Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watch out Keir..... 17:53 - Jun 25 with 594 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/25/andy-burnham-says-labour-must-s

Definitely not positioning himself as a leader in waiting!

Burnham adds: “My starter for10 would be: good housing as a human right in UK law and a major council housebuilding programme to make it real; a higher basic minimum income for all and the end to insecure employment; social care on NHS terms and a substantial increase in mental health spending: and the re-nationalisation of rail and re-regulation of bus services.

“Whatever the precise policy programme, the enormity of the change needed can’t be denied and will require consensus and political foundations to sustain it for a generation or more.”

Labour policy is not to support PR for Westminster elections....."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Watch out Keir..... on 18:10 - Jun 25 with 524 viewsEdwardStone

I kind of take huge offence when people talk about decent housing as a Human Right.....because it isn't.

Decent housing is far more important than that.

Without a warm space to stay, you will perish at these latitudes.

Human Rights are things like recourse to the Law, free and fair elections, access to medicine and education, freedom of religious worship amongst many others.

A decent, warm, dry house is a fundamental need.

Apart from that.... sign me up
Watch out Keir..... on 18:34 - Jun 25 with 466 viewsjeera

Watch out Keir..... on 18:10 - Jun 25 by EdwardStone

I kind of take huge offence when people talk about decent housing as a Human Right.....because it isn't.

Decent housing is far more important than that.

Without a warm space to stay, you will perish at these latitudes.

Human Rights are things like recourse to the Law, free and fair elections, access to medicine and education, freedom of religious worship amongst many others.

A decent, warm, dry house is a fundamental need.

Apart from that.... sign me up

It is as you say a basic need and I have always despaired at anyone thinking otherwise.

Including successive governments who never seem keen to address the issue.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024