Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... 10:53 - Jun 27 with 4574 viewsitfcjoe

....and Swansea value him at £11-12m.

Could be a handy sell on incoming

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 10:55 - Jun 27 with 3829 viewsElderGrizzly

One thing Evans was good at was sell-ons so you’d hope it is a good one
Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 10:56 - Jun 27 with 3797 viewsBig_Jase

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 10:55 - Jun 27 by ElderGrizzly

One thing Evans was good at was sell-ons so you’d hope it is a good one

We sold Downes under the new regime.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 10:58 - Jun 27 with 3768 viewsElderGrizzly

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 10:56 - Jun 27 by Big_Jase

Ah, so we did!

Ashton appears to be good to at Bristol so hope the same applies!
Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 10:59 - Jun 27 with 3754 viewsmarkchips

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 10:56 - Jun 27 by Big_Jase

There definitely will be one then and 20% of £8M = 1.6M over instalments might get us a decent striker to supplement what we have .
Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:02 - Jun 27 with 3705 viewschicoazul

That can’t be right. Many on TWTD told us how over rated and basic he is, and how his mentality isn’t right. No way can he be going to a PL club.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:04 - Jun 27 with 3647 viewsGavTWTD

I'm hearing £6m with a sell on of 15% from our swansea editor.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:04 - Jun 27 with 3624 viewsclive_baker

There were whispers Leeds were looking at him as a replacement for Phillips.

I would imagine Swansea would get £10m minimum, he's deffo well equipped for the step up IMO, physically he's perfect for the Premier league.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:08 - Jun 27 with 3521 viewsHighgateBlue

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:02 - Jun 27 by chicoazul

That can’t be right. Many on TWTD told us how over rated and basic he is, and how his mentality isn’t right. No way can he be going to a PL club.

Losing him was just another example in a long line of us totally failing to get anywhere near the most out of our homegrown talent. He was, is, and will be a class act. One would have hoped that we had bucked this trend, but with it appearing as though we'll lose Simpson without even a single first team goal for Town, things are as depressing as ever in that department.
Login to get fewer ads

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:08 - Jun 27 with 3514 viewsOwainG1992

Flynn is the one that saddens me he left when he did.
Don't blame him one bit but if there was an academy player to guide us up the leagues he was the one for me.
Hope he goes all the way.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:10 - Jun 27 with 3457 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:08 - Jun 27 by HighgateBlue

Losing him was just another example in a long line of us totally failing to get anywhere near the most out of our homegrown talent. He was, is, and will be a class act. One would have hoped that we had bucked this trend, but with it appearing as though we'll lose Simpson without even a single first team goal for Town, things are as depressing as ever in that department.

He was the one I was most bothered about losing.

Good luck to him.
Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:12 - Jun 27 with 3419 viewschicoazul

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:04 - Jun 27 by GavTWTD

I'm hearing £6m with a sell on of 15% from our swansea editor.

6 would be an absolute steal. He’s going to play champions league in a couple years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:19 - Jun 27 with 3286 viewsOsborneOneNil

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:12 - Jun 27 by chicoazul

6 would be an absolute steal. He’s going to play champions league in a couple years.

Is he? Ah nice.

Do we get promoted this season?
Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:20 - Jun 27 with 3268 viewsSwansea_Blue

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:12 - Jun 27 by chicoazul

Yep, in this market £6m would be cheap as chips for him. It's hard to compare players from across different positions, but I reckon he was their standout player last year. At least in the defensive half anyway, as they've some talent in Piroe and Obafemi.

He went back up to the Championship effortlessly (looked better there than in L1 with us), so it's easy to see him doing well in the PL. CL though? We'll have to see.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:24 - Jun 27 with 3225 viewshomer_123

A Lazio friendly must be on the cards then.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:31 - Jun 27 with 3143 viewschicoazul

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:20 - Jun 27 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, in this market £6m would be cheap as chips for him. It's hard to compare players from across different positions, but I reckon he was their standout player last year. At least in the defensive half anyway, as they've some talent in Piroe and Obafemi.

He went back up to the Championship effortlessly (looked better there than in L1 with us), so it's easy to see him doing well in the PL. CL though? We'll have to see.

A good chum of mine in the City is ITK with a lot of London football agents, Arsenal and Spurs have looked at Downes loads. Apparently though they only want to buy young players who have already played a bit of PL first team these days.

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:32 - Jun 27 with 3120 viewsBig_Jase

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 10:58 - Jun 27 by ElderGrizzly

Ah, so we did!

Ashton appears to be good to at Bristol so hope the same applies!

Yeah hopefully!

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:34 - Jun 27 with 3096 viewsclive_baker

Find that hard to believe, it would require him joining a City, Liverpool, Chelsea, United etc which feels a little far fetched. I can see him slotting in to a Palace or Leeds and not looking out of place 15th in the Premier League though. He's been linked with Palace for ages, even when he was with us, and it would make sense for a whole host of reasons, not least the chance to play under one of the greatest combative midfielders the league has ever seen in Vieira.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:40 - Jun 27 with 3010 viewsSwansea_Blue

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:34 - Jun 27 by clive_baker

Find that hard to believe, it would require him joining a City, Liverpool, Chelsea, United etc which feels a little far fetched. I can see him slotting in to a Palace or Leeds and not looking out of place 15th in the Premier League though. He's been linked with Palace for ages, even when he was with us, and it would make sense for a whole host of reasons, not least the chance to play under one of the greatest combative midfielders the league has ever seen in Vieira.

I've no idea whether he'll reach the top or not, but he's the one most likely to out of all our recent youth products. He's obviously got the talent, but he's also got the strength (of mind and body) needed to get there. Palace does seem a decent next step for him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:40 - Jun 27 with 3014 viewsRobTheMonk

From a Town perspective it was gutting to see him go.

But from his perspective, entirely the right move at the right time. Too good for League 1 and now by the look of it, a Premier League team beckons. With that, financial security for life (providing he's sensible).
Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:41 - Jun 27 with 2994 viewsMattinLondon

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:31 - Jun 27 by chicoazul

A good chum of mine in the City is ITK with a lot of London football agents, Arsenal and Spurs have looked at Downes loads. Apparently though they only want to buy young players who have already played a bit of PL first team these days.

If that’s the case, why did they even look at him in the first place?
Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 12:14 - Jun 27 with 2687 viewschicoazul

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 11:41 - Jun 27 by MattinLondon

If that’s the case, why did they even look at him in the first place?

All big clubs have vast scouting networks watching young players all over the continent all the time. Pipeline.

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 12:24 - Jun 27 with 2561 viewsElderGrizzly

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 12:14 - Jun 27 by chicoazul

All big clubs have vast scouting networks watching young players all over the continent all the time. Pipeline.

And obviously they have a habit of stockpiling young players, loan them out multiple times then make a big profit.
Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 15:17 - Jun 27 with 1842 viewsitfcsuth

How long before the transfer request goes in...?
Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 15:26 - Jun 27 with 1788 viewsBonneNIL

It's a sad day when Swansea, Wolves, Palace, and Southampton are a much bigger option than us for our own products.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 15:45 - Jun 27 with 1674 viewsSTYG

Flynn Downes linked with Wolves, Palace and Southampton... on 15:26 - Jun 27 by BonneNIL

It's a sad day when Swansea, Wolves, Palace, and Southampton are a much bigger option than us for our own products.

Why is it? Based on 20 years ago? 40 years ago?

Manchester United or Arsenal could have said the same in the 1970's of us.

We deserved to be where we were then and we deserve to be where we are now, as do Palace, Wolves, Southampton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024