Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signings 18:13 - Jun 25 with 5716 viewsStu_boy

So based on km interview do we think bakinson will return or not? He grew on me after watching his debut at hilsboro where the only time i noticed him was when he lay on the floor at the end, if not bakinson would we look at a more ball playing cm? How many more do we think we'll sign maybe 2 more?
New signings on 18:22 - Jun 25 with 4743 viewswkj

I don't think that he will, or he needs to now.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

New signings on 18:23 - Jun 25 with 4740 viewschenners17

I really hope that we are ambitious for the ST and go for Jerry Yates.

Would be perfect for our system and would be our 20 goal a season L1 striker to send us up.
Good age too.

Depends how ambitious the club want to be.
New signings on 18:26 - Jun 25 with 4731 viewsMattinLondon

I may well be reading too much into it but I do think that KM gave the impression that he liked him as a player. But, would only go back in for him if we didn’t get anyone better.
New signings on 18:32 - Jun 25 with 4679 viewscbower

With the signing of Ball, the return of Evans, and if Harper remains & the emergence of youngsters into the bargain, where is the need?

bluescouser

New signings on 18:36 - Jun 25 with 4637 viewsStu_boy

New signings on 18:32 - Jun 25 by cbower

With the signing of Ball, the return of Evans, and if Harper remains & the emergence of youngsters into the bargain, where is the need?

Agreed, until his post match comments, personally think we would only look at him if we moved harper on
New signings on 19:21 - Jun 25 with 4531 viewsDJR

New signings on 18:36 - Jun 25 by Stu_boy

Agreed, until his post match comments, personally think we would only look at him if we moved harper on

Based on last season, Bakinson is a better player than Harper, but maybe McK can work his magic on Harper. It's interesting though that he chose to loan out Harper, and bring Bakinson.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 19:23]
New signings on 19:29 - Jun 25 with 4494 viewsBigCommon

He's training with Bristol City u23's.... Ipswich have not taken up the option to buy...
New signings on 19:32 - Jun 25 with 4502 viewsParky

Spoke to Ashton before the game today, said we will sign 2 or 3 more, but not any ‘big money signings’. His words were along the lines of “you should see our wage bill already”. Then almost alluded that Celina won’t be coming back and saying “it’s down to whether he wants him, or not”.

Edit - speaking about McKenna regarding Celina.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 19:33]
Login to get fewer ads

New signings on 19:51 - Jun 25 with 4397 viewsStu_boy

New signings on 19:32 - Jun 25 by Parky

Spoke to Ashton before the game today, said we will sign 2 or 3 more, but not any ‘big money signings’. His words were along the lines of “you should see our wage bill already”. Then almost alluded that Celina won’t be coming back and saying “it’s down to whether he wants him, or not”.

Edit - speaking about McKenna regarding Celina.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 19:33]

Your last line in contradiction of everything before. Surely, if celina comes back even on loan it would cost a lot but before that it sounds like we wont spend much? But we can if km wants to
New signings on 19:57 - Jun 25 with 4368 viewsParky

New signings on 19:51 - Jun 25 by Stu_boy

Your last line in contradiction of everything before. Surely, if celina comes back even on loan it would cost a lot but before that it sounds like we wont spend much? But we can if km wants to

Hence the vibe that McKenna doesn’t want him.

Edit - Probably should be more clear:

Ashton was first asked “will we make any big money signings” and he replied along the lines of “you should see our wage bill already”.

He then got asked “what about Celina, he’s the name everyone’s talking about” and Ashton gave the vibe that it’s not who McKenna wants.

Must say, for some of the stick he gets, seemed a decent bloke, baring in mind we just stood on our own with our beers not really interested in him and he walked over to us to converse.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 20:07]
New signings on 20:13 - Jun 25 with 4283 viewsStu_boy

New signings on 19:57 - Jun 25 by Parky

Ashton was first asked “will we make any big money signings” and he replied along the lines of “you should see our wage bill already”.

He then got asked “what about Celina, he’s the name everyone’s talking about” and Ashton gave the vibe that it’s not who McKenna wants.

Must say, for some of the stick he gets, seemed a decent bloke, baring in mind we just stood on our own with our beers not really interested in him and he walked over to us to converse.

