch/flashlight. on 18:44 - Jun 25 by Bogblue

Haha, what was that thing in the beeb drama The Tourist about not driving at night, kangas attracted by headlights would crash into you?

It's not huge, about 18cm x 14 x 7 closed up. Not weighed it but about 1Kg at a guess so the nightsearchers do look handier in that respect

Definitely looking for something more conventional.

Although I've no doubt that would have found the kid we were searching for I'm not thinking of taking it up full time!

The person in question showed up safe and sound I should add. Several hours later but fine.

Torch/flashlight. on 22:48 - Jun 25 with 1289 viewsParsley

Torch/flashlight. on 18:47 - Jun 25 by jeera

Definitely looking for something more conventional.

Although I've no doubt that would have found the kid we were searching for I'm not thinking of taking it up full time!

The person in question showed up safe and sound I should add. Several hours later but fine.

I just use the torch on my phone, but if I wanted a separate one my first thought would be Maglite
Torch/flashlight. on 23:01 - Jun 25 with 1275 viewschicoazul

Olight are well expensive but really good and will last forever. Rechargeable too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Torch/flashlight. on 23:04 - Jun 25 with 1272 viewsjeera

Torch/flashlight. on 23:01 - Jun 25 by chicoazul

Olight are well expensive but really good and will last forever. Rechargeable too.

I shall have a look through their (and Maglite's) range.

Thanks Chico and Parsley.

Torch/flashlight. on 00:15 - Jun 26 with 1218 viewsfactual_blue

The Imalent MS18 looks like it fits the bill

https://www.imalentstore.com/products/imalent-ms18-100000-lumen-flashlight

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Torch/flashlight. on 01:47 - Jun 26 with 1183 viewsjeera

Torch/flashlight. on 00:15 - Jun 26 by factual_blue

The Imalent MS18 looks like it fits the bill

https://www.imalentstore.com/products/imalent-ms18-100000-lumen-flashlight

Yes that's the one.

Do you think they'll haggle?

Torch/flashlight. on 13:01 - Jun 27 with 1027 viewsElephantintheRoom

I’ve often been blinded by joggers wearing a head torch. No idea if they are expensive and you can probably buy the same thing cheaper as a fisherman’s head torch.

That would leave both hands free to tackle nocturnal child molestors too

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Torch/flashlight. on 13:24 - Jun 27 with 987 viewsjeera

Torch/flashlight. on 13:01 - Jun 27 by ElephantintheRoom

I’ve often been blinded by joggers wearing a head torch. No idea if they are expensive and you can probably buy the same thing cheaper as a fisherman’s head torch.

That would leave both hands free to tackle nocturnal child molestors too

Those things look ridiculous and have no place on the head of anyone who isn't a mechanic or miner.

I do have somewhere though I can't remember why.

Torch/flashlight. on 13:43 - Jun 27 with 959 viewsmrshallisfit

I know Jamie used to have a magic one.
Torch/flashlight. on 13:45 - Jun 27 with 955 viewsjeera

Torch/flashlight. on 13:43 - Jun 27 by mrshallisfit

I know Jamie used to have a magic one.

I shall look on Ebay.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024