Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to the game today.... 20:56 - Jun 25 with 1772 viewsnorth_stand77

Was really enjoyable afternoon, lots of families with young children, so nice friendly atmosphere.A chance for Town to help out a small local club and the kids to have candyfloss and a nice day out.

What a shame some thought it appropriate to sing the stupid Delia song, which was really unnecessary and totally out of context with the occasion. Please stop, it's embarrassing. Surely better things to sing about?

Went to the game today.... on 21:52 - Jun 25 with 1558 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does seem out of context and a bit obsessive. All clubs have bellends though. Glad you enjoyed the game, but it seems all wrong at this time of year. We should be having rain delays in the tennis and cricket, not playing football!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Went to the game today.... on 21:57 - Jun 25 with 1531 viewsjeera

Good to hear you're out and about.

Hope it's going well.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Went to the game today.... on 21:58 - Jun 25 with 1540 viewsBluearmy71

The context is its a football match for those to sing at if they wish, I understand you found it an inappropriate song to sing and its not one of my fave songs but you don't enter a boxing ring without the expectation of being hit.

Please tell me how many songs that you found appropriate did the same people sing to help or even start such a good atmosphere?? Or was it not worth picking the same people out and giving them a little praise for doing so, after all it was their day to have fun too!!

I was also given the title of your post a little disappointed there wasn't even a mention of the players or any comment on the match itself.
Went to the game today.... on 22:01 - Jun 25 with 1519 viewsjeera

Went to the game today.... on 21:58 - Jun 25 by Bluearmy71

The context is its a football match for those to sing at if they wish, I understand you found it an inappropriate song to sing and its not one of my fave songs but you don't enter a boxing ring without the expectation of being hit.

Please tell me how many songs that you found appropriate did the same people sing to help or even start such a good atmosphere?? Or was it not worth picking the same people out and giving them a little praise for doing so, after all it was their day to have fun too!!

I was also given the title of your post a little disappointed there wasn't even a mention of the players or any comment on the match itself.

Behave.

It wasn't some big derby match.

This was a small local community/family friendly day out with a 60 min run out.

Went to the game today.... on 22:06 - Jun 25 with 1489 viewsSitfcB

Went to the game today.... on 22:01 - Jun 25 by jeera

Behave.

It wasn't some big derby match.

This was a small local community/family friendly day out with a 60 min run out.

Good opportunity for the new generation to learn the songs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Went to the game today.... on 22:07 - Jun 25 with 1485 viewsjeera

Went to the game today.... on 22:06 - Jun 25 by SitfcB

Or to learn some class.

Needham Market ffs.

Ooh, that'll learn 'em.

Went to the game today.... on 22:44 - Jun 25 with 1328 views44_not_out

An 80 year old woman living rent free in their heads. The song is cringe at best.
Went to the game today.... on 23:08 - Jun 25 with 1280 viewsnorth_stand77

Went to the game today.... on 22:06 - Jun 25 by SitfcB

I think you have little kiddies sitters, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if they learned that particular song or had someone shouting it in their face! There's plenty of others more suitable.
Login to get fewer ads

Went to the game today.... on 23:18 - Jun 25 with 1244 viewsnorth_stand77

Went to the game today.... on 21:57 - Jun 25 by jeera

Good to hear you're out and about.

Hope it's going well.

Hi Jeera, having a reasonable spell at the moment. Still ongoing but feeling better than I was, thanks
Went to the game today.... on 00:10 - Jun 26 with 1129 viewsfactual_blue

Went to the game today.... on 21:58 - Jun 25 by Bluearmy71

I'd say 99% of 'songs sung at matches about other football clubs' are somewhere between 'just plain naff' and 'downright offensive'.

In the 'just plain naff' category - a song about Delia Smith. In the latter - the Fashanu song, 'Who's that lying on the runway'. If you're not old enough to remember the latter (which was a Liverpool song more than anything), then that's perhaps as well.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Went to the game today.... on 11:17 - Jun 26 with 769 viewsstrikalite

Went to the game today.... on 23:18 - Jun 25 by north_stand77

Hi Jeera, having a reasonable spell at the moment. Still ongoing but feeling better than I was, thanks

Good to hear S!

Oh and the song, no idea what their obsession is with her, these lads haven't any new songs of any quality sadly, it's cringe, at best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024