Ah fair enough, be interesting to see who we do end up with. Obviously be nice to give the youngsters an opportunity to shine, heard a lot of good things about chiwewa and from what ive seen humphries looks class
New signings on 22:56 - Jun 25 with 3873 viewsgosblue

We’ve done good business so far on the players we wanted who were immediately available. Now it’s like being in a house buying chain. If Harper goes or we don’t get another player we are looking at, then we may well go back for Bakinson. It’s the same with a striker. We probably need to get someone off the wage bill first and the selling club need to have a replacement before they will sell to us. Patience guys, it’s early days.
New signings on 23:03 - Jun 25 with 3836 viewsxrayspecs

New signings on 22:56 - Jun 25 by gosblue

We’ve done good business so far on the players we wanted who were immediately available. Now it’s like being in a house buying chain. If Harper goes or we don’t get another player we are looking at, then we may well go back for Bakinson. It’s the same with a striker. We probably need to get someone off the wage bill first and the selling club need to have a replacement before they will sell to us. Patience guys, it’s early days.

I suspect that they are also considering whether the likes of Chirewa, Humphreys and potentially Hughes are ready for the first team squad this season, or need to go out on loan.

We will get a better sense of where they stand as we play better opposition.
New signings on 23:29 - Jun 25 with 3764 viewstractorshark

I actually see more potential in Harper than Bakinson.
Bakinson may be more complete right now but I genuinely think Harper has the attributes to become a quality player.
The problem is he’s raw and prone to switching off. But if McKenna can nurture that talent we may have a real gem there.
He started last season well but then became a bit of a scapegoat for our defensive deficiencies. Some of that was justified but I don’t think it helped when Cook started doubting what position is his best. I don’t think he’s a 10 for what it’s worth,
The jury is out on him and the ball is in his court. Can he kick on or will he drop down the leagues?
New signings on 00:48 - Jun 26 with 3632 viewsBigCommon

Stating the obvious here... But when your in the middle of a transfer window, with potentially a few irons in the fire. Your always going to underplay the available funds in public. Especially for wages... Ashton's not stupid. He knows he's speaking to a wider audience, than those stood in front of him. And he's made it clear already that The Club aren't going to get their pants pulled down, by players or agents.... Personally think that every word that comes out of his mouth during any negotiations, are all part of the bigger "pitch"... That's just his job.. I mean that in the nicest possible way..
New signings on 01:15 - Jun 26 with 3600 viewsBondiBlue

New signings on 23:03 - Jun 25 by xrayspecs

I suspect that they are also considering whether the likes of Chirewa, Humphreys and potentially Hughes are ready for the first team squad this season, or need to go out on loan.

We will get a better sense of where they stand as we play better opposition.

I very much hope this is true. It's the way it should be - make sure you need to recruit before recruiting.

Poll: Which would you accept?

New signings on 07:34 - Jun 26 with 3382 viewsfranz_tyson

New signings on 23:29 - Jun 25 by tractorshark

I actually see more potential in Harper than Bakinson.
Bakinson may be more complete right now but I genuinely think Harper has the attributes to become a quality player.
The problem is he’s raw and prone to switching off. But if McKenna can nurture that talent we may have a real gem there.
He started last season well but then became a bit of a scapegoat for our defensive deficiencies. Some of that was justified but I don’t think it helped when Cook started doubting what position is his best. I don’t think he’s a 10 for what it’s worth,
The jury is out on him and the ball is in his court. Can he kick on or will he drop down the leagues?

But what are we - a development/23's side OR a club who desperately needs to get out if this league? If Bakinson is more complete a player now than Harper then he's more use to us and gives us a better chance of getting out of this league next season. Developing young players should be way down the priority list. I hear a lot about players who will develop just by spending time with McKenna as if he's got a magic wand. McKenna hasn't got time to develop everybody and I don't think we have the time to wait for some players to realise their potential. At the moment, if it was a choice between Harper and Bakinson then Bakinson would win hands down.
Not that concerned if we don’t sign Bakinson, but he did improve and weighed in with a couple of goals.
New signings on 07:53 - Jun 26 with 3287 viewsxrayspecs

New signings on 01:15 - Jun 26 by BondiBlue

I very much hope this is true. It's the way it should be - make sure you need to recruit before recruiting.

KM has made reference in last couple of days to being able to take time on any final additions, which I interpret as seeing how the current group perform pre-season, before making any further additions.

Beyond Humphreys, Chirewa and Hughes, decisions will need to be made on El Miz, Dobra, Harper who were on the periphery last year and Piggott and Penney, over whom there remain question marks.
New signings on 12:43 - Jun 26 with 2875 viewsChrisd

New signings on 18:32 - Jun 25 by cbower

Exactly. Plenty were waxing lyrical over Harper at the start of last season and he needs to step up and start delivering. Humphreys looks a real talent, I'd like to see him in around the first team this season and pushing those in front of him. He seems one of those confident, young lads that is unfazed, so I have little doubt if he gets his chance he'll want to prove to everyone he should be a regularly involved in the match day squad.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

New signings on 12:53 - Jun 26 with 2834 viewsVeggie

This is actually really interesting insight, thanks. Some fans forget that we have to be mindful of budgets. They hear that we are backed by a pension fund and think we can just pay whatever we like in fees and wages. Celina is a luxury in terms of his huge salary. Bakinson is ok, but nothing that is going to help us get promoted. I like the fact that we are being careful with the pennies and not just splashing the cash for no reason. It shows that the club is being run well.
New signings on 13:16 - Jun 26 with 2738 viewsJ2BLUE

New signings on 18:26 - Jun 25 by MattinLondon

I may well be reading too much into it but I do think that KM gave the impression that he liked him as a player. But, would only go back in for him if we didn’t get anyone better.

Exactly. McKenna is not an idiot either and i'm sure he's well aware that ruling anything out would be stupid.

He might even be doing Bakinson a favour by hinting we may be back for him. Any other clubs monitoring him would likely make their move now if they wanted him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New signings on 14:28 - Jun 26 with 2600 viewsBlueandTruesince82

New signings on 22:56 - Jun 25 by gosblue

From Kennys words after the game, about what we can and can't control, it sounded to me like we've done what we wanted in terms of frees, those players who were available that we wanted are now in and what we can't control is now what's being worked on which suggests to me players at other clubs so waiting for decisions on poss loan additions, waiting for clubs to being one in before they let one out, maybe waiting on players to make their decisions.

Defo expect to see 2 more in wonder if a 3rd would depend on Piggot heading out

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

New signings on 14:41 - Jun 26 with 2567 viewsChurchman

I think Bakinson will be on the possible list depending on who leaves, what’s available and what his wage demands are. He’s not going to be first choice otherwise he’d have been signed up by now.

Most of you are better judges than me, but from what I’ve seen he has a bit about him, but I’m not entirely convinced. Sort of ok either way.

He is hardly in Nigel Pearson’s good books, that’s for sure. Good manager, but a bit… odd.
New signings on 22:17 - Jun 26 with 2195 viewsPioneerBlue

“League One clubs will be limited to a squad size of 21 (2022/23 season). Players aged under the age of 21 are exempt from these restrictions.” Rule 43.9.2 also allows GK to be excluded from the 21 player list.

So who currently makes the cut? I like all the players in the squad but…

28 players today, 25 excluding GKs,
3 under 20 by my count
25 has to come down to 21.

If McKenna is to add 2, it’s likely the 4 that don’t make the cut are in this group…

Burgess and Ndaba,
Harper, El Miz,
KVY,
Edwards,
Piggot,
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 23:05]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

New signings on 22:24 - Jun 26 with 2168 viewsBeckets

New signings on 22:17 - Jun 26 by PioneerBlue

“League One clubs will be limited to a squad size of 21 (2022/23 season). Players aged under the age of 21 are exempt from these restrictions.” Rule 43.9.2 also allows GK to be excluded from the 21 player list.

So who currently makes the cut? I like all the players in the squad but…

28 players today, 25 excluding GKs,
3 under 20 by my count
25 has to come down to 21.

If McKenna is to add 2, it’s likely the 4 that don’t make the cut are in this group…

Burgess and Ndaba,
Harper, El Miz,
KVY,
Edwards,
Piggot,
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 23:05]

I think you’ll find it’s 21 excluding goalkeepers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